Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1585_(resized).JPG
    pinguides_002.jpg
    image.jpg
    2013-06-23-14-01-24-580515822.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robx46.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 10 years ago
    Quoted from dragster73:

I was one of those people that took pictures and phone calls from Clay asking about this and that. I gave him the information he was asking for and many times i even took pictures that are on his repair page. Once i gave the information to him i felt it was his to do as he pleases. That's why i GAVE it to him. As far as the pages being available and they should be put back and so on. Who do you think payed to keep the web page alive for the time it was available? Clay did. All that time all the work all the things given to him for the page and yet people for some reason think it should be free to them just because. Everyone has a different opinion on this. What he owns and doesn't own and so on. To the people that think it should be there and free please create your own repair pages and put them up for everyone to copy, print and pass around. I'll be happy to take some pictures to give to you too.
    Why hasn't anyone demanded that "Cliffy protectors" make available to everyone the dimensions, type of metal and where to get the materials?
    β€œThe strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals and dreams. The weak-minded become haters.”

Technically I think you are right. We pay to have information in books just as we would pay to have a product.
    However, I think morally & for the hobby, these not being freely available hurts the hobby & who among us wants that?
    No doubt I've fixed things on my games solely due to his guides. If they weren't around I could of figured it out but there would of been a lot of bothering people on forums for help & the whole process would of taken longer. Longer to where some people might just give up out of frustration.

These guides give the average guy like myself the ability to own & fix my own games. If this were 1993, no way would I attempt owning an older game unless it were pristine & needed no work. But even then a transistor could blow or whatever. I also don't have any pinball repair guys that even live within 2 hours of me, so I can't just call up somebody to fix my problem nor would I have the cash to pay said guy. Have to do it all myself.

I feel bad for anybody who has issues with games & aren't aware of or can't access these guides. Pinwiki is OK, but there are huge holes in information compared to Clay's guides. & when just starting out with the hobby & running into all sorts of issues, yes you can ask for help on forums but you also don't want to be the guy annoying everybody with every problem that pops up. Also let's be honest, nobody who even tries to help has all the great info from Clay's guides readily available in their brain. The irony is that I've pulled up the guides before to help people who wouldn't of had to ask for help if they had the guides themselves.

So Clay is perfectly within his rights (as long as the contributors to the guides don't care) to do what he pleases. But it does hurt the hobby & potential hobbyists not having the guides available to them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robx46.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-i-find-clays-guides?tu=robx46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.