Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 618 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chooch
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E6C1A7C7-2F76-4B9D-9C39-EABCF31D85B4.jpeg
    jesus.gif
    A49A3096-3081-44FE-B298-F91964B1D8D7 (resized).jpeg
    3ac58185940444059456c09ed2c10ba7 (resized).jpg
    7B7523F3-0BAF-436C-9FCA-2913B695241C (resized).jpeg
    3BC79479-5199-4E58-832E-50FA2EB90D92 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0010 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0699 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0698 (resized).JPG
    E7D846CA-9ECF-4178-B397-2EFD31499B46 (resized).png
    IMG_0039 (resized).JPG
    Carbon vs Chrome (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon 2 (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170911_142022782 (resized).jpg
    20170911_180400 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#268 6 years ago

I just wanted to post a little more about the Ball Baron. Iv'e been following this thread for a while trying to order a good set of pinballs for all of my machines. I finally decided I didn't want to wait any longer so I ordered 4 carbon balls for my Met from Ball Baron the other day. This guy is great. Shortly after I place the order he calls just to let me know the carbon balls are not as shiny as the G10 or the standard chrome balls he sells. I told him I understood and that was why I was only ordering enough for one game while I wait for the Ninja ball to come back into stock. He proceed to get very technical regarding the different metals and why he is having a tough time polishing the carbon to the standards of a chrome ball. Long story somewhat shorter, he tells me he's going to send me two polished carbon and two unpolished carbon so I can see the difference. When I received the package there was also an extra standard chrome ball so I could see the difference. Here are the pics of the pinballs. I don't see much of a difference between the polished and unpolished carbon, but I do see the standard chrome is a bit smoother.

Polished vs Unpolished Carbon (resized).jpgPolished vs Unpolished Carbon (resized).jpg

Polished vs Unpolished Carbon 2 (resized).jpgPolished vs Unpolished Carbon 2 (resized).jpg

Carbon vs Chrome (resized).jpgCarbon vs Chrome (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #293 6 years ago

Thank you. I’ve been waiting for these to come available. Just placed my order.

#305 6 years ago

I’ve purchased the Baron’s carbon ball and think it is just fine for a magnetic game. In this last order I bought 16 ninjas and 4 carbon. I plan on testing the ninjas in my Met, but have no problem using the carbon balls if the chrome don’t work. For what it’s worth I have talked to the ball baron when I made my first purchase of carbon balls. He did tell me he has tested both of his carbon and chrome balls for magnetism. He told me the carbons do not hold the magnetic charge, but the chrome does. This doesn’t mean they won’t work in a magnet game, but he was very honest about them. I’m willing to buy a couple and try it out for myself.

3 months later
    #363 6 years ago

Just get the carbon balls from ball baron. I use them in my Met and I think they look great.

4 months later
    #532 5 years ago

Tried 2 sets of ninjas in my newly acquired Theater of Magic and sadly all eight balls magnetized within, I'd say, 20 games per set. I figured no big deal I'll order a bunch of the newly stocked Carbon with I like and work so well. Out of Stock. Bummer. When do you think you'll have the carbon balls back in stock?

#538 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

WOW. I figure ToM and TAF have very similar magnet usage. The trunk magnet is used for the same duration and in the same manner as the Thing hand magnet. The Hocus Pocus inlane magnets, which never touch the ball, are similar in style and usage to the Power magnets in TAF. I have 630 plays so far on my TAF since I restored it, and last time I put new balls in, 3 Ninjas. Crazy how much variation there is between games.

Yeah it didn’t take long before they were getting stuck in the trough. I didn’t believe it after checking the first set, so I put another set in, checking the balls before putting them in, and the same thing happened. Put the carbons in and everything is good to go.

#542 5 years ago

Carbon Balls say back in stock. 20 new balls ordered.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-you-buying-balls-from?tu=monk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.