Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 618 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chooch
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E6C1A7C7-2F76-4B9D-9C39-EABCF31D85B4.jpeg
    jesus.gif
    A49A3096-3081-44FE-B298-F91964B1D8D7 (resized).jpeg
    3ac58185940444059456c09ed2c10ba7 (resized).jpg
    7B7523F3-0BAF-436C-9FCA-2913B695241C (resized).jpeg
    3BC79479-5199-4E58-832E-50FA2EB90D92 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0010 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0699 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0698 (resized).JPG
    E7D846CA-9ECF-4178-B397-2EFD31499B46 (resized).png
    IMG_0039 (resized).JPG
    Carbon vs Chrome (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon 2 (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170911_142022782 (resized).jpg
    20170911_180400 (resized).jpg
    There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

To be totally honest with you, I use chrome balls in all of my machines and the only time I've ever seen retained magnetism is when a magnet happens to catch and hold two balls during multiball. After the magnet turns off they 'stick' there and you just gotta bump the machine and they come down. Other than, never noticed any issues with chrome balls in magnet heavy games like Metallica, TAF, etc. Try em out first and see what happens.

From experience...put silverjets in my WOZ, and it went ape s**t!!! Put in carbon...life good....probably depends on the game....won't venture in TZ, but may give them a whirl in some of the others...

#102 6 years ago

Hey all - spoke to Dave and quick update on Ball Baron balls....

He only has 1,000 of these super ultra shiny balls left. They were purchased several years ago from Hoover Precision in a closeout-deal (someone earlier in the thread said they were from BC. He told me BC is a competitor not a source). Hoover now wants $7.00/ea for the same ball so he is pretty sure they will not be sourced from there going forward. He now wishes he bought more when they were offered - he didn't take the whole lot. Oh well.

The eBay listing has had the pricing changed - they come in a little higher now. Only 3 sets left on there. Don't buy them on there, those last 3 sets are just for any random person looking for that size bearing.

He now has them on his website at the same eBay price as before: https://ballbaron.com/products/pinball-chrome-1-116-g-10-superior-mirror-finish-top-quality

#103 6 years ago

Just followed the link and ordered 2 sets. Thanks for the heads up. BTW free shipping too!

#104 6 years ago

Followed the link and ordered a set. Plan to put them in my new Star Wars Pro and my EM's. All my other games have magnets. Thanks for the heads up!

#105 6 years ago

Waiting for the Baron's carbon steel...I just bought some crap ones I won't be installing from PL. dammit.

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Waiting for the Baron's carbon steel...I just bought some crap ones I won't be installing from PL. dammit.

I agree the last batch of PL super shiney's were not very good :-/ I ordered some Baron's, will use em in my non-magnetic games.

#107 6 years ago

Ordered 2 sets.

homer (resized).jpghomer (resized).jpg

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I caved and bought those steel carbon balls from ebay that someone posted about. The price was good. I'll report back when I get them.

I bought some from ebay a while back and they were not good. I hope you have better luck.

#109 6 years ago

David (the Ball Baron) asked me to post this.....

"Hello to all of you who follow this thread. I'm David - Ballbaron.com and I wanted to say thank you for the OVERWHELMING response to my top tier G-10 ball offering. I'm taking time out from packing your orders just to write this. First, I'm sorry to say my stock of the G-10 was finite and will soon be gone (had 1,000 or so yesterday, now down to 400). I bought these several years ago, on spec, just because they were so pretty and the price was ridiculously low. This is not the case now. I didn't even consider them as pinballs back then. Since that time, I've begun to get quite a few orders for my 2nd tier ball which I offer at a very competitive price. Once these top tier balls are gone I hope you give me a chance to show you what the surface quality of my economy ball looks like. For you U.S. buyers, the ballbaron.com site is perfect and you help me avoid the ebay fees when you buy there. For those outside the USA (Steve in Australia - G'day Mate!), use the eBay listing because ebay's Global Shipping Program takes all the hassle out of customs and shipping charge variations - you will see the additional costs as you check out.

I am in talks with a manufacturer right now to develop a high polish Carbon ball to address the magnetism issues some see with chrome balls and will do what I can to solve this problem and offer an avenue for purchase. Greg (mrgregb123) will be my liason here and will be the first to know of any breakthroughs or special offers so he can post them here. Again, thanks to you all for making this a banner week in sales and even though I'm not a one stop shopping emporium for all things pinball, I hope you'll continue to take advantage of my stock and price point.

Kindest Regards,

David"

#110 6 years ago

I just ordered 2 sets based on these reviews on this thread. Thanks guys!

#111 6 years ago

In for 2 sets as well.

#112 6 years ago

Just went to order 2 sets and they are now "Out of Stock."

Had them in my basket and was entering billing info too...

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from smacks:

Just went to order 2 sets and they are now "Out of Stock."

No worries. I called him and he said he set the inventory on the website a bit lower than what he actually has to account for any phone or eBay orders. They should be back "in stock" now but there truly aren't many left.

He wanted me to add "These balls were actually made in Japan by Subakimoto. That company bought Hoover, here in GA back in the 90s."

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from ita47:

Plan to put them in my new Star Wars Pro

Your new machine will be coming with new balls!! Not really necessary to replace in a new machine. LOL

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Your new machine will be coming with new balls!! Not really necessary to replace in a new machine. LOL

I always throw Stern balls away.
    Picked up 100 of these Ultra Shiney's this morning!

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

No worries. I called him and he said he set the inventory on the website a bit lower than what he actually has to account for any phone or eBay orders. They should be back "in stock" now but there truly aren't many left.
    He wanted me to add "These balls were actually made in Japan by Subakimoto. That company bought Hoover, here in GA back in the 90s."

Thanks, just put the order in.

#117 6 years ago

just went to order some and the website dropped the price to 10.50 for 10 balls as the last minuet, but then started charging shipping. Not sure whats up with that, i dropped him an email.

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

just went to order some and the website dropped the price to 10.50 for 10 balls as the last minuet, but then started charging shipping. Not sure whats up with that, i dropped him an email.

I'm on the phone with him as I type this and the website is messed up. He says that he is going to get it fixed and to currently ignore the Website. He wants me to apologize for the inconvenience. He hopes to have it fixed by tonight.

#119 6 years ago

So should i order and he will refund the difference? or just wait?

#120 6 years ago

He said to wait till it is fixed. He suspects he will be sold out shortly but he did state that nobody will be able to order them on the website since he is going to disable it until it is fixed. I just called him and he sent me a PayPal request for my order with correct pricing, his contact phone is on the website.

#122 6 years ago

"Hey Greg, I ran into a huge problem with Godaddy and have spent the last hour getting nowhere. I had to delist the pinballs until I can solve the inventory update and shipping fees, which mess each other up somehow. I'm a one man shop and I have to leave the house to take care of other business but for all of the folks out there looking and wanting - I will get the problem solved today in one fashion or another, do a new inventory count and post up what is left. My apologies to those who have been inconvenienced and I will try to serve as many of you while the rapidly dwindling supplies last. They aren't listed anywhere right now and I will post a notice here when I'm ready to list them again."

#123 6 years ago

Balls are back online for sale. He said about 140 left to sell.

#124 6 years ago

Should be only 120 now.

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

Should be only 120 now.

and now should be down to about 70 left. Ill buy 50 of his carbon ones too whenever those come out.

#126 6 years ago

These will work in games with magnets?

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

These will work in games with magnets?

This is just my anecdote - but I use chrome (these type) balls in all my games...

TAF - No evidence of magnetism. Likely because the only magnet that touches the ball is Thing and it's only for a moment and not very often.

Metallica - Only sign of magnetism is if Sparky or Grave area happens to freeze two balls at once during multiball - when magnet turns off game sometimes needs a small tap to unstick the balls from the magnet. No big deal.

Dr. Dude - No evidence of magnetism even though magnetic personality does have exposed magnet that touches ball pretty frequently.

Dialed In - Only 80 games in but no sign of magnetism despite extremely heavy use of magnets in this game. Could be because all the magnets are (idiotically) mylared over so the ball never actually touches them.

Your mileage may vary.

#128 6 years ago

Did the price for 10 increase since yesterday?

#129 6 years ago

Just ordered 2 sets of 10. Greg, tell Baron thanks from me!

#130 6 years ago

I got some of these and they looked good. Don't think my eyes are good enough to decipher a difference between one G10 spec ball and another but I'm more than happy to take a picture of them. they are much better than the standard balls I just got for pinball life so I'm trashing those.

ebay.com link: 10 Pinball Replacment Balls Chrome Steel 1 1 16 27 mm Precision MooreSales

#131 6 years ago

They sell carbon ones as well. Only G25 grade though. Looks more like the standard ball.

ebay.com link: 10 Pinball Replacment Balls Carbon Steel 1 1 16 27 mm Precision MooreSales

#132 6 years ago

I am obsessed with balls

#133 6 years ago

And sold out. I got some to try in my Baywatch

#134 6 years ago

Ya know you shiny lunatics probably have that seller sitting over there creaming himself right now. Wouldn't doubt he's been sitting on these forever and hit the jackpot with you fanatics lol

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sethman:

Ya know you shiny lunatics probably have that seller sitting over there creaming himself right now. Wouldn't doubt he's been sitting on these forever and hit the jackpot with you fanatics lol

LoL, yeah I can just imagine his face when all of a sudden the thousands he'd been sitting on all of a sudden moved in days. I picked up 120 of them because I am insane.

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I bought some from ebay a while back and they were not good. I hope you have better luck.

Mine were fine. Not super shiny, but no flaws.

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sethman:

PBL spoiled me with their ohhhh shiny balls and i cant go back to anything else now haha.

#138 6 years ago

After everyone gobbled up all the remaining G-10's from the Ball Baron today, I reached out to him to see if he had any left in his inventory that he'd just not posted yet. As luck would have it, after he finished filling all the orders, he got back to me that he had about 100 balls left to sell and gave me first crack at a 10 pack for reaching out to him. David seems like an awesome guy.

He asked me to relay this to the forum:

"To be fair, what I'm going to do is put up one set at a time so no-one can take them all. That way more people can at least get a few. I think I can do this about 10 times."

First additional set (after mine) is up now.

#139 6 years ago

Bought 10 also. Was going to buy 20 but needed to make sure they would work with magnets (Gorgar, TWD, ToM) and I was too slow

#140 6 years ago

If your going to use Chrome steel balls in games with magnets you will eventually have issues with magnetized balls. Just use carbon steel balls in games with magnets.

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

If your going to use Chrome steel balls in games with magnets you will eventually have issues with magnetized balls. Just use carbon steel balls in games with magnets.

I had some pretty bad issues with carbon steel balls in ToM. The pinbits trough protector helped that out a lot, but they occasionally stick in the "spirit ring" and the trunk scoop. A little jangle usually sets them loose. Plus, they are already shipped so it's too late now

#143 6 years ago

i'm kind of dissapointed with pinball lifes standards balls, as i had ordered a large batch a couple months back and they aren't shiny at all, but are cloudy. I switched from Marco's because of costs, and previous pinball life balls were good. Did they have a bad batch or something? I will probably go back to ordering Marco's.

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'm kind of dissapointed with pinball lifes standards balls, as i had ordered a large batch a couple months back and they aren't shiny at all, but are cloudy. I switched from Marco's because of costs, and previous pinball life balls were good. Did they have a bad batch or something? I will probably go back to ordering Marco's.

PBL has two types of balls. Regular (the ones you are describing) and another which are more expensive call ohhhh soooo shiny balls. Those were the ones that were mirror finished and more expensive. They have been out of stock on those balls for a while, and last i talked to terry he said he wasnt sure if they would ever get them back in due to the past coupe of batchs he recieved (which he didnt sell any of) has such bad QC issues. He has had regular balls in stock and been selling those which is what im guessing you bought.

#145 6 years ago

Hate to say it because I love PBL, but after waiting many months for the last batch of oooh_shiny balls to come back in stock, I ordered a couple dozen earlier this year and was very disappointed. They looked like used balls, even just to the naked eye. Nowhere near mirror finish, nothing like they used to be.

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Hate to say it because I love PBL, but after waiting many months for the last batch of oooh_shiny balls to come back in stock, I ordered a couple dozen earlier this year and was very disappointed. They looked like used balls, even just to the naked eye. Nowhere near mirror finish, nothing like they used to be.

Agreed, I placed my first order ever with them(2 weeks ago) and ordered 20 balls in addition to the other items I was buying because I'd heard good things about both types they've had. I'm hesitant to even put them in a game because they do look like used balls(not that they are).

#147 6 years ago

Got my Baron Balls today ...and they're individually wrapped for my protection!

IMG_2355.JPGIMG_2355.JPG

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Got my Baron Balls today ...and they're individually wrapped for my protection!

Can you please link to the product page on ball baron website? There are so many products there i got confused.

Thanks!

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from asoka05:

Can you please link to the product page on ball baron website? There are so many products there i got confused.
    Thanks!

I believe they are sold out of the super shiny chrome ones.

https://ballbaron.com/t/gaming-balls

#150 6 years ago

I can't stop staring at my balls

There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-you-buying-balls-from/page/3?hl=smacks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.