Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 618 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chooch
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E6C1A7C7-2F76-4B9D-9C39-EABCF31D85B4.jpeg
    jesus.gif
    A49A3096-3081-44FE-B298-F91964B1D8D7 (resized).jpeg
    3ac58185940444059456c09ed2c10ba7 (resized).jpg
    7B7523F3-0BAF-436C-9FCA-2913B695241C (resized).jpeg
    3BC79479-5199-4E58-832E-50FA2EB90D92 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0010 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0699 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0698 (resized).JPG
    E7D846CA-9ECF-4178-B397-2EFD31499B46 (resized).png
    IMG_0039 (resized).JPG
    Carbon vs Chrome (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon 2 (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170911_142022782 (resized).jpg
    20170911_180400 (resized).jpg
    There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.
    #401 6 years ago
    Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I missed the giant ball special

No you didn't - just contact me and I'll set you up. [email protected]

#402 6 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

Yes I ship to Canada. I list on Ebay for international sales only and take advantage of their Global Shipping Program which is the cheapest way to get them across the border with all fees and charges being added as you check out. That way you don't have to commit to the sale if the shipping costs are still more than you want to pay. Quantity brings down your per ball cost and I can ship as many as 300 in a Medium Flat Rate Box.
    Contact me for details if you haven't [email protected]

Just bought from you a few weeks ago. I was the guy seeing "free international shipping" when I was perusing your eBay Store.

Got my order and left positive feedback. The balls look great!

#403 6 years ago

Waiting for July...

#404 6 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

What are the best ones available from a quality and durability standpoint? I'm not worried about cost because this is not something I want to skimp on and ruin my pf. I need to buy all new ones for my machines and used to by Pinbits however they never seem to be in stock. Pinball Life's are nice however they seem to nick up very easily.

I'm not familiar with the screen names on here so you may have already tried these but have you checked ballbaron.com?

https://ballbaron.com/product-category/pinballs/

#405 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just bought from you a few weeks ago. I was the guy seeing "free international shipping" when I was perusing your eBay Store.
    Got my order and left positive feedback. The balls look great!

Thanks so much! I don't always know what screen name goes with which person.
    The Edmonton Expo is just a flip of the calendar page away. I'm one of the sponsors.

#406 6 years ago

Those ninja balls look nice for games without magnets. What's the best option currently out there for games WITH magnets?

#407 6 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

Thanks so much! I don't always know what screen name goes with which person.
    The Edmonton Expo is just a flip of the calendar page away. I'm one of the sponsors.

I heard that from one of them organizers yesterday. Maybe I'll grab some more

#408 6 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

No you didn't - just contact me and I'll set you up. [email protected]

Thanks I ended up just going with another special. The ninjas and the carbons have both worked pretty good for me so far in our 7 location games.

#409 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Those ninja balls look nice for games without magnets. What's the best option currently out there for games WITH magnets?

I'm with you. It seems that carbon balls are the only solution that don't magnetize quickly, so that's what I'm using. Change them out more often.

#410 6 years ago

Got my 300 Ninjas (damn that's one HEAVY box) and these 2, 4 inchers (these are HEAVY too) today. Thanks Dave.

IMGA0698 (resized).JPGIMGA0698 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0699 (resized).JPGIMGA0699 (resized).JPG

#411 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Got my 300 Ninjas (damn that's one HEAVY box) and these 2, 4 inchers (these are HEAVY too) today. Thanks Dave.

Those are some big balls you got there.

#412 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just curious, but what are you going to do with those big pinballs? Make a trophy? Hang them from your truck? (Truck nuts)

#413 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just curious, but what are you going to do with those big pinballs? Make a trophy? Hang them from your truck? (Truck nuts)

One is for a trophy and one is for me. But maybe I could make a Klick-Clack with both of them.

#414 6 years ago

I am tempted just to pop for one of those things.

#415 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

...and these 2, 4 inchers (these are HEAVY too) today.

What are you waiting for? Throw them in a machine and let us know how they play.

#416 5 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I am tempted just to pop for one of those things.

It is kind of cool, if you have a bar put it on it. The first think people will do when they see it will be to pick it up. Tell them it has pinball energy and to rub it before they play. But man if they drop it on their foot it's hospital time for sure.

#417 5 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

What are you waiting for? Throw them in a machine and let us know how they play.

Perfect for Hercules.

#418 5 years ago

Having heard from 2 customers both of which I shipped pre-cleaned Ninjas to, I have decided to curtail the practice of alcohol cleaning on my end. Should the Ninjas be inadvertaintly stored for a period of time ( 1 case was 8 months ) they are susceptible to corrosion just as any unused steel would be. I can't dictate how or how soon the ball is to be used, so I will afford some level of protection through delivery and receipt to help prevent this possibility. Sorry to those who experienced this and I hope I've made acceptible adjustments in these cases.
    From now on, I guess it can be nicknamed 'the slippery Ninja'.

#419 5 years ago

Prices on the Ninja have just dropped dramatically. I was able to procure a larger shipment at a better price and will pass along the savings. I won't get the new batch until June but I'm not waiting - when I save money, you save money...starting today.

#420 5 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Please don't. Their will be 20 more dimpling threads.

#421 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Please don't. Their will be 20 more dimpling threads.

Wouldn't have to worry about dimples with these, at almost 10 lbs there's no way they would EVER get air born.

#422 5 years ago

I tried to go to the website, but Firefox won't let me. Saying it is an insecure site.

#423 5 years ago

Ballbaron - Try just putting a coat of car wax on the balls and not wipe them off till used . I do this after I polish balls and good for a year +. Just wipe with a clean rag and your good to go .

#424 5 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

I tried to go to the website, but Firefox won't let me. Saying it is an insecure site.

Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm moving to a new hosting platform and the website data is taking it's sweet time propagating to the new host. If you need to order, just contact me directly and we'll paypal it while the dust settles in the website issue.

#425 5 years ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

Ballbaron - Try just putting a coat of car wax on the balls and not wipe them off till used . I do this after I polish balls and good for a year +. Just wipe with a clean rag and your good to go .

David, would be interested in your opinion on this. Would it be better to use wax, which does seem like a good idea, or a drop or two of oil? Which do you think best preserves balls which will have an appreciable time before they are used in a machine?

#426 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinplayer01:

David, would be interested in your opinion on this. Would it be better to use wax, which does seem like a good idea, or a drop or two of oil? Which do you think best preserves balls which will have an appreciable time before they are used in a machine?

Oil is by far the better protectant. Where wax would actually seal in anything like moisture or the microscopic beginnings of corrosion, the oil will let the ball breath a bit and have chemical qualities to help prevent any corrosive spread. Not sure if waxing would help during ball play but that's an avenue that might be explored - Cheers Mate!

#427 5 years ago

For those who are working the tally for the big ball prize, our Detroit friends are ahead of the pack. Don't forget - 300 ninjas can be group purchased to get your league 2 of the 4 inch Chrome balls and the Oak bases for them. If your league doesn't already have a coupon code for me to keep tally with, just email me and I'll get you set up. Just use your coupon code during checkout at ball baron.com and don't forget to hit the "APPLY" button.
    Also a reminder that the price has dropped to a very happy place for the Ninja.

IMG_0010 (resized).jpgIMG_0010 (resized).jpg

#428 5 years ago

Hey can I pick them up instead of having you ship? I’m in Georgia.

1 week later
    #429 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Waiting for July...

Are you going to want fire crackers with that order?

#430 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

Definitely...

Quoted from ballbaron:

Should have a quality Carbon ball by July 4th or maybe a little sooner. I'm having the manufacturer ramp up production once I can guarantee the quality levels.

#431 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

Hey can you get the "GOOD" M80's?

#432 5 years ago

@ballbaron. Do you have a time frame for when the carbon steel balls will be back in stock?

#433 5 years ago
    Quoted from La4s:

ballbaron. Do you have a time frame for when the carbon steel balls will be back in stock?

I'm shooting for Juy 4th but it could actually be sooner.In the meantime, the Ninjas and regular chrome are well stocked.
    https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

#434 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey can you get the "GOOD" M80's?

If only. I tried building my own once but I don't know the 'ancient chinese secret'

#435 5 years ago

OK so I started my blog today. This is more for SEO exposure than it is for anything else but you're all invited to check it out. I may throw a special up there from time to time and I'll be adressing some of the issues that have been discussed here and ther on the forum - you just won't have to search as hard.

#436 5 years ago

I ordered some silverjets from Marco and put 10 games in on my nos phantom of the opera restoration. They are now pitted and scratched to the point where I can feel the pitting after ten games.

3BC79479-5199-4E58-832E-50FA2EB90D92 (resized).jpeg3BC79479-5199-4E58-832E-50FA2EB90D92 (resized).jpeg

7B7523F3-0BAF-436C-9FCA-2913B695241C (resized).jpeg7B7523F3-0BAF-436C-9FCA-2913B695241C (resized).jpeg

#437 5 years ago
    Quoted from jboner1058:

I ordered some silverjets from Marco and put 10 games in on my nos phantom of the opera restoration. They are now pitted and scratched to the point where I can feel the pitting after ten games.

That's not good, give Ninjas a try.

#438 5 years ago
    Quoted from jboner1058:

I’d bet another brand of ball would do the same. I’d check to see if something in the game itself is the result of that first (but I know that won’t be too easy)

#439 5 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

I wish Terry still sold the oh so shiny's....those were decent balls. I think my next order will do to Barron as well.

Is it confirmed that they don't sell them anymore? I just thought they were always out of stock.

Is there anything else on the market that is as shiny and won't magnetize?

#440 5 years ago

Shiny and durable?

#441 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I’d bet another brand of ball would do the same. I’d check to see if something in the game itself is the result of that first (but I know that won’t be too easy)

Everything in the game is new or new old stock. I sanded and polished all the metal pieces that come in contact with the balls except the ball trough kick out arm (which is also new). Think that could be it?

#442 5 years ago

After reading all of this debate, I made a video review and comparison of the stock pinballs in my Stern Ghostbusters vs. The Chrome vs. The Ninja Chrome. Having using Silver Jets and the Oh So Shiny's before, I have to say I feel the Ninja Chrome is the best quality pinball available. Huge simple upgrade in my Ghostbusters Pro. It's "bling" is second to none and I found no flaws in any of the 24 pinballs in my order. So far, they have held up great. I recorded the video in full 4k so hopefully you are able to visualize the difference but I will admit comparing them in person is ideal. I am just now loading the video tonight on my Youtube.com/brewersarcade channel now so quality and resolution will improve to full quality by Saturday morning! Although I didn't film my RBION, I've had Ninjas in mine for about a year with no issues regarding magnetization.

#443 5 years ago

I can tell you that I have seen magnetization in Star Wars Premium after around 600 plays.

#444 5 years ago

Im gonna give the ninja's a try. I ordered one round to cover my 3 pins; no magnets in any of my games luckily. I typically go with oh so shiny balls from pbl but since they're out, im willing to give these a shot.

#445 5 years ago
    Quoted from jboner1058:

Everything in the game is new or new old stock. I sanded and polished all the metal pieces that come in contact with the balls except the ball trough kick out arm (which is also new). Think that could be it?

Any sharp edges on that kickout?

#446 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Im gonna give the ninja's a try. I ordered one round to cover my 3 pins; no magnets in any of my games luckily. I typically go with oh so shiny balls from pbl but since they're out, im willing to give these a shot.

I think you'll like them.

#447 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Is it confirmed that they don't sell them anymore? I just thought they were always out of stock.
    Is there anything else on the market that is as shiny and won't magnetize?

The problem is, Carbon balls may shine up almost as well but never to the extent that the Ninja does. Carbon is also not as hard and thus will dull at a more rapid rate. There is a table top degausser in the works and will be about the size of a one burner hot plate. Working on it now and targeting a 5 minute treatment for effected balls to have the magnetic memory pulled out of them for longer play life in the games with magnetic features.
    I will have a new stock of Carbon balls within the next 30 days. You van always visit ballbaron.com and check for inventoy updates and read the blog.

#448 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mention the forum post and I'll do you a solid when you order. https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

#449 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

The problem is, Carbon balls may shine up almost as well but never to the extent that the Ninja does. Carbon is also not as hard and thus will dull at a more rapid rate. There is a table top degausser in the works and will be about the size of a one burner hot plate. Working on it now and targeting a 5 minute treatment for effected balls to have the magnetic memory pulled out of them for longer play life in the games with magnetic features.
    I will have a new stock of Carbon balls within the next 30 days. You van always visit ballbaron.com and check for inventoy updates and read the blog.

Way to go, I hope it's affordable. Is it just one ball at a time?

#450 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

Mention the forum post and I'll do you a solid when you order. https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

ah bummer, I had already ordered and shipped on Friday. I'll have to hit you up next order

There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-you-buying-balls-from/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.