View topic image gallery

Rush Medium (resized).jpeg
8E6A238C-430C-466D-92B9-5858FA1D9D1A (resized).jpeg
B461D51F-5B29-4FBC-B9D1-A2674FAF37B7 (resized).jpeg
191AF40E-ABCE-49CE-97D6-7BFD43372093 (resized).jpeg
8C4A28C4-B698-48F1-8EC5-B628A25950D4 (resized).jpeg
20221107_083024(0) (resized).jpg
20221107_083026 (resized).jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

It was a penny pinching thing to do at launch of this game, but its been 6-months and still no expression lights accessory offered from Stern. I refuse to take my Premium out of the box until I have all the parts that were intended to be in the game. If anyone knows the answer to what is really going on? Hard to believe they had enough for the LE’s but nothing for the rest of the core people that buy the Premium’s and Pro’s. Kinda feels like a bait and switch!!!!

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

It was a penny pinching thing to do at launch of this game, but its been 6-months and still no expression lights accessory offered from Stern. I refuse to take my Premium out of the box until I have all the parts that were intended to be in the game. If anyone knows the answer to what is really going on? Hard to believe they had enough for the LE’s but nothing for the rest of the core people that buy the Premium’s and Pro’s. Kinda feels like a bait and switch!!!!

Wait and see what the outcome of the Led Zep kit swap is ??

#3 1 year ago

Shame there has been no word on these for the current RUSH owners. This was one of the main reasons why I went for a LE immediately. So sick of the supply chain shit show, that I just paid the extra bucks as I didn't want to own it without the expression lighting and I knew it would be at least 6-8 months before they 'may' become sparsely available. Just like on LZ, they add a great vibe to the game.

#4 1 year ago

(EDIT: Weird, I was responding to a different post?)

I also am shocked that Expressions Lighting has taken a long time to be available.

I'm also surprised at the shortage of Shaker Motors.

However, I waited almost a year for a light kit 2.0 for my Jersey Jack's Wizard of Oz, so this problem (supply chain disruptions causing long delays in parts availability) isn't just a Stern problem.

#5 1 year ago

I would still definitely play it without it. Then you'll be surprised when you do install it and appreciate it even more.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

(EDIT: Weird, I was responding to a different post?)
I also am shocked that Expressions Lighting has taken a long time to be available.
I'm also surprised at the shortage of Shaker Motors.
However, I waited almost a year for a light kit 2.0 for my Jersey Jack's Wizard of Oz, so this problem (supply chain disruptions causing long delays in parts availability) isn't just a Stern problem.

I just ordered two shakers a month ago

3 weeks later
#7 1 year ago

Well, took it out of the box this weekend, phenomenal pinball machine, it just really blows still no answers from Stern, there is a moment in the game everything goes a beautiful Blue color, i can only imagine how incredible it’s going to be. Excellent game tho!!!

1 month later
#8 1 year ago

Its November 2022 and still
crickets from Stern

2 weeks later
#9 1 year ago

It’s almost December 2022 -Still no Expression Lights!!!!!

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

It’s almost December 2022 -Still no Expression Lights!!!!!

If you expect nothing from Stern, you will be less disappointed.
Not including the impression lights on the Rush Premium, after they WERE included in the LZ Premium, was so Stern-like it's sickening.
They are the poster child for everything that is wrong with American business.

I love Rush - great game: No longer interested in the impression lights.
Too expensive - too tired of Stern's crap.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

If you expect nothing from Stern, you will be less disappointed.
Not including the impression lights on the Rush Premium, after they WERE included in the LZ Premium, was so Stern-like it's sickening.
They are the poster child for everything that is wrong with American business.

I agree 100%. Mirror blades will be in my machine!

#12 1 year ago

Still waiting on any accessory to put in my pro. The lighting though would look killer.

#13 1 year ago

Ridiculous that Stern can’t crank out accessories

#14 1 year ago

MJK-911 thanks for starting this thread. Add me to the list of RUSH owners who pine for expression lighting. I have them on my LZ LE and they really make the game great!

#15 1 year ago

Maybe by the time Stern fixes my Node-10 not found issue, expression lights may arrive!! 30-plays and Node 10 goes out, Stern is having me send 100 pics and thinks wires are smashed. Sucks when a new game doesn’t work, especially after spending $10,000

#16 1 year ago

Who makes some decent inner side art for RUSH?

#17 1 year ago

The fact that Stern installed these kits in the LE’s yet a year later cannot provide them as kits to premiums owners is a slap in the face and a clear indication of mismanagement at the top.

#18 1 year ago

It’s yet another slap in the face!!!

Is there any group of people on the planet who are being face-slapped more than Stern loyalists?

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s yet another slap in the face!!!
Is there any group of people on the planet who are being face-slapped more than Stern loyalists?

Nope! We have the most slaps! 100’s

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Quoted from Slogan1111:

I agree 100%. Mirror blades will be in my machine!

It sucks that it’s taking so long, but you should still get them. As an LE owner, I would definitely not want to play the game without them. The light choreography to each song is just so killer.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It sucks that it’s taking so long, but you should still get them. As an LE owner, I would definitely not want to play the game without them. The light choreography to each song is just so killer.

Add the ninja lights , you'll be blown away, if you haven't already

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Add the ninja lights , you'll be blown away, if you haven't already

What’s that? Link?

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What’s that? Link?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07090-expressive-speaker-lights-kit

The speaker expression lights piggyback off of the board running expression lights. It’s a nice little add on.

#25 1 year ago

Wow, very cool. Ninjacamp rules!

#26 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07090-expressive-speaker-lights-kit
The speaker expression lights piggyback off of the board running expression lights. It’s a nice little add on.

Just added the Ninja Camp expression speaker lights to my LE. Very nice indeed!

#27 1 year ago

Couldn't wait for the Rush expression kit - got an LZ kit and installed it.

Also ditched the LZ artwork and turned them into a smooth flowing light rail. Looks really good in the game. Compared to the artwork that creates little portholes for the lights to peak through.

Next step is to paint the insides of the cabinet with Musou 99.4% black - The lights rails will look like they are floating in the night sky.

20221107_083024(0) (resized).jpg20221107_083024(0) (resized).jpg20221107_083026 (resized).jpg20221107_083026 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#29 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Couldn't wait for the Rush expression kit - got an LZ kit and installed it.
Also ditched the LZ artwork and turned them into a smooth flowing light rail. Looks really good in the game. Compared to the artwork that creates little portholes for the lights to peak through.
Next step is to paint the insides of the cabinet with Musou 99.4% black - The lights rails will look like they are floating in the night sky.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thinking the same. Anyone use the LZ kit and add some Rush art blades (ok, not Stern) or anything else? The black surround does look good. I did install the Ninjacamp speaker kit on my LZ- a great addition. Plan the same for Rush.

Thanks!

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Thinking the same. Anyone use the LZ kit and add some Rush art blades (ok, not Stern) or anything else? The black surround does look good. I did install the Ninjacamp speaker kit on my LZ- a great addition. Plan the same for Rush.
Thanks!

Now the Zepp expression kits are sold out :/

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Now the Zepp expression kits are sold out :/

So I will do everyone a favor. I have been holding onto an extra Led Zeppelin expression light kit for several months. I do have a Led Zeppelin game with the lights and they are awesome. Also have the ninja camp speaker light kit which is fabulous. So after waiting like everyone else, I am going to install my Led Zeppelin Kit (and speaker light kit) into my Rush game. Then Stern will release the Rush kit! You’re welcome.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

So I will do everyone a favor. I have been holding onto an extra Led Zeppelin expression light kit for several months. I do have a Led Zeppelin game with the lights and they are awesome. Also have the ninja camp speaker light kit which is fabulous. So after waiting like everyone else, I am going to install my Led Zeppelin Kit (and speaker light kit) into my Rush game. Then Stern will release the Rush kit! You’re welcome.

Sure hope you are right Dave. My Rush Premium would look so much better with them... maybe I need these to eventually make it to Cygnus X-1 and beyond.

2 weeks later
#33 1 year ago

I finally had some time for the install:

LZ expression light kit- did not install art blades. Install was pretty easy, but did have to take out the playfield- two person job.

Ninjacamp expression speaker light kit- Had already installed 5.25” speaker plates (speakerlightkits.com). Install was a little tricky- had use extra set of nuts and bolts for speaker installation that were not included.

ESL sign from Ninjacamp- install not too bad- works great.

Attached video- not the best quality but shows the ESL sign and expression lights.

#34 1 year ago

Man that looks so great! Thank you for sharing

#35 1 year ago

I played a Rush LE last night. I was not at all a fan of the Expression Lights. They're not diffused enough for my taste, too much exposed LEDs that were headache inducing in a dark game room. I instantly didn't care for it at all when I stepped up to the game.

Your mileage may vary (as will the darkness of the room you play in), if they don't bother you that's great, just if you haven't actually seen them in person I'd recommend making sure you like the look as much as you like the idea. I would not want them on a game I played regularly personally.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I played a Rush LE last night. I was not at all a fan of the Expression Lights. They're not diffused enough for my taste, too much exposed LEDs that were headache inducing in a dark game room. I instantly didn't care for it at all when I stepped up to the game.
Your mileage may vary (as will the darkness of the room you play in), if they don't bother you that's great, just if you haven't actually seen them in person I'd recommend making sure you like the look as much as you like the idea. I would not want them on a game I played regularly personally.

I feel they add enjoyment to the game but do not play in a completely dark room. Having owned both JJP GNR and Sterns with this lighting I’d say Stern has done a better job placing theirs to complement the game and a players sight lines vs lower on the playfield shining up at the player.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

I feel they add enjoyment to the game but do not play in a completely dark room. Having owned both JJP GNR and Sterns with this lighting I’d say Stern has done a better job placing theirs to complement the game and players sight lines vs lower on the playfield shining up at the player.

This photo makes the room look darker than it was because of how the sensor is exposed, but definitely on the dark side.

8C4A28C4-B698-48F1-8EC5-B628A25950D4 (resized).jpeg8C4A28C4-B698-48F1-8EC5-B628A25950D4 (resized).jpeg

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Your and my respective mileage definitely varies with this Aurich as I LOVE the added visual effect that the Expression Lights provide on my Rush. And even more so now that I've added NinjaCamp's excellent complementary speaker lights mod!

I've owned a JJP GnR LE as well and I was surprised at how much I like Stern's product comparatively.

I don't play my games in total darkness either though - my gameroom is typically lit by my other pinball games and misc neon signs when I play.

#39 1 year ago

Sure it can be bright in total darkness... So is my seizure inducing Stranger Things.... But I still put a couple drinks down and play them til 2 in the morning.

I can see if you were highly light sensitive it could be an issue. In which case they maybe too much to want to add.

#40 1 year ago

I think it's definitely a personal thing, and worse if you play in a real dark gameroom. And it may not bother you at all!

I'd just recommend test driving it if possible before you order, because I found the LEDs just a little too 'naked' behind the lenses. Or maybe there's a setting to turn them down some, I was on location, so no clue.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it's definitely a personal thing, and worse if you play in a real dark gameroom. And it may not bother you at all!
I'd just recommend test driving it if possible before you order, because I found the LEDs just a little too 'naked' behind the lenses. Or maybe there's a setting to turn them down some, I was on location, so no clue.

Another option - There are a bunch of glass frosting hobby type items available. This could be a way for someone to frost/difuse out the lights more.

Good question if there is a brightness setting somewhere.

2 weeks later
#42 1 year ago

Couldn’t wait so just installed mirror blades. Added so much IMO

191AF40E-ABCE-49CE-97D6-7BFD43372093 (resized).jpeg191AF40E-ABCE-49CE-97D6-7BFD43372093 (resized).jpegB461D51F-5B29-4FBC-B9D1-A2674FAF37B7 (resized).jpegB461D51F-5B29-4FBC-B9D1-A2674FAF37B7 (resized).jpeg
#43 1 year ago

I have wavered back and forth on selling my Rush and being done with Stern, but I love Rush too much. I think I’m gonna bite the bullet on the LZ lights (facepalm)

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I have wavered back and forth on selling my Rush and being done with Stern, but I love Rush too much. I think I’m gonna bite the bullet on the LZ lights (facepalm)

Who has them for sale?

#45 1 year ago

I found the Expression Lights!!! Actually looks like it belongs!! WoW does it finally complete the game!! Sad we were all Lied to!! This is a Led Zeppelin kit-FYI

8E6A238C-430C-466D-92B9-5858FA1D9D1A (resized).jpeg8E6A238C-430C-466D-92B9-5858FA1D9D1A (resized).jpeg
#46 1 year ago

That looks like Led Zeppelin art and symbols mixed with a rush playfield. I guess if you squint…..

#47 1 year ago

Were the expression lights reserved solely for music pins? Curious if the James Bond cabinet is prepped for the lighting or not.

#48 1 year ago

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Who has them for sale?

Absolutely nobody. Guess I’m listing her. $8000. About a hundred balls played on original code. Scoops modded, Signals and Presto flashers and a Red Barchetta.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

I found the Expression Lights!!! Actually looks like it belongs!! WoW does it finally complete the game!! Sad we were all Lied to!! This is a Led Zeppelin kit-FYI
[quoted image]

Where?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods

$ 135.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Camano Island, WA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.