(Topic ID: 164442)

Where can I find a nice temperate climate all year long?

By mcluvin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

san-clemente-pier_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    World_map_indicating_tropics_and_subtropics_(resized).png
    566081237da7e3ddb6653b47b4cde69f331f2d297db94dfb8ab77e6d6214243e_(resized).jpg
    images_(6)_(resized).jpg
    sunnyvale_(resized).PNG
    sunnyvale_weather_(resized).PNG
    #1 7 years ago

Florida is fine 9 months out of the year. Summer kills me. Where can I move to and enjoy a nice, temperate climate all year long? High speed internet and satellite or cable TV access is a must.

#2 7 years ago

That is a tough question. No one place that I have found outside of California fits that description. When I retire, I plan to spend the summer months up in Alaska or somewhere similar.

If you are willing to put up with the BS, high costs and high taxes, the Central Coast area of California has nice weather all year round. I lived south of Santa Maria in 2006 and it was basically 50 for the low and 68 for the high on the average day year round. They also have great food and great wine there.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

If you are willing to put up with the BS, high costs and high taxes, the Central Coast area of California has nice weather all year round.

I actually lived in Monterey for about a year a long time ago. Nice place, but expensive, and well Californians. If I could swap in Texans, I'd be down for it.

#4 7 years ago

When you find it,let us know.
    Mike

#5 7 years ago

Screw temperate, long live Colorado and 4 actual seasons!!!!!!(Not intended to be seen by Texans and Californians, it's horrible here)

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Florida is fine 9 months out of the year. Summer kills me. Where can I move to and enjoy a nice, temperate climate all year long? High speed internet and satellite or cable TV access is a must.

Hawaii has some of the most steady temperatures of anywhere I know about.

Check out the record high and low temperatures as well as averages:

http://www.coolweather.net/statetemperature/hawaii_temperature.htm

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

http://www.coolweather.net/statetemperature/hawaii_temperature.htm

That's what I was thinking...but then you're on a rock.

#8 7 years ago

Sunnyvale is nice, but expensive.

sunnyvale_weather_(resized).PNGsunnyvale_weather_(resized).PNG

sunnyvale_(resized).PNGsunnyvale_(resized).PNG

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Hawaii is nice. I visited on a work trip ~10 years ago and brought my wife. We liked it a lot, but it is expensive and you know you are on an island.

#10 7 years ago

Central Texas, areas such as San Antonio.
    Cost of living is low, weather is manageable, and environment is equitable.
    This is unless you have a problem with immigration.
    This is not a sarcasm.
    Good weather to store machines for moisture, as long as you can moderate temperature.

#11 7 years ago

Move to Australia good weather good people good beach and the wildlife keep you on your toes

images_(6)_(resized).jpgimages_(6)_(resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

566081237da7e3ddb6653b47b4cde69f331f2d297db94dfb8ab77e6d6214243e_(resized).jpg566081237da7e3ddb6653b47b4cde69f331f2d297db94dfb8ab77e6d6214243e_(resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago

San Diego, or so I have read.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

North Carolina or Virginia, maybe?

#15 7 years ago

In geography, temperate or tepid latitudes of Earth lie between the tropics and the polar regions. The temperatures in these regions are generally relatively moderate, rather than extremely hot or cold, and the changes between summer and winter are also usually moderate.

World_map_indicating_tropics_and_subtropics_(resized).pngWorld_map_indicating_tropics_and_subtropics_(resized).png

per the interwebs

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It has been hotter in Northern VA recently than the Gulf coast of Florida.

#17 7 years ago

In Deez.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Is it the heat you don't like? I have found air conditioning to make it really rough on a person when they actually go outside. There are some theories I've read that if you experience the weather as it changes throughout the year, your body will acclimate itself and you'll be able to cope with extreme heat or cold a lot easier.

There may be another country that satisfies the requirements that you have. I know I'm jealous of a lot of other countries internet. America's sucks compared to Europe.

#19 7 years ago

The Pacific Northwest!

#20 7 years ago

Las Vegas?

It gets pretty hot there, but I've never been as hot there as I was when I went to Florida in the summer one year. Shhhheeesssh it was hot.

SoCal is pretty sweet all year round.

rd

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is it the heat you don't like? I have found air conditioning to make it really rough on a person when they actually go outside.

It is the combination of humidity and heat that gets me. Vegas over 100 is more tolerable than Florida in the 90s, but don't really want to live there either.

#22 7 years ago

I've been told that Santa Barbara, CA is good year round. Never been there.

Bermuda is pretty much 25C +/- 2 year round.

#23 7 years ago

I think the real answer is enough $$$ to live in 2 different places and swap every 6 months.

1 in northern Hemisphere. 1 in Southern Hemisphere.

Pick the seasons you like and live in them year round.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

I've been told that Santa Barbara, CA is good year round. Never been there.
    Bermuda is pretty much 25C +/- 2 year round.

I agree with Bermuda. Steady temperatures all year, nice golf courses, but very expensive to live there.

#25 7 years ago

Move to the UK - as long as you don't mind some rain at times.

England is temperate, it's as hot as it normally gets at the moment at 86F, and it doesn't normally drop much below freezing in winter. More than a couple of inches of snow for a day or two in winter is unusual. We speak your language, even if we spell some words funny.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It gets hot as balls down there dude!

And several months a year you get to watch turkey vultures eating hot, steamy roadkill every day.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

San Diego, or so I have read.

San Diego for the win!!

#28 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

San Diego for the win!!

I've driven in rush hour traffic there. No thanks! The weather is nice though.

#31 7 years ago

California,but your going to pay dearly for it.

#32 7 years ago

Asheville North Carolina is the closest to what I have seen for what you are asking for.

Pretty mild year round but you still get seasons.

http://www.rssweather.com/climate/North%20Carolina/Asheville/?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjy2sS8nv3NAhWEiSwKHQgUC-gQ9QEIGTAA

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It gets hot as balls down there dude!
    And several months a year you get to watch turkey vultures eating hot, steamy roadkill every day.

We mostly call them Buzzards in Virginia. My Mom grew up on a farm and when we would visit the grandparent's farm we would see them all the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_vulture

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Asheville North Carolina is the closest to what I have seen for what you are asking for.
    Pretty mild year round but you still get seasons.

That doesn't sound bad at all. Off the top of my head I can't think of a detractor.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

That doesn't sound bad at all. Off the top of my head I can't think of a detractor.

It really is beautiful area and great culture also. They have music, food, outdoors, a pinball museum, short drive to other fun stuff (nashville or the coast). You can still find reasonably priced homes in a holler leading out of town. Good health care as lots of snowbirds. Would be a great city to retire to.

#36 7 years ago

they are steadily getting 4 inch of rain (on avg) each month, but is is really a sunny place where rain just comes in during the afetrnoon so that stat is a bit decieving.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It really is beautiful area and great culture also. They have music, food, outdoors, a pinball museum, short drive to other fun stuff (nashville or the coast). You can still find reasonably priced homes in a holler leading out of town. Good health care as lots of snowbirds. Would be a great city to retire to.

Yeah Asheville is high on my list. The whole area is beautiful and the people are friendly. I'd like to be in the hills outside town above 4000 feet for the best weather.

#38 7 years ago

That whole smokey mountain area is nice eastern Tenn, western NC.

#39 7 years ago

I've lived all over the U.S. and Prescott, AZ is about the nicest all around climate I've experienced. You get the four distinct seasons and each is very mild.

#40 7 years ago

I would vote St. Martin. There's always a breeze, and the high temp is between 82-88 depending on the time of year.

#41 7 years ago

A guy I worked with had a house that was mostly underground. He had some kind of Geo thermal heat and his air hardly ever ran.

#42 7 years ago

Madeira - temperature fluctuates very little 12 months of the year.

#43 7 years ago

Of all the places I've been to San Clemente has the best year round climate. Lived there for twenty years and never needed AC . That is if you don't mind cool overcast skies throughout a lot of the summer or the view.

san-clemente-pier_(resized).jpgsan-clemente-pier_(resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-i-find-a-nice-temperate-climate-all-year-long and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.