Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 618 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chooch
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E6C1A7C7-2F76-4B9D-9C39-EABCF31D85B4.jpeg
    jesus.gif
    A49A3096-3081-44FE-B298-F91964B1D8D7 (resized).jpeg
    3ac58185940444059456c09ed2c10ba7 (resized).jpg
    7B7523F3-0BAF-436C-9FCA-2913B695241C (resized).jpeg
    3BC79479-5199-4E58-832E-50FA2EB90D92 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0010 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0699 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0698 (resized).JPG
    E7D846CA-9ECF-4178-B397-2EFD31499B46 (resized).png
    IMG_0039 (resized).JPG
    Carbon vs Chrome (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon 2 (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170911_142022782 (resized).jpg
    20170911_180400 (resized).jpg
    There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.
    #1 7 years ago

[WITHDRAWN]

#2 7 years ago

Pinball Life is my go-to.

Edit: Went to look for a link to their "oohhh_shiny" mirror finish balls, and it wasn't on their website. Huh.

#3 7 years ago

My wife's purse

#4 7 years ago

Pinball life

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

My wife's purse

Lol, I knew something like that was coming

#6 7 years ago

Guys saying Pinball Life....the nice shiny premium ones are not sold there anymore.

#7 7 years ago

Marco 5 pack tube..............Joey

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Guys saying Pinball Life....the nice shiny premium ones are not sold there anymore.

Where should we buy them then? I just got some and they seemed ok to me?

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Just noticed that... That's a bit of a disappointment... I could never justify the exorbitant amount of money Marco charges for their silver jet balls, so I always bought the mirror finish balls from pinball life. Dang.

#11 7 years ago

Silver Jets are fine for games with magnets. I feel like any magnetization isn't easily noticed, in my own experience anyway. Perhaps it takes time for them to get to the point it effects game play.

Give them a shot in one of your games, it's not like I'm seeing balls stick to each other or having them stuck in trough.

#13 7 years ago

Titan balls are great quality and shiny at a great price. I always throw a few on order when I get the bands now. Normally I get pinball life super shiny or Marco standard. I've been replacing location balls about every month now and just tumbling them in walnut after I get 20 or so and it saves me some $$ and I don't have to let the balls go to waste.

#14 7 years ago

I emailed Terry at PBL about the "oohhh_shiny" mirror finish balls and he said they were having some manufacturing issues with them, but he said they will be back in stock in 6 weeks or so.

#15 7 years ago

I had emailed Terry months ago and he told me manufacturing issues had pushed in-stock status to early August. Apparently those issues are pretty bad! :-/

1 week later
    #16 7 years ago

I find it interesting that there isn't more lively discussion of pinballs. It is the center of the game and people forget about them all the time. I suppose though standardization is key, not A LOT of different options. i guess I am suprized games aren't coming with customized balls more often. This kind of stuff.

http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20black%20pearl%20pinballs.html

But hey.....I'm a sucker for just plan ol' standards!

#17 7 years ago

What are the best ones available from a quality and durability standpoint? I'm not worried about cost because this is not something I want to skimp on and ruin my pf. I need to buy all new ones for my machines and used to by Pinbits however they never seem to be in stock. Pinball Life's are nice however they seem to nick up very easily.

#18 7 years ago

i've had okay luck with http://www.bearingballstore.com/ (chrome and carbon steel balls in wholesale quantities).

Only thing i'd say is to do a quick inspect before they go into a game (i've had a few that had defects which i, simply, tossed).

My thing has lately has been not giving a damn about durability and replacing them all en masse every 150 games or so. I've not found any brand to be be MARKEDLY better or worse in terms of taking nicks from regular use (given that ball damage is a rather random process to begin with). As long as the surface is right at install - play em and pitch em when they get shitty.

When i started out - i was buying silverjets and have since stopped that - opting for a more aggressive replacement regimen.

#20 7 years ago

Marco.. silver jets rule.. I wax every 3 days .. fast n aewsome ...

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Milltown:

Marco.. silver jets rule.. I wax every 3 days .. fast n aewsome ...

Wax the playfield? Or the pinballs?

#22 7 years ago

I want to try out the new ones from K's Arcade, the Turbo Shotz and Magna Shotz. https://ksarcade.net/turbo-shotz-magna-shotz-premium-pinballs-1-1-16-5-pk.html

Anyone try these yet?

#23 7 years ago

After PBL stopped selling their super shiny ones recently, I bought the shiny ones from Titan. Comparable quality (polished to grade 16!), very affordable ($1.16), and they shipped waaay fast. Anyone know of any vendors actively selling balls better than grade 16? (For newbs, lower number is better). I'd be willing to check them out too.

#24 7 years ago

Ebay the one showing camera reflection. They are called mirror balls. Something like that the more you buy the cheaper they are. Quality seems much better.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

I want to try out the new ones from K's Arcade, the Turbo Shotz and Magna Shotz. https://ksarcade.net/turbo-shotz-magna-shotz-premium-pinballs-1-1-16-5-pk.html
    Anyone try these yet?

I'm curious as well. Seems like it might be a good substitute for the PBL ones for games with magnets.

#26 7 years ago

I wax the balls every 3 or so days .. playfeild once a month month and a half...

1 week later
    #27 7 years ago

Anyone heard from Terry regarding the shiny balls? I have an order I want to put in but want to wait for the balls.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Anyone heard from Terry regarding the shiny balls? I have an order I want to put in but want to wait for the balls.

I was told a week or 2 ago that they were unsure but hoping for mid to late October.

2 weeks later
    #29 7 years ago

Funny how you don't even notice a thread like this until you need it.

I am in the middle of an overhaul on my Theatre of Magic. I pulled out my 1 year old Marco balls when I started the process a few weeks ago. They were, surprisingly, rusty... The pinballs I had (probably from them) for about 10 years before that were much nicer looking, so I pitched the rusty ones into a bin, and was going to just put the old, but not rusty ones back in.

Well, tonight I was ordering some parts from Marco, and it reminded me that I really do want to get new pinballs for the machine. It seems like for every place that someone raves about, there are a number of complaints about quality going in the toilet (heck PBL has been having quality control issues for over 3 years on theirs and as already noted *might* have another batch for those daring enough to try them coming in a few weeks).

So I am going to just tag along for now and see what happens. Thanks to those that have shared their experiences.

#30 7 years ago

Titan ones I bought were comparable to pinball life.

#31 7 years ago

I just ordered some magnashotz from K's, so I'll post when they arrive.

#32 7 years ago

$29 for 25 balls. Been using these for exactly a year. no issues with them. I used to buy the super expensive balls , Kens mirror glazed, etc.
    I need carbon steel because of magnets, don't want to get them mixed in with chrome steel, so I just buy these and replace all balls yearly , along with batteries, easy enough. Spend almost as much $ on batteries as I do balls now
    ebay.com link: itm
    JP

#33 7 years ago

I use these in my games. Work nicely. I don't notice any issues with the games that have magnets either.

There is a discount code you can use from The Pinball Podcast for Nifty.

#34 7 years ago

Guys - I've had "don't use these with magnet games" chromium balls in my Metallica for 6 months now. This game magnetizes the ball every Sparky hit and holds it for 15 seconds at multiball start so it's a good candidate to see if its a problem. The balls have not become magnetized. I don't doubt that a routed game that is played much more might develop this magnetization issue over time but for a home user, very doubtful. You will likely change the balls out well before this ever occurred.

#35 7 years ago

My magnashotz came in from K's. Initial reaction, not really glossy as I was expecting. Will be using one pack in Demo Man, and one pack in Elvis, as they both need them badly.

#36 7 years ago

Every few months, I throw a few pinball balls into my tumbler and let them tumble among the crushed walnut shells for a few hours. Voila! Just like new. . .haven't had the need to purchase new balls in years. Of course, all of that tumbling can be disorienting to those refreshed little spheres.

20160427_195419 (resized).jpg20160427_195419 (resized).jpg

20160427_195405 (resized).jpg20160427_195405 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #37 7 years ago

New date looks like pinball life will have shiny balls back in stock by the end of November. At least that's what they are hoping for. Their biggest concern is that they are high quality. And that's as of about 5 minutes ago so looks like one more month fellows

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

New date looks like pinball life will have shiny balls back in stock by the end of November. At least that's what they are hoping for. Their biggest concern is that they are high quality. And that's as of about 5 minutes ago so looks like one more month fellows

I caved and bought those steel carbon balls from ebay that someone posted about. The price was good. I'll report back when I get them.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I caved and bought those steel carbon balls from ebay that someone posted about. The price was good. I'll report back when I get them.

I just got these. I'm a little disappointed. It has been a long time since I purchased standard pinballs. These are definitely not shiny like the pinballlife ones. Hopefully, pinballlife is able to start selling again soon.

#40 7 years ago

After having the magnashotz in both Elvis and Demolition man for over a week. I can say that they play nice and look great. The original dullness was from the balls still being in the pack. Once wiped down and installed they look fine.

I would recommend these for sure. Would like to try the turboshotz, but the majority of my games have magnets. Maybe on the next game purchase.

1 month later
    #41 7 years ago

Pinball life is back in stock of all the shiniest balls!! Just bought 10.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Pinball life is back in stock of all the shiniest balls!! Just bought 10.

Just bought 100...

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just bought 100...

Show off...

1 month later
    #44 7 years ago

PBL is out of stock again-any recommendations?

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from vaevictis:

Just wait a couple days or get your old ones up to the buffing wheel.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Just wait a couple days or get your old ones up to the buffing wheel.

Just got a new game. Also-I called and PBL didn't have a time frame for the next shipment. I guess I'm gonna go Titan. Maybe I'll try those silicone rubbers now too. I just wanted to order a bunch of stuff from the same place and save on shipping (I'm cheap like that). C'est la vie

#47 7 years ago

Dang PL just got these back on stock and they are gone already? What's the ETA for more?

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from vaevictis:

PBL is out of stock again

I just placed an order with PBL on Monday with 20 very-needed balls as part of it, and then I read this! Luckily I must have gotten some of the last ones, as a frantic call confirmed my order as checked off and packed up.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just bought 100...

Quoted from vaevictis:

There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-you-buying-balls-from?hl=sshughes75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.