4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 612 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by mrgregb123
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E6C1A7C7-2F76-4B9D-9C39-EABCF31D85B4.jpeg
    jesus.gif
    A49A3096-3081-44FE-B298-F91964B1D8D7 (resized).jpeg
    3ac58185940444059456c09ed2c10ba7 (resized).jpg
    7B7523F3-0BAF-436C-9FCA-2913B695241C (resized).jpeg
    3BC79479-5199-4E58-832E-50FA2EB90D92 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0010 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0699 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0698 (resized).JPG
    E7D846CA-9ECF-4178-B397-2EFD31499B46 (resized).png
    IMG_0039 (resized).JPG
    Carbon vs Chrome (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon 2 (resized).jpg
    Polished vs Unpolished Carbon (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170911_142022782 (resized).jpg
    20170911_180400 (resized).jpg

There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
    #601 6 months ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

The Polaris balls are carbon, but from a different supplier than his previous ones. He feels these are better. But the Ninja is where it's at.

Interesting. Do you know better in what way? I felt the prior ones would still magnetize quickly in my DI which has really intense magnet play. It would be interesting to know whether this particular type was even more resistant to magnetism.

#602 6 months ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Interesting. Do you know better in what way?

Shinier. I can't comment on their magnetism. I use Ninjas - even in the magnet games. LOL

1 week later
    #603 6 months ago

I've had problems with the carbon steels in magnetized games as well, going to give the Polaris a shot. Love the hell out of the ninjas, best pinball out there for my money just hoping I can give him more of my money for games with magnets!

4 months later
    #604 44 days ago

Can anyone comment on the Polaris balls they've recieved from Ball Baron? I just bought 50 and they are quite dull compared to his old carbon steel. They seem smooth and like they would work, but I do the like the shiny surface. The be clear, the old carbon steel balls were not as shiny as the Ninjas, but the shine of the Polaris balls (at least from the batch the recieved) are nowhere close to the shine of his old carbon steel balls.

#605 44 days ago

Last batch of Ninjas I bought had a bunch of balls that were eccentric...
    eggcentric, really. I was having to open up my machines and remove at least one out of three balls and replacing them.

Got tired of that and bught replacements last month from Pinball Life. I haven't had any issues with any of them at all.
    Not nearly as shiny.
    But round, which I prefer in a pinball.

#606 44 days ago

Was considering BC Precision pinballs from ebay. They look nice from the pics, but so did the Polaris balls. At least with Ball Baron, I can have some measure of customer service. With Ebay?

Quoted from guitarded:

eggcentric, really. I was having to open up my machines and remove at least one out of three balls and replacing them.
    Got tired of that and bught replacements last month from Pinball Life. I haven't had any issues with any of them at all.
    Not nearly as shiny.

Were they obviously out-of-round?

#607 44 days ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Were they obviously out-of-round?

Not when they were sitting in a bag with other balls, but watching them (bad balls) roll on the playfield or through the lanes was like watching a rock tumble downstream.

Was having problems with mahines that were fine before wipedown and ball change. Shots going in crazy directions, airballs and broken plastics...it was bizarre at first.

Ordered and swapped in the new PL balls and everything went back to normal. Wish they were as bright and shiny as those Ninjas, but I would much rather have the machines play well.

#608 44 days ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Not nearly as shiny.

Why is this the first I'm hearing about this? You never contacted me about the problem. Please let me know the order number and date of purchase and return those "Egocentric" balls fo a full refund.

#609 43 days ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

Why is this the first I'm hearing about this? You never contacted me about the problem.

No, I don't believe I did.

I ordered balls, cleaned and installed them. Immediately had issues with random flyers and non repeatable shots with specific balls in multiple ball machines. Culled a bunch as I found them and finally ordered replacements with my next parts order.

I wasn't bitching about your service. Just noting my experience with some of the Ninja balls in the batch I ordered.

#610 43 days ago

I’m glad I just read this. I have same problem with my Metallica pro. The ninja balls get weird. I’ve had a pair of them stick together coming down the play field after hitting sparky. I have them in my AC/DC Luci and Iron Maiden premium with no issues.
    They are pretty balls but definitely have some kind of magnetic issues.

#611 43 days ago
    Quoted from Diamond:

I’m glad I just read this. I have same problem with my Metallica pro. The ninja balls get weird. I’ve had a pair of them stick together coming down the play field after hitting sparky. I have them in my AC/DC Luci and Iron Maiden premium with no issues.
    They are pretty balls but definitely have some kind of magnetic issues.

There's a disclaimer that Ninja balls have the potential to become magnetized. Ymmv. For that reason, I only put carbon steel balls in my games with magnets.

As far as the Polaris balls go, ballbaron has proven to provide awesome customer service. Reach out to him if you have problems and he'll do his best to resolve them. He is extremely easy to work with and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

1 week later
    #612 34 days ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Can anyone comment on the Polaris balls they've recieved from Ball Baron? I just bought 50 and they are quite dull compared to his old carbon steel. They seem smooth and like they would work, but I do the like the shiny surface. The be clear, the old carbon steel balls were not as shiny as the Ninjas, but the shine of the Polaris balls (at least from the batch the recieved) are nowhere close to the shine of his old carbon steel balls.

I just threw some in my LOTR and I will say they are much duller than the Ninjas. I can't remember what carbon balls from other vendors are like because it's been so long (I try to stick with Ninjas but LOTR cannot use chrome balls) but these are not shiny.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 269.99
    $ 159.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 159.00
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 14.95
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 30.00
    $ 109.00
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside