Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I have a couple modern Sterns that I think would benefit from slightly longer shooter rods. I seem to recall someone mentioning that these are available for purchase somewhere. My go to supplier is Pinball Life, but they don't appear to carry them. Can anyone provide me with a link to a longer "Stern style" rod? Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

Take the rubber shooter tip off and place a few small washers inside the tip. Works like a charm!

#3 7 years ago

I think i saw the longer rods available at Marco

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

Take the rubber shooter tip off and place a few small washers inside the tip. Works like a charm!

I did that with my TWD. It works, but it also made the tip a bit wobbly. I occasionally get uneven ball strikes because of it. Perhaps I didn't use the correct size washers.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

I think i saw the longer rods available at Marco

Thanks! I'll check it out. How long is a standard Stern rod?

#6 7 years ago

I had this same issue when having to replace a shooter rod on a classic Stern. The classic Stern rods are slightly longer than the standard rod so I bought one of these http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1608. The had to cut off the old shaft, drill and epoxy the old knob on there. It's only slightly longer, but it was perfect for what I needed. It definitely was a lot of work. Maybe you can find a new knob somewhere and it would be a lot less work.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! I'll check it out. How long is a standard Stern rod?

Pretty sure standard is 7 5/8 ? someone may want to confirm

#8 7 years ago

7 7/8 is what u want if going longer on modern sterns. 7 5/8 was factory on my MET and it sucked

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Beemus:

7 7/8 is what u want if going longer on modern sterns. 7 5/8 was factory on my MET and it sucked

Thanks! It is specifically MET, TWD and Tron shooter rods that I'd like to replace. I think an extra quarter inch would help tremendously. Where did you buy the 7 7/8 rod?

#11 7 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for the link. So we are pretty confident that this rod is indeed a quarter inch longer than the ones that came on my MET, TWD and Tron?

#12 7 years ago

Marco

#14 7 years ago

Okay, I just confirmed that the original rods are indeed 7 5/8. The original part number is 515-6557-00. Here's a link to it ....

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-6557-00

I'm going to order several of the 7 7/8 ones. I'll report back once they are installed.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I think an extra quarter inch would help tremendously.

Who couldn't use an extra quarter inch?

#16 7 years ago

for a sec I thought it maybe mrs gweem posting form his acocunt

then I realized it was a legit request...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-i-buy-longer-shooter-rods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.