Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 618 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chooch
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E6C1A7C7-2F76-4B9D-9C39-EABCF31D85B4.jpeg
    jesus.gif
    A49A3096-3081-44FE-B298-F91964B1D8D7 (resized).jpeg
    3ac58185940444059456c09ed2c10ba7 (resized).jpg
    7B7523F3-0BAF-436C-9FCA-2913B695241C (resized).jpeg
    3BC79479-5199-4E58-832E-50FA2EB90D92 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0010 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0699 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0698 (resized).JPG
    E7D846CA-9ECF-4178-B397-2EFD31499B46 (resized).png
    IMG_0039 (resized).JPG
    Carbon vs Chrome (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon 2 (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170911_142022782 (resized).jpg
    20170911_180400 (resized).jpg
    There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.
    #351 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Good luck! + FYI JD and DM have a magnet

So does TZ and TWD.

#352 6 years ago

And he wrote that they do in his post

#353 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

And he wrote that they do in his post

Why yes, He did.

#354 6 years ago

Games that magnetize balls are primarily those where the ball is rubbed across the magnet rapidly (modern Sterns, Dialed In). This causes the magnetism to transfer to the ball. Games like TAF and DM where the magnet only picks up the ball and/or the ball never actually touches the magnet (power magnets) do not cause any noticeable magnetism retention.

#355 6 years ago

Says coupon expired for the 25 deal for the bonus 2" ball.

#356 6 years ago
    Quoted from tonyf1965:

It did back on 1/31. Current promo running through tomm is for 50 Ninja, free 2.5" ball.

#357 6 years ago

They are a little pricey but I have been running silverjets in my games

#358 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Games that magnetize balls are primarily those where the ball is rubbed across the magnet rapidly

Add LOTR to your list as well. They are already pretty magnetized from the ring magnet.
    Mostly noticeable when all three balls are on the sword lock and none of them want to separate for the multiball start.

#359 6 years ago

I am about to get a Star Wars Premium and was wondering if I can use the Ninjas in it or will they get magnetized....

#360 6 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I am about to get a Star Wars Premium and was wondering if I can use the Ninjas in it or will they get magnetized....

As far as I know, the only magnet in SW is the Supercharger copycat effect, and this feature is not easily activated. I'm pretty confident it would be a long time before balls got magnetized in this game.

1 week later
    #361 6 years ago

Ball Baron tried to make arrangements but could not make TPF but wanted to hook everyone up with a discount....

Today through Sunday night, Ninja pinballs, the shiniest balls on the planet, are $1.49/ea (normally $1.95).

1. Add Ninja balls to your cart (limit 200 per customer):
    https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/
    2. Apply coupon code "tpfweekend" at checkout. Enjoy!

Offer expires Sun 3/18/18 @ 11:59pm ET.

#362 6 years ago

So I have about 1900 balls played on SWPre and tbe Ninjas are becoming magnetized. What is the best, most durable ball for a game with magnets? I hate the lousy stock Stern balls.

#363 6 years ago

Just get the carbon balls from ball baron. I use them in my Met and I think they look great.

#364 6 years ago

^ Yes, the carbon balls Ball Baron sells are certainly shinier than most others on the market, they just aren't nearly as shiny as the Ninja.

https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

#365 6 years ago

Ball baron ship to Canada?

#366 6 years ago

Not at the moment....he says he doesn't because the shipping prices to ship balls outside the USA are so expensive that he doesn't think anyone would pay it.

#367 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Not at the moment....he says he doesn't because the shipping prices to ship balls outside the USA are so expensive that he doesn't think anyone would pay it.

Makes sense. Canada post ain't cheap either.

Thanks for the info!

#368 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Makes sense. Canada post ain't cheap either.
    Thanks for the info!

Are you coming to Pinfest?

#369 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Are you coming to Pinfest?

Unfortunately not.

#370 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yes, I spoke with the Ball Baron about this. You can order and ship these balls to Canada - but you will have to purchase them via eBay. Do an eBay search for "Ninja Ultra Polish" and there should be three quantities available (25, 100, or 300). 100 balls works out to about $2.66 Canadian per ball (all in). For comparison, Marco's Silverjets are closer to $5 Canadian per ball (all in).

#371 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Yes, I spoke with the Ball Baron about this. You can order and ship these balls to Canada - but you will have to purchase them via eBay. Do an eBay search for "Ninja Ultra Polish" and there should be three quantities available (25, 100, or 300). 100 balls works out to about $2.66 Canadian per ball (all in). For comparison, Marco's Silverjets are closer to $5 Canadian per ball (all in).

That's great! Thanks for the info.

#372 6 years ago

I just received 10 of the carbon steel balls and 2 of them have dents in them. Worse than the balls I am replacing. I ordered the Ninjas before and those were amazing. Not too happy...

#373 6 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I just received 10 of the carbon steel balls and 2 of them have dents in them. Worse than the balls I am replacing. I ordered the Ninjas before and those were amazing. Not too happy...

Send pictures to them.

#376 6 years ago

Ordered a bunch from Pinball life in the last month. 10 of the 50 had nicks into the carbon balls. See picture. They sent new ones however they looked like they were pulled off of the polisher to soon.

Ball baron has my biz form my next ball order!

E7D846CA-9ECF-4178-B397-2EFD31499B46 (resized).pngE7D846CA-9ECF-4178-B397-2EFD31499B46 (resized).png

#377 6 years ago

I wish Terry still sold the oh so shiny's....those were decent balls. I think my next order will do to Barron as well.

#378 6 years ago

Send pics or better yet call David aka Ball Baron. Super nice guy to deal with. He offered replacements and even sent me free samples of his ninja balls. He is reasonable just reach out to him. I will continue to buy balls from him as he has great communication.
    PS don’t contact him through Pinside. He is rarely on the forums.

#379 6 years ago

+1 for Ball Baron.

#380 6 years ago

Just bought 40 Balls fromBall Baron

#381 6 years ago

If anyone ever gets a nicked or in any way defective ball from Ball Baron, please tell him and he will take care of you. His customer service is 2nd only to the quality of his Ninja ball.

#382 6 years ago

+1 Ball Baron

#383 6 years ago

I will call him. Turned out there are several in this 10 pack that are nicked or dented.

#384 6 years ago

Bought 25 from Titan Pinball lastnight. We'll see how they look later this week. I was happy with the price, and the difference was minimal given the price difference.

#385 6 years ago

I just talked to Ball Baron himself and he is taking care of the problem beautifully. Kudos to him. He is looking for pinsiders who would like to participate in a program involving sending him info on various aspects of the durability and applications of whatever balls are used. Those selected will get sample balls. Email him

https://ballbaron.com/contact-us/

#386 6 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Bought 25 from Titan Pinball lastnight. We'll see how they look later this week. I was happy with the price, and the difference was minimal given the price difference.

I gave Titan's super shiny a try after Ball Baron said that the G10's were gone (forever....I know ). Having only G10s as a standard for super shiny balls, I have to say that they do not hold up as well as the G10s, not that they're bad, but that they aren't as nice as the G10s. I still have a handful of Titans to go through, but will definitely try the Ninjas a go next time I need balls.

1 week later
    #387 6 years ago

*HEADS UP*

Ball Baron is running a free shipping promo through Sunday 4/8.

1) Order a minimum of 10 Ninja pinballs: https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

2) Use coupon: freepinside

3) Get free shipping no matter how much your order weighs! Anything else in your order qualifies for free shipping (including the super-sized pinballs) as long as there are 10 Ninja pinballs in there.

#388 6 years ago

Last chance bump. Expires tonight.

#389 6 years ago

The BIG BALL PROMO is back!

Buy 50 Ninja chrome balls, get the giant 2.5" pinball FREE.

1) Visit ballbaron.com, and add at least 50 Ninja pinballs to your cart:
    https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/
    2) Add the 2.5" giant pinball to your cart:
    https://ballbaron.com/product/2-12-inch-chrome-steel-ball/
    3) Apply coupon code "bigball50" at checkout and the giant pinball becomes FREE.

Promo runs all week through Monday, 4/16/18!

1 week later
    #390 5 years ago

Polished Carbons will be available by July 4th. shipping takes forever.

#391 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yes I ship to Canada. I list on Ebay for international sales only and take advantage of their Global Shipping Program which is the cheapest way to get them across the border with all fees and charges being added as you check out. That way you don't have to commit to the sale if the shipping costs are still more than you want to pay. Quantity brings down your per ball cost and I can ship as many as 300 in a Medium Flat Rate Box.
    Contact me for details if you haven't [email protected]

#392 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I gave Titan's super shiny a try after Ball Baron said that the G10's were gone (forever....I know ). Having only G10s as a standard for super shiny balls, I have to say that they do not hold up as well as the G10s, not that they're bad, but that they aren't as nice as the G10s. I still have a handful of Titans to go through, but will definitely try the Ninjas a go next time I need balls.

Get in touch with me if you haven't already. The Ninja I have is every bit as good as the G-10 and I'll never run out again.

#393 5 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Contact me for a refund. Sorry I don't have the new Carbons to replace them but I'll make things right. [email protected]

#394 5 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

Ordered a bunch from Pinball life in the last month. 10 of the 50 had nicks into the carbon balls. See picture. They sent new ones however they looked like they were pulled off of the polisher to soon.
    Ball baron has my biz form my next ball order!

I will try to acquire the best possible product and have discontinued my last carbons due to a quality issue. The next shipment will be from a manufacturer I have dealt with for years and who understands the requirements you guys have. July 4th....

#395 5 years ago
    Quoted from tonyf1965:

If you missed a special and haven't contacted me - do it now. Nobody get left behind. [email protected]

#396 5 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Why couldn't a manufacturer start with a steel core and then chrome it?

The chrome will chip and scratch much more easily becouse the heat treat process doesn't give the shiney shell the same high Rockwell hardness (+60) that a solid ball gets.

#397 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I’ve purchased the Baron’s carbon ball and think it is just fine for a magnetic game. In this last order I bought 16 ninjas and 4 carbon. I plan on testing the ninjas in my Met, but have no problem using the carbon balls if the chrome don’t work. For what it’s worth I have talked to the ball baron when I made my first purchase of carbon balls. He did tell me he has tested both of his carbon and chrome balls for magnetism. He told me the carbons do not hold the magnetic charge, but the chrome does. This doesn’t mean they won’t work in a magnet game, but he was very honest about them. I’m willing to buy a couple and try it out for myself.

Having gotten a lot of feedback since then, I can only claim that I could no Magnetize a carbon ball using very straonf Rare Earth Magnets. I've come to the conclusion that electro-magnets are a different story altogether and have heard both positive and negative stories as to Magnetic memory on both chrome and carbon. I will be funding a research project with some of you this summer to collect data on operational effects of different machines on the balls as time goes by. If you're interested in participating, let me know... [email protected]

#398 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Well dam... between me and few friends we bought 300 or so..... hopefully they get back in stock soon

Should have a quality Carbon ball by July 4th or maybe a little sooner. I'm having the manufacturer ramp up production once I can guarantee the quality levels.

#399 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Why are larger Ball Barron's ball orders shipped covered in oil? What is the best way to remove the oil before putting the balls in the game?

Have you contacted me for best cleaning method on lubed balls? [email protected]

#400 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Went to place my 2nd ninja ball order and this coupon has expired. Any chance of it or something else being offered to pinside members?

Contact me directly and I'll set you up. I have also put a block on Ga sales because of Tax issues but will deal with each query as it comes along. Also, you live so close, I can meet you somewhere in Cumming and save you the shipping fee. [email protected]

There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-you-buying-balls-from/page/8?hl=oldspice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.