Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jayhawkai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

funny-kitten-high-five.jpg
    Avengers.jpg

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 11 years ago

LEDs overheat boards?

#153 11 years ago

I think he meant that incandescent can overheat connectors at the board?

#154 11 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

If it's more expensive I'll just opt to take an older machine unless the price is really worth the value. For me adding LEDs and increasing the price is complete hogwash as bulbs are more expensive to make, they overheat boards and they don't last.

Incandescent bulbs are not more expensive than LED's.

#155 11 years ago
    Quoted from Napabar:

They are indeed FAR less expensive....

#156 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crrispy:

They are indeed FAR less expensive....

Yup. About a 1/4 of the price of a standard LED on average.

#157 11 years ago

Stern just posted on Facebook! "Today's the Day!"

#158 11 years ago

Just talked to Trent. The only hold up is the approval of pics by Marvel. If that approval comes today, we get everything today.

#159 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Just talked to Trent. The only hold up is the approval of pics by Marvel. If that approval comes today, we get everything today.

Did he mention if a premium is confirmed or not? I haven't heard back from him or JJ on that. I definitely can't get in on a LE because of funds, but would love to see/play a premium and decide later.

EDIT: Oh, I also would assume they got approval since they posted "today is the day". Hopefully they wouldn't do that without being able to deliver today.

#160 11 years ago

I have heard that a Premium is expected, from someone that would know. Stern is being very serious about the release of information, however. So I cannot say who.

#161 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

If there is indeed a price increase and no lcd it will be to cover the cost of "The Pin"

If there is indeed a price increase AND an lcd it will be to cover the cost of "The Pin"

#162 11 years ago

It is DMD though i was just saying a big "IF"

#163 11 years ago

Today at 5:00 is what I'm hearing

#164 11 years ago

The market will work itself out...people keep paying the higher and higher prices so why would Stern or JJP or anyone else lower them?? It's supply and demand people! Stop buying these damn games at ridiculous prices. And also stop expecting to make money when you sell your NIB game! It shouldn't happen this way (I know the artificially rare LEs are doing this, but still...people are expecting this with PROs as well)!

#165 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Today at 5:00 is what I'm hearing

This screams unprepared and rushed if it's true.

#166 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This screams unprepared and rushed if it's true.

Agreed.

5:00 makes no sense. You want to get the news out early enough so people can disseminate it. Most people are headed home from work, or getting ready for dinner at 5:00.

#167 11 years ago

5:00 feels like an earnings release

#168 11 years ago

Maybe it's 5:00 Eastern European time. That's about 1:00 EST?

#169 11 years ago

Lets hope they don't pull a JJP Delay!!!

#170 11 years ago

It's gotta be a Disney art thing for sure. . . . . waiting on approvals! Come on STERN we want to see this machine. I just hope this game truly has some unique features and wow's us! LCD would be incredible, but not holding my breath for that. Anyone else want more then two flippers on this game? Hope its a 3-4 flipper game.

#171 11 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

Anyone else want more then two flippers on this game? Hope its a 3-4 flipper game.

Yes 3 flippers would be good.

#172 11 years ago

Like the song says , "Its 5:00 somewhere"

#173 11 years ago

Looks like one translite is targeted towards men and one towards women (or gay men). Check it out: Avengers.jpgAvengers.jpg

#174 11 years ago

lol you forgot to ad "Not that there is anything wrong with that" Line

#175 11 years ago

I think we Europeans are not yet sleeping )

#176 11 years ago

Its five o'clock somewhere!

#177 11 years ago

I bet I know the holdup. Everytime you lose a ball, Disney wants to force it to empty through a gift shop

#178 11 years ago

I bet they are waiting on the QR Codes.

#179 11 years ago

Moar waiting!

funny-kitten-high-five.jpgfunny-kitten-high-five.jpg

#180 11 years ago
    Quoted from Napabar:

Sorry should have mentioned I was factoring in the amount of times you would have to replace regular bulbs, plus board maintenance, plus labour time. In turns out LEDS are less expensive. Plus at the qty. Stern is ordering i doubt they pay more than $20 per pin (for LEDS). Obvisoulsy Stern wouldn't care less about those factors after they sell the pin but it would help their distributors and route maintenance folks in the long run. Plus be Green!

#181 11 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Sorry should have mentioned I was factoring in the amount of times you would have to replace regular bulbs, plus board maintenance, plus labour time. In turns out LEDS are less expensive. Plus at the qty. Stern is ordering i doubt they pay more than $20 per pin (for LEDS). Obvisoulsy Stern wouldn't care less about those factors after they sell the pin but it would help their distributors and route maintenance folks in the long run. Plus be Green!

Right but some people don't like leds in pinballs (I do, but only the best ones). Plus the fact that if even the pro goes the way of the last LE's with PCB mounted leds, err... I don't like this, I want to be able to choose my lighting.. And most operators will NEVER replace those leds when they die, and they will, also.
    OK, most of them don't even replace bulbs

#182 11 years ago

jesus, even my post of a cartoon drawing above was too racy for apimomfan2, the prissy, prude, pinside party pooper.

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-the-avengers-pinball-pics/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.