Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 618 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chooch
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E6C1A7C7-2F76-4B9D-9C39-EABCF31D85B4.jpeg
    jesus.gif
    A49A3096-3081-44FE-B298-F91964B1D8D7 (resized).jpeg
    3ac58185940444059456c09ed2c10ba7 (resized).jpg
    7B7523F3-0BAF-436C-9FCA-2913B695241C (resized).jpeg
    3BC79479-5199-4E58-832E-50FA2EB90D92 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0010 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0699 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0698 (resized).JPG
    E7D846CA-9ECF-4178-B397-2EFD31499B46 (resized).png
    IMG_0039 (resized).JPG
    Carbon vs Chrome (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon 2 (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170911_142022782 (resized).jpg
    20170911_180400 (resized).jpg
    There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
    #151 6 years ago

Sometimes I just like to fondle mine

#153 6 years ago

I'd like to see some closeup pics from those that have order some - out of the bag preferably.

#154 6 years ago

of balls?

#155 6 years ago

Here is a pic of the g10 quality balls I linked before.

20170810_200838 (resized).jpg20170810_200838 (resized).jpg

#156 6 years ago

For comparison. The PBL standard balls.

20170810_201246 (resized).jpg20170810_201246 (resized).jpg

#157 6 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Here is a pic of the g10 quality balls I linked before.

God that is gorgeous!

#158 6 years ago

Got an order into the Baron for mine. Said it was the last one.

#159 6 years ago

don't those super glossy ones lose that shine pretty quick?

#160 6 years ago

Just got mine from pinballlife.com, major disappointed. Just ball bearings. Got games with magnets. Gotta find some nice for magnets.

#162 6 years ago

Got my balls from the ball baron today. They sure are shiny.

20170810_205122 (resized).jpg20170810_205122 (resized).jpg

#163 6 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

Got my balls from the ball baron today. They sure are shiny.

WOW! Bright! Nice!

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Thepinballwizard.net has super shiny carbon steel balls. He ships quick and has alot of other good stuff reasonably priced as well.

Yup got mine good stuff

#165 6 years ago

Why are they gone for good once the supply is gone.

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Why are they gone for good once the supply is gone.

Because the supply is gone....

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Because the supply is gone....

There is a smartass in every group. Can they not get more?

#168 6 years ago

You know I'm just joshin'

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

You know I'm just joshin'

Of course.

#171 6 years ago

dam. The G10 balls are gone. What is my next best alternative ?

#173 6 years ago
    Quoted from asoka05:

dam. The G10 balls are gone. What is my next best alternative ?

The SilverJets from Marco are very nice too.

#174 6 years ago

Got my order of ten high shine chrome steel from Ballbaron - very nice finish.

IMG_0239 (resized).JPGIMG_0239 (resized).JPG

#175 6 years ago

Pretty much all my games have magnets so just put together an order @ http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=849

#176 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Got my order of ten high shine chrome steel from Ballbaron - very nice finish.

Surprised there's not a thread called "show us your balls".

#177 6 years ago

Tried some of these off ebay, THEY SUCK! dont buy, standard finish at best.

ebay.com link: 100 1 1 16 Inch Premium Mirror Finish Chrome Steel Replacement Pinballs

#178 6 years ago

Has anyone ordered any of the G100-G200 balls from Ball Baron on Ebay? Curious to see a photo of the surface, and to see how the quality of the finish stacks up against their amazing G10 balls.

#179 6 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

ebay.com link » 100 1 1 16 Inch Premium Mirror Finish Chrome Steel Replacement Pinballs

Heres a quick picture of the balls from BCTRADE very poor finish:

pb.jpgpb.jpg

#180 6 years ago

Those look pretty poor.

Does anyone have any photos of these http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=849

How long do all these super shiny balls keep their shine?

#181 6 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Has anyone ordered any of the G100-G200 balls from Ball Baron on Ebay? Curious to see a photo of the surface, and to see how the quality of the finish stacks up against their amazing G10 balls.

He included one of these "economy" balls in the last 10-15 orders of the G10 balls so people could see. He's sending me one too. Couldn't tell ya how good it is yet.

On another note, he's been testing carbon steel formulations and said it's going to be tough to deliver something close to his chrome G10s. He said the stored magnetism is definitely much less than on the chrome ones but: "The carbon ball loses it's luster very rapidly and almost requires polishing before shipping to the end user. They polish up nicely but I think even a few days in storage will see a measured slip in the polish. Carbon is much more susceptible to tarnish (light primary corrosion) than the chrome ball but the chrome retains more magnetism over time. I tested it out myself."

Will keep you updated on anything new.

#182 6 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

Heres a quick picture of the balls from BCTRADE very poor finish:

Did you reach out to BCtrade via eBay about the quality issue? I got carbon steel balls from BCtrade on eBay that were almost a perfect mirror finish.

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

He included one of these "economy" balls in the last 10-15 orders of the G10 balls so people could see. He's sending me one too. Couldn't tell ya how good it is yet.
    On another note, he's been testing carbon steel formulations and said it's going to be tough to deliver something close to his chrome G10s. He said the stored magnetism is definitely much less than on the chrome ones but: "The carbon ball loses it's luster very rapidly and almost requires polishing before shipping to the end user. They polish up nicely but I think even a few days in storage will see a measured slip in the polish. Carbon is much more susceptible to tarnish (light primary corrosion) than the chrome ball but the chrome retains more magnetism over time. I tested it out myself."
    Will keep you updated on anything new.

Interesting. The pinballlife ones always kept their shine. Anything close to those would be welcome.

#184 6 years ago

Here's a comparison with Titan on the left and Ballbaron on the right

IMG_6326 (resized).JPGIMG_6326 (resized).JPG

#185 6 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

Here's a comparison with Titan on the left and Ballbaron on the right

Ballbaron for the win!

#186 6 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

ebay.com link » 100 1 1 16 Inch Premium Mirror Finish Chrome Steel Replacement Pinballs

Thanks for the info/review! Good to know to avoid them.

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Ballbaron for the win!

Really? They look identical to me. I thought this whole thread was rather silly but had to see why it was on fire. Then I got suckered into the sale as the counts dwindled to zero on the amazing barons special balls. I am expecting magic when mine arrive.. never thought much about ball shine before now but when I get these babies in my hands, I hope they put everything I've known till now to shame.

#188 6 years ago

Very fast shipping and great product!
    Sad to see these disappear so fast.

ballsdeep (resized).jpgballsdeep (resized).jpg

#189 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Really? They look identical to me. I thought this whole thread was rather silly but had to see why it was on fire. Then I got suckered into the sale as the counts dwindled to zero on the amazing barons special balls. I am expecting magic when mine arrive.. never thought much about ball shine before now but when I get these babies in my hands, I hope they put everything I've known till now to shame.

I have both, and the ballbaron balls are definitely shinier. The difference isn't mind blowing, but the Barron's pricing was excellent and shipping was free.

#190 6 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

I have both, and the ballbaron balls are definitely shinier. The difference isn't mind blowing, but the Barron's pricing was excellent and shipping was free.

Yeah the free shipping is impressive actually.. kinda heavy item to ship

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

» YouTube video
    ....cant resist

...I really really thought this was going to be a link to a certain song by chef!

#192 6 years ago

Looks like there is still a little grease residue on the Titan ball in the last pic. Here's another pic of Titan on the left and Ballbaron on the right.

IMG_6348 (resized).JPGIMG_6348 (resized).JPG

#193 6 years ago

I see a 5% variance, perhaps.

It wouldnt matter anyway......cant recall the last time a ball stopped long enough during play to fix my hair in the reflection!

#194 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I see a 5% variance, perhaps.
    It wouldnt matter anyway......cant recall the last time a ball stopped long enough during play to fix my hair in the reflection!

Yeah, pretty close but the baron is still a hair better. For the same price it's baron all the way. If Titan is cheaper though, I'd probably buy that.

#195 6 years ago

Personally...not EVERY game I own requires spherical mirrors, so....

I did like the ohh shiny balls, and enjoyed ordering some as an add on whenever I placed an order.

I honestly gotta agree with oldpinguy...in that they are NEARLY identical looking.

Personally. I would rather just order from a pinball guy if for no other reason than cto support their interest in the hobby.

I mean. We arent talking hundreds of dollars differenc in something.........we are going on and on over a critical item that only costs a few dollars per machine. If one is a bearing company for 1 dollar and one is a small business pinball guy for 1.50; well, I'll buy the pinball guy's and see what else he has at same time.

I get it of one is super dull and grey, but we are talkinh minimal difference....and one will most likely be there supporting pinball tomorrow.

#196 6 years ago

I've owned both Ball Baron and Titan. Baron's are shinier....in fact the shiniest pinball I have ever seen. But not by enough that it's a big deal. I bought Titan's before these and they were reasonably priced. I searched far and wide for the ultimate pinball, found it, but they are all gone now. Titan's will be fine.

I received Ball Baron's "economy ball" from him today with my shipment and while it's no Titan or G10, it's definitely better quality than any regular ball sold by the usual suspects. Hopefully a few folks on here can chime in when they get theirs. He said if this is acceptable quality he will be quite aggressive on price.

On the other hand I picked up one of these big boys from Ball Baron. Of no use in a machine but figured it might be fun to have. It has a shine arguably as good as the sold out G10 balls he sold, but it's 2.5" in diameter and weighs like 3 lbs. It's a beast of a ball. Cool novelty. It's on his site here: https://ballbaron.com/products/giant-pinball-2-12-inch-chrome-novelty-ball-no-tax-or-added-shipping-charge

20819330_505835403082471_8713785943205847480_o (resized).jpg20819330_505835403082471_8713785943205847480_o (resized).jpg

#197 6 years ago

Long thread, is there is a consensus on which are the best ones to buy that are actually kept in stock?

#198 6 years ago

That is a BIIIIIGGGG ball

IMG_0240 (resized).JPGIMG_0240 (resized).JPG

#199 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Does anyone have any photos of these http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=849
    How long do all these super shiny balls keep their shine?

Can anyone help me out with my earlier question, thanks.

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

I've owned both Ball Baron and Titan. Baron's are shinier....in fact the shiniest pinball I have ever seen. But not by enough that it's a big deal. I bought Titan's before these and they were reasonably priced. I searched far and wide for the ultimate pinball, found it, but they are all gone now. Titan's will be fine.
    I received Ball Baron's "economy ball" from him today with my shipment and while it's no Titan or G10, it's definitely better quality than any regular ball sold by the usual suspects. Hopefully a few folks on here can chime in when they get theirs. He said if this is acceptable quality he will be quite aggressive on price.
    On the other hand I picked up one of these big boys from Ball Baron. Of no use in a machine but figured it might be fun to have. It has a shine arguably as good as the sold out G10 balls he sold, but it's 2.5" in diameter and weighs like 3 lbs. It's a beast of a ball. Cool novelty. It's on his site here: https://ballbaron.com/products/giant-pinball-2-12-inch-chrome-novelty-ball-no-tax-or-added-shipping-charge

To bad Hercules flipper and bumper strength is so weak otherwise those would be perfect for that game (instead of the queue ball).

There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-you-buying-balls-from/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.