(Topic ID: 39894)

Where can I find a KISS playfield overlay?

By avenger

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Looking for a KISS playfield overlay. MAD amusements is out of them, and I am quite frankly too cheap to buy an entire new playfield.

#2 11 years ago

One on ebay 325.00

#3 11 years ago

an overlay is way more work and if you want to do it right. Will cost you the same as just buying the repo field.

#4 11 years ago

Doesn't Fabulous Fantasies have them?
I would agree with Neo. If there is a repro out there for a fair price, I think you owe it to your game to go for that.

Especially if the best deal on an overlay around is $325, yeah don't even bother. I hear stories of overlays wrinkling after a few months & it makes me cringe. IMHO overlays are for when you have no other option. & I do agree that an overlay in the long run could actually cost you more money. Not just to properly do it, but if you go to sell the game & people know it has an overlay, there is gonna be a huge drop-off in prices & interest you get for the game.

#5 11 years ago

Tried Fabulous Fantasies and they are out as well.

#6 11 years ago

especially if your going to go through all the trouble of stripping the playfield down anyway. That's more of the PIA and incentive to do it over the money. With Kiss holding it's value well. You won't be taking a loss on it, when it comes time to sell. Spend the $300 more and get the nice clearcoated Repo. you'll be happy you did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 29.00
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 85.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-i-find-a-kiss-playfield-overlay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.