Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1585_(resized).JPG
    pinguides_002.jpg
    image.jpg
    2013-06-23-14-01-24-580515822.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awarner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

I really don't think we need to go this whole debacle at Pinside.
    In short, Clay was trying to raise money for I believe a Pinball Museum by charging $10 for his guides, and the RGP had a huge hissy-fit about it, so he took them down for good.
    If you go to RGP and search for it, I'll bet you'll find the whole story.
    I've seen Clay post on here numerous times, and I'm guessing(but not positive) that if you email Clay and tell him you'd like to get the guides he used to have and would be willing to make a donation to his museum/charity(I forgot what it was), he'd find a way to get them to you.
    For all that guy has done for pinball repair, he sure does that a lot of flak from haters.
    He just sold a bunch of games on a thread here a week or so ago, for what I thought were really reasonable prices compared to where they're selling for now.
    But back to the OP-hopefully you're able to acquire those guides, because they're extremely useful.

Being a close friend of Clay's, I have had this discussion and his answer has always been, if he has the time to remove and replace other people's work from the guides, he'll do it and release them again. It's just not been a priority with all the other things he's been doing. I was sad to see them go because they helped me a lot when I was on the road and needed to learn something quickly. His general answer is just "the guides are gone" for now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awarner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-i-find-clays-guides?tu=awarner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.