Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 618 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chooch
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E6C1A7C7-2F76-4B9D-9C39-EABCF31D85B4.jpeg
    jesus.gif
    A49A3096-3081-44FE-B298-F91964B1D8D7 (resized).jpeg
    3ac58185940444059456c09ed2c10ba7 (resized).jpg
    7B7523F3-0BAF-436C-9FCA-2913B695241C (resized).jpeg
    3BC79479-5199-4E58-832E-50FA2EB90D92 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0010 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0699 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0698 (resized).JPG
    E7D846CA-9ECF-4178-B397-2EFD31499B46 (resized).png
    IMG_0039 (resized).JPG
    Carbon vs Chrome (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon 2 (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170911_142022782 (resized).jpg
    20170911_180400 (resized).jpg
    There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.
    #301 6 years ago

Why couldn't a manufacturer start with a steel core and then chrome it?

#302 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I personally wouldn't put any chrome balls in a magnet game as I had problems with Chrome balls in Stern Star Trek.
    I understand the OP wants to minimize the impact to help his friend out; but I had definite problems.
    Chrome pinballs are nice; they just don't work in Magnet games as has been stated numerous times.
    So; if you want chrome steel to try - go ahead and buy from the ball baron in a small quantity. I think you'll find that YMMV but you'll likely have problems.
    If the Ball baron isn't interested in offering a highly polished carbon steel ball; then others should and will step in to fill that void.

There are a lot of pinball myths that many continue to follow without testing it for themselves. For example, people still recommend putting Milwax on their playfield and using Novus 2 with every cleaning. Both bad ideas, but people suggest them all the time on here. Point is, find out for yourself. Don't go by some guy making blanket statements who doesn't even own the balls in question. There are many balls out there with varying levels of steel makeup. They will perform differently. But a few things are absolutely true:

1. Carbon balls cannot be shined like chrome balls. No super shiny carbon ball exists and never will. Ball Baron sent me numerous carbon balls that were professionally shined in the same manner as the Ninja ball. They just don't come close. If you want shiny balls in your machine, carbon is not in the conversation. The balls that come with new Dialed In machines are literally perfect carbon balls. But they aren't shiny.

2. Carbon balls rust and tarnish very quickly. They lack the protection chrome balls offer. Chrome balls are not immune to oxidation but take longer to show its effects than a carbon ball. Tested this myself.

3. Carbon balls pit and get scratched quicker than chrome balls because they are made of a weaker material. Find the best top of the line carbon ball you can find. Play it for 50 games. Look at it. You'd think the ball was on route for months.

4. I've given my personal experience with chrome balls in magnet games. If they didn't work right and caused chaos in my games, I wouldn't be sitting here putting my reputation on the line to lie about it so some guy I've never met can sell more chrome balls. He sells carbon balls for the cheapest price anywhere and plenty of people buy carbon balls from him. Buy the carbon balls if that's what you want to do. But I feel it's important to know that chrome balls in a magnet game are not a guarantee of disaster.

If you have the G10 or Ninja balls in your magnet games, post your experience.

#303 6 years ago

What were his G10 balls? I'm assuming they are chrome since they have an incredible shine. I use them in my ToM, which is notorious for magnetized balls. I also have the trough protector in it and have no issues whatsoever. Funny thing, is that I originally used carbon steel balls (at the advice of others), and had issues. The trough protector really does help, as that was where I was seeing the most of my problems. Even carbon steel balls magnetize over time. Usually you won't see issues in game that a little nudge won't fix.

#304 6 years ago

Pinballlife used to have very shiny carbon balls. They might not be as shiny as chrome, but they looked great and didn't get magnetized.

#305 6 years ago

I’ve purchased the Baron’s carbon ball and think it is just fine for a magnetic game. In this last order I bought 16 ninjas and 4 carbon. I plan on testing the ninjas in my Met, but have no problem using the carbon balls if the chrome don’t work. For what it’s worth I have talked to the ball baron when I made my first purchase of carbon balls. He did tell me he has tested both of his carbon and chrome balls for magnetism. He told me the carbons do not hold the magnetic charge, but the chrome does. This doesn’t mean they won’t work in a magnet game, but he was very honest about them. I’m willing to buy a couple and try it out for myself.

#306 6 years ago

Been using the super shiny carbon pinballs from pinball wizard in my games . I have around 1k games on my dile with them and they still look great . They are the same as the ones pinball life use to sell but i switched bc they stopped selling them. Also if u buy 50 or more u get a great discount.

#307 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Been using the super shiny carbon pinballs from pinball wizard in my games . I have around 1k games on my dile with them and they still look great . They are the same as the ones pinball life use to sell but i switched bc they stopped selling them. Also if u buy 50 or more u get a great discount.

Out of stock

http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=849

#308 6 years ago

Just tried to order some Ninja Balls from the Ball Baron.
    No shipping outside the USA!
    Balls!

Added over 6 years ago: International Shipping is available via eBay!!!!

#309 6 years ago

Well dam... between me and few friends we bought 300 or so..... hopefully they get back in stock soon

#310 6 years ago

Marco Specialties

#311 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Just tried to order some Ninja Balls from the Ball Baron.
    No shipping outside the USA!
    Balls!

Ok, I got into contact with the Ball Baron and there actually is international shipping (including Canada) via eBay.
    Do a search in eBay for "NINJA" PINBALLS (be sure to use quotation marks around the word ninja)
    Or look for the seller: the_ball_baron

Currently there are three options: 25, 100, or 300 balls per order.

#312 6 years ago

Why are larger Ball Barron's ball orders shipped covered in oil? What is the best way to remove the oil before putting the balls in the game?

#313 6 years ago

Balls are oiled to prevent friction / pitting / potential oxidation. Larger quantities of balls might be stored for longer periods and potentially oxidize over time.

Wet with Isopropyl alcohol and wipe with cotton cloth. Do this 2X for maximum shine.

#316 6 years ago

Just a question -
    Would the hyperspace loop in Stern Starwars Premium magnetize a chrome ball? I don't believe there are any magnets in the machine other than the accelerators....

1 week later
    #317 6 years ago

Just an update - Ninja balls now collectively have 2,000+ plays in a host of magnetized games with no magnetism issues to report. Can't speak for other balls, but hundreds of games in, the Ninja balls are not affected by magnetism in these games: Dialed In, Metallica, Star Wars Premium, The Addams Family, and The Shadow - in addition to any game w/o magnets. Ball Baron continues to solicit and monitor for reports of issues with these balls and magnetism but to date none have been reported.

If you experience issues with the Ninja Balls and magnetism, definitely post here with the game in question and how it occurred. If you use the balls in a game not listed above that uses magnets and have experienced no issues after at least 100 plays, I encourage you to post here so it can be added to the 'safe' game list.

#318 6 years ago

For all who have purchased my products and have been using them, I appreciate your confidence.
    Anyone who hase any issues with the performance of the Ninja, Regular Chrome or the Carbon ball bought through ballbaron.com, please do not hesitate to reach out for assistance. It is my goal to provide the best gaming ball available and foster 100% customer satisfaction. I welcome all input and will use it to further develop the qualities all of you look for in a product.
    Shipping note and cleaning instructions:
    Larger orders will be found to have been shipped with the original lubricant coating still on the ball. This is because I presume that larger orders will be stored for a period of time and thus will continue to be protected by the coating. It also takes time to wash all these a few dozen at a time so only the premium price and smaller orders get the fully fluffed up ball. That's about all I can keep up with.
    Lay down a retired bath towel, put a few dozen balls on it and spritz them with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol. Rub them with the towel to remove most of the film. Then using a medium flat bottom tray, set the balls in that and spritz with fresh alcohol. Use a retired cotton T-shirt to dry and polish the ball. I have enclosed at least one cotton inspection glove with each order, so use that when you do final handling of the Ninja. The shine will be perfection and you will leave no body oils or trace salts on the ball as you intall it in the machine.
    This will also add new shine to used balls but won't re-polish them.
    Thanks for your participation.

#319 6 years ago

Cool info and good idea with the glove. I make it a point to never touch pinballs with bare hands for the same reason. Just ordered 10 of the Ninjas.

#320 6 years ago

I just got a dozen Ninjas from BB. Did a side by side with the old ones out of my machines and WOW are the new ones ever nice! Would highly recommend!

#321 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Just an update - Ninja balls now collectively have 2,000+ plays in a host of magnetized games with no magnetism issues to report. Can't speak for other balls, but hundreds of games in, the Ninja balls are not affected by magnetism in these games: Dialed In, Metallica, Star Wars Premium, The Addams Family, and The Shadow - in addition to any game w/o magnets. Ball Baron continues to solicit and monitor for reports of issues with these balls and magnetism but to date none have been reported.
    If you experience issues with the Ninja Balls and magnetism, definitely post here with the game in question and how it occurred. If you use the balls in a game not listed above that uses magnets and have experienced no issues after at least 100 plays, I encourage you to post here so it can be added to the 'safe' game list.

WOZ is the only game I own that absolutely goes nuts w Chrome balls. TZ gets problematic on the loop near the spiral magnets pretty quick. TAF was fine, but I don't want to keep 2 stockpiles of balls. The G10 carbons were gorgeous, and shiney enough for me....I change pretty regular (4 months or so) as they all get scratched, and worry about pf wear....

1 week later
    #322 6 years ago

BallBaron.com is offering a Pinside exclusive > FREE giant pinball when you buy some super-shiny Ninja balls.....

Buy 25 Ninja balls, get a giant 2" chrome pinball FREE (it's about 6x larger than a regular pinball by volume)
    COUPON CODE: bigball25

Buy 50 Ninja balls, get a super-giant 2.5" chrome pinball FREE (about 13x larger than a regular pinball by volume - weighs over 2lbs!)
    COUPON CODE: bigball50

Visit ballbaron.com (add the Ninja balls -and- the giant pinball to your cart, then add the coupon code)

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

BallBaron.com is offering a Pinside exclusive > FREE giant pinball when you buy some super-shiny Ninja balls.....
    Buy 25 Ninja balls, get a giant 2" chrome pinball FREE (it's about 6x larger than a regular pinball by volume)
    Buy 50 Ninja balls, get a super-giant 2.5" chrome pinball FREE (about 13x larger than a regular pinball by volume - weighs over 2lbs!)
    Visit ballbaron.com (add the Ninja balls -and- the giant pinball to your cart, then add the coupon code)

Cool I guess but why would I want a giant ass pinball?

#324 6 years ago
    Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Novelty game room item
    Put on the top of your knit hat like Captain Fantastic
    Work on your stick handling abilities
    Pinball for that Hercules you have laying around
    Get 3 and you can do that thing Bowie does in the Labyrinth
    Topper for a trophy

I already got my order so send me your comically large pinballs if you don't want them.

#325 6 years ago
    Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I thought the same thing and then I got one. A big ball of chrome is just cool to play with for some reason. It's gotten a great response from those that bought one but they are a pricey novelty so I believe that's why he did this deal.

1 week later
    #326 6 years ago

Where can I get colored pinballs? I want to replace my captive ball with a colored one.

Thanks

#327 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Where can I get colored pinballs? I want to replace my captive ball with a colored one.
    Thanks

http://shop.modmypin.com
    https://mezelmods.com/collections/vendors?q=Mod%20My%20Pin

1 month later
    #329 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Went to place my 2nd ninja ball order and this coupon has expired. Any chance of it or something else being offered to pinside members?

#330 6 years ago

Recently bought 50 Titan balls for $10 more than 25 Ball Baron Ninja balls. IMO the latter may be a little bit nicer (I loved the ones I got from before Pinside did a run on them) but not at nearly double the price.

#331 6 years ago

Titan's shiny balls are $1.50 vs. $1.95 for Ball Baron's Ninja.

Titan's regular chrome is $0.92 vs. $0.95 for Ball Baron's standard.

What's the nearly double the price?

#332 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Titan's shiny balls are $1.50 vs. $1.95 for Ball Baron's Ninja.
    Titan's regular chrome is $0.92 vs. $0.95 for Ball Baron's standard.
    What's the nearly double the price?

Titan's are $1.20 for >49 and Ball Baron is $1.85 for >25. Total with shipping for 50 was $67.99. Ball Baron would have been $55 for 26 or $99.20 for the same 50, shipping included.

#333 6 years ago
    Quoted from jay:

Titan's are $1.20 for >49 and Ball Baron is $1.85 for >25. Total with shipping for 50 was $67.99. Ball Baron would have been $55 for 26 or $99.20 for the same 50, shipping included.

Where are you seeing $1.20 for >49 for shiny balls at Titan? I know Titan10 promo code gets 10% off.

#334 6 years ago

I missed the giant ball special

#335 6 years ago

Someone design a custom machine that uses the big ball sort of like TZ uses the powerball

#336 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Someone design a custom machine that uses the big ball sort of like TZ uses the powerball

Talk about dimples.

#337 6 years ago

Yea buddy.

#338 6 years ago

There is Hercules, which uses a cue ball.

#339 6 years ago

You guys want a promo? OK....you'll get one. Let me speak with The Baron and see what I can do for you...

#340 6 years ago

The Baron aka David is a great guy! Sent me free samples of the balls and when I had a problem offered to exchange and give 30 + new ones for no charge or shipping. I spoke with him on the phone, good guy to deal with and fair. Buy with confidence, he will take care of you!
    And if there is a promo opportunity he will do it.

#341 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Where are you seeing $1.20 for >49 for shiny balls at Titan? I know Titan10 promo code gets 10% off.

Well, they were $1.20 a couple weeks ago... looks like they removed the price break after I ordered.

IMG_0039 (resized).JPGIMG_0039 (resized).JPG

#342 6 years ago

OK guys - the BIG PINBALL promo is back!

Buy 50 Ninja chrome balls, get the giant 2.5" pinball FREE.

1) Visit ballbaron.com, and add at least 50 Ninja pinballs to your cart:
    https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/
    2) Add the 2.5" giant pinball to your cart:
    https://ballbaron.com/product/2-12-inch-chrome-steel-ball/
    3) Apply coupon code "bigball50" at checkout and the giant pinball becomes FREE.

Promo runs all week through Friday, 3/9/18 or until the giant pinballs run out!

#343 6 years ago

Ordered! Oh so shiney.....my PRECIOUS!!!

#344 6 years ago

Order placed... Thanks!

#345 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

OK guys - the BIG PINBALL promo is back!
    Buy 50 Ninja chrome balls, get the giant 2.5" pinball FREE.
    1) Visit ballbaron.com, and add at least 50 Ninja pinballs to your cart:
    https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/
    2) Add the 2.5" giant pinball to your cart:
    https://ballbaron.com/product/2-12-inch-chrome-steel-ball/
    3) Apply coupon code "bigball50" at checkout and the giant pinball becomes FREE.
    Promo runs all week through Friday, 3/9/18 or until the giant pinballs run out!

Think you'll ever have those 5 inch mothers?

#346 6 years ago

Bought a batch...

#347 6 years ago
    Quoted from jay:

Well, they were $1.20 a couple weeks ago... looks like they removed the price break after I ordered.

The quantity price breaks will be back in a month or so

#348 6 years ago

Nearly all my games have magnets (TZ, SWPre, TWD, GOTG, WCS94, NF with, Demo Man, AFM, JD without). I'm thinking of just going with the chromes and takin my chances. I want that free ball!

#349 6 years ago
    Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Nearly all my games have magnets (TZ, SWPre, TWD, GOTG, WCS94, NF with, Demo Man, AFM, JD without). I'm thinking of just going with the chromes and takin my chances. I want that free ball!

Good luck! + FYI JD and DM have a magnet

#350 6 years ago

Oh right they both have a crane.

There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-you-buying-balls-from/page/7?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.