(Topic ID: 311029)

Where can I find a spool of line cord with a ground wire?

By ThePurpleDragon

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hi everyone!

I am currently looking for line cord that doesn't already have the plug attached. I am looking for the kind that has three wires, one of them being ground. Does anyone know where you can find this? Maybe in a spool?

Thank you,

Lauren

#2 2 years ago

Seems like Home Depot or Lowe's would have spools of that in stock on the shelf.

Good luck!

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Seems like Home Depot or Lowe's would have spools of that in stock on the shelf.
    Good luck!

Thanks! We checked Home Depot already and didn't find anything

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThePurpleDragon:

Hi everyone!
    I am currently looking for line cord that doesn't already have the plug attached. I am looking for the kind that has three wires, one of them being ground. Does anyone know where you can find this? Maybe in a spool?
    Thank you,
    Lauren

Cut the end off a black extension cord. Menards has a variety of colors, even the "outdoor" cords are probably fine and go up to like 50ft.

#5 2 years ago

Buy the 14’ cord from Pinball Resource and cut the plug off. Part# cord-set-14. $8.18 each.

http://www.pbresource.com/tools.html

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThePurpleDragon:

line cord that doesn't already have the plug attached. I am looking for the kind that has three wires, one of them being ground. Does anyone know where you can find this? Maybe in a spool?

I see multiple options at Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.com/b/Electrical-Wire-Outdoor-Electrical-Wires/3/N-5yc1vZc57bZ1z0rqhb
    Choose stranded wire for line cord.

#8 2 years ago

You're looking for 16 gauge three conductor wiring. As others have stated, buy a 16 gauge extension cord at your local hardware store and cut the plug off or don't because why would you want to do that.

#9 2 years ago

In the electrical section of Home Depot there is a large rack with a bunch of spools of wire on it. You get an employee and they will cut you any length of the wire type you want.

I would recommend 16/3 SJOOW wire. That would be 16 gauge, 3 conductor wire (black,white,green) with a flexible tough jacket. 14/3 and 18/3 will also work for a pinball. (note: the smaller the gauge number the larger the wire.). SOOW wire (no J ) will also work, but the jacket is thicker and a bit unruly the larger the gauge.

2 weeks later
    #10 2 years ago

What are you doing with it? That may help us understand.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-i-find-a-spool-of-line-cord-with-a-ground-wire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.