(Topic ID: 256070)

Where can i find this clear plastic (Williams Aztec)

By MrAztec

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Garrett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
IMG_9356 (resized).JPG
IMG_9355 (resized).JPG
IMG_9397 (resized).JPG
20191122_110740 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Anyone here knows where i can found this part?

It has a number 30C-466-9

https://www.ipdb.org/images/119/image-12.jpg

20191122_110740 (resized).jpg20191122_110740 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Truthfully, since it doesn't have any artwork that would need to be reproduced, that would be pretty easy to make yourself.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Truthfully, since it doesn't have any artwork that would need to be reproduced, that would be pretty easy to make yourself.

Yeah, what drsfmd said. I've made these before. Just be sure to use PETG or Lexan (polycarbonate). Acrylic won't hold up.

#4 4 years ago

What they said.

#5 4 years ago

Here are a few pictures of a clear plastic I recreated recently for an Atlantis where the tip broke off the original plastic. I didn't get a good picture of the plastic after I cleaned up the shape. Between the two rough pictures and the finished product I used a drum sander attachment to my drill gun to get the shape down to the proper outline. Then I sanded the edges of it with ever finer sandpaper. If you want to go to town you can use Novus or Mothers Mag Polish to really clean up the edges of this clear plastic.

IMG_9355 (resized).JPGIMG_9355 (resized).JPGIMG_9356 (resized).JPGIMG_9356 (resized).JPGIMG_9397 (resized).JPGIMG_9397 (resized).JPG
#6 4 years ago

On a side note of plastics. I took a set and soaked them in hydrogen peroxide the last few days with a $15 UV bulb over them and they are now nice and clear

2 months later
#7 4 years ago

I just got a laser cutter. I'll likely be making some. I just need to figure out the posts.

1 year later
#8 2 years ago
Quoted from AdamH:

I just got a laser cutter. I'll likely be making some. I just need to figure out the posts.

What did you end up doing about the posts? I've laser-cut the plastic. I could share the file if you still need it.

#9 2 years ago

That's nice to offer.

On the Aztec you might as well make 20 of them damn things. One good ball smack and it will crack again.

Anyone found a fix for this other than keep replacing it?

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from edednedy:

Yeah, what drsfmd said. I've made these before. Just be sure to use PETG or Lexan (polycarbonate). Acrylic won't hold up.

As mentioned here above, if you make it out of polycarbonate, you shouldn’t have anymore future problems. I made the mistake of making mind from acrylic the first time, shattered after about 1 month. The polycarbonate has lasted years.

#11 2 years ago

Found this on ebay.

ebay.com link: itm

Standoffs included.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Found this on ebay.
ebay.com link: itm
Standoffs included.

Thank you! Just picked up one myself.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Thank you! Just picked up one myself.

Sweet. The Aztec I just picked up seems to have that one already replaced and the broken original was in the coinbox. Still need a right hand sling plastic for mine.

Anyone know if this company is reputable?

https://sos-pinball.com/en/760-decors-flipper-aztec-plastic-pinball.html

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:Sweet. The Aztec I just picked up seems to have that one already replaced and the broken original was in the coinbox. Still need a right hand sling plastic for mine.

Are they out of Canada? Has the .com extension. I wouldn't mind a set of those myself.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Are they out of Canada? Has the .com extension. I wouldn't mind a set of those myself.

France, it seems.

If you get a set and have an intact right sling, I'd buy it.

#16 2 years ago

Garrett RC_like_the_cola
Would you be able to tell/show me where this plastic goes? I am stumped!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#17 2 years ago

Sweet. The Aztec I just picked up seems to have that one already replaced and the broken original was in the coinbox. Still need a right hand sling plastic for mine.

France, it seems.
If you get a set and have an intact right sling, I'd buy it.

I need the left sling for mine
I contacted them to see if they take paypal

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from sandman74:

Garrett RC_like_the_cola
Would you be able to tell/show me where this plastic goes? I am stumped!
[quoted image]

Isn’t it the left side guide of the spinner lane?

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yes, it goes under the plastic with art on it. Mine seems original, but ebay also has that one, so I'm guessing it is a common break point, as well.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

sandman74 , yup Treybo69 is correct.

I was working on playfield touch up on mine last night. I thought I had replaced the playfield plastics but that was not the case. Surprised no one ever made a run of reproductions for this game.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Liftserv:

I need the left sling for mine
I contacted them to see if they take paypal

Can you let me know how that works out. I'm just afraid the shipping cost could make it a pricey venture.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Can you let me know how that works out. I'm just afraid the shipping cost could make it a pricey venture.

I found a post by SOS saying they do worldwide for 8 euros, so not bad. I always prefer original, so if anyone wants to sell me their right sling, I'll pay half what you have to pay for the new ones.

#23 2 years ago

I found a post by SOS saying they do worldwide for 8 euros, so not bad. I always prefer original, so if anyone wants to sell me their right sling, I'll pay half what you have to pay for the new ones.

That's not bad at all.

My plastics with graphics are only slightly warped with no cracking yet. If I can't get an entire replacement set then I won't make the change until needed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saint Petersburg, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-i-find-this-clear-plastic-williams-aztec?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.