(Topic ID: 16037)

Where can I buy a new 5 lamp board for WH2O?

By gweempose

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I need to buy a new five lamp board for my WH2O. It's the one used to light up the "RIVER" inserts adjacent to the blue targets. I would think this would be a standard part, but I'm having trouble locating one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

#2 11 years ago

What's wrong with the one in your game?

I had a spare of this very lamp board, and someone bought it from me last year. Thought it was strange to say the least.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

What's wrong with the one in your game?

When the board is properly screwed down, the lower "R" light doesn't work. If you slightly flex the board, it works. For now, I have stuck a washer between the middle spacer and the playfield. It changes the tork just enough so that the light works (thank you EchoVictor).

#4 11 years ago

Check the header pins for cracked solder joints. Those lamp boards frequently get cracks there, which lead to, well, behavior like this.

#5 11 years ago

I agree. Any pin that comes in here gets the headers on the lamp boards resoldered. Sometimes, they get 'dead spots' in the pad where the bulb makes contact once twisted in. That part of the board can be built up with a little solder, too.

Just heat the pin up, flow a little solder in, and then clean the connector with an acid brush and a little 91% or greater rubbing alcohol (or flux remover) and give it a couple minutes to air dry.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Just heat the pin up, flow a little solder in, and then clean the connector with an acid brush and a little 91% or greater rubbing alcohol (or flux remover) and give it a couple minutes to air dry.

Unfortunately, this goes beyond the scope of my comfort zone. Does anyone have a link to a good video which shows how to reflow the solder on header pins?

#7 11 years ago

I need a video camera so I can start filming this stuff for my blog. I'd be glad to share, but I don't have a video camera!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Quoted from gweempose:

Unfortunately, this goes beyond the scope of my comfort zone. Does anyone have a link to a good video which shows how to reflow the solder on header pins?

Just get some solder out, heat the joint, and flow new solder onto the joint, not the iron. Go for it!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-i-buy-a-new-5-lamp-board-for-wh2o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.