Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jayhawkai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

funny-kitten-high-five.jpg
    Avengers.jpg

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 11 years ago

probably old news but Australian Distributor confirmed that there is a hulk le and and standard le, a premium and pro

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from cleland:

To me the "non hype" from Stern means they have something really good to show and the hype will begin when the pics are shown. I have a gut feeling this I going to be one hot pin

I have that feeling too, fingers crossed it is true.

#53 11 years ago

Announcement coming Thursday. Gave a call to my distributor and that's what he told me.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from cleland:

To me the "non hype" from Stern means they have something really good to show and the hype will begin when the pics are shown. I have a gut feeling this I going to be one hot pin.

I'm optimistic as well. I think they are ready to drop a bomb on everyone. To announce and ship weeks later? That's an Apple strategy, they must have something really special.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I'm thinking that this will not be much different system-wise than ACDC and XMen. It will be LED lights and LED DMD. I would be surprised to see an LCD. I spoke to Gary Stern at IAAPA and he led me to believe they don't know for sure what the next display will be. Stern has been keeping secrets a lot more lately, so he might have been pulling my leg. Who knows? I did voice my opinion that they should keep the display small like a DMD rather than the oversized screen on WoZ. I also threw out a suggestion for small display(s) on the playfield or in the playfield itself.

Small display on the playfield could be cool. I kinda dig how JJP is doing that with the crystal ball on WOZ.

If they do a LED DMD, it better not have any grid lines!!!

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from cleland:

To me the "non hype" from Stern means they have something really good to show and the hype will begin when the pics are shown. I have a gut feeling this I going to be one hot pin.

Something really awesome would be great !

Their Facebook antics in the past for other things doesn't seem to suggest marketing genius.

So it could be really great, or really bad and the need the new pin hype machine in full swing.

For their sake and pinball, I hope it will be a huge surprise and really great !

LTG : )

#57 11 years ago

If there is an LCD, I would prefer a smaller one to the larger one that WOZ does. While it might make it hard to source, I'd prefer a standard backglass size and a smaller display.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

If there is an LCD, I would prefer a smaller one to the larger one that WOZ does. While it might make it hard to source, I'd prefer a standard backglass size and a smaller display.

Yes I agree about the size of BF would be good.

#59 11 years ago

48 hours until reveal. I can't wait.

#60 11 years ago

I'd consider shaking up my lineup if this one looks like a winner. I mentioned it on the last podcast, but my son is big into the Avengers right now and I think it would be quite the event for our family to unbox a new machine.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I think it would be quite the event for our family to unbox a new machine.

Open up the box, slide your game out.

Never been used. The wood smells like it was just cut. Even the fresh smell of paint.

Everything looks brand new. Be the person cutting the straps holding the head down.

Time of your life.

Best wishes when you and your family do get to do this !

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Open up the box, slide your game out.
    Never been used. The wood smells like it was just cut. Even the fresh smell of paint.
    Everything looks brand new. Be the person cutting the straps holding the head down.
    Time of your life.
    Best wishes when you and your family do get to do this !

Owe yea!!

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm optimistic as well. I think they are ready to drop a bomb on everyone. To announce and ship weeks later? That's an Apple strategy, they must have something really special.

I am thinking the same from a logical viewpoint but I have my doubts. We will see soon.

#64 11 years ago

The biggest bomb Stern could drop would be to have and LCD pin shipping in December (before JJP).
    That would be HUGE!

#65 11 years ago

I think Stern is the old reliable company. I expect a good game and nothing new.

#66 11 years ago

All that I wish is for Avengers to be either so much better or so much worse than Xmen that I won't have to put them both on my wishlist... selfishly I want a really clear winner so I can get by with only one new pin this next year :S

#67 11 years ago

really hoping for an LCD!!! either way I think this game will kick ass

#68 11 years ago

was just told there will NOT be a premium by the distributor I bought my X-Men from. Bummer to say the least.

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

I agree 100%.

#70 11 years ago

Color LCD the same size as a regular DMD would be awesome! I'm not betting, but I am praying!

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I think Stern is the old reliable company. I expect a good game and nothing new.

This is the most likely outcome, but we can all hope .

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

was just told there will NOT be a premium by the distributor I bought my X-Men from. Bummer to say the least.

Now that would be strange if true.

#73 11 years ago

I was told 2 LE models, one of which is Hulk and possibly an all Avengers, and the pro. No premium

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

If this is true - I wonder why and what does this possibly say about the game itself? Does this mean they lack confidence in selling all LEs if prospective buyers can wait for a Premium? Why did AC/DC get a Premium...is that because they knew it was so rad they could sell it forever? Hmmmm....

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

If this is true - I wonder why and what does this possibly say about the game itself? Does this mean they lack confidence in selling all LEs if prospective buyers can wait for a Premium? Why did AC/DC get a Premium...is that because they knew it was so rad they could sell it forever? Hmmmm....

That worries me too...why not premiums for all games? Seems the less awesome games don't get a premium. That is weak.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

That worries me too...why not premiums for all games? Seems the less awesome games don't get a premium. That is weak.

100% Agree this worries me also. Why no premiums? Man I just want to see the dang game!

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from cleland:

Hope so; this is totally different from what they have done in the past. If it isn't something huge the pin will not sell well; particularly this time of year when people have a hard time justifying buying a 7k toy for themselves.

#78 11 years ago

I actually had to check the website because I've only ever played an ACDC premium. No idea there wasn't a lower playfield on the pro. Heck, the pro isn't even the same game pretty much! I'm sure everyone else knew this but I couldn't imagine playing on the pro now. Thank god there's a premium at lanes and games.

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from cleland:

I was told 2 LE models, one of which is Hulk and possibly an all Avengers, and the pro. No premium

actualy i should be only ONE, a fully load pinball machine like they used to do and like it should be, no cut this or that... a bomb!

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from cleland:

I really hope this is wrong. I passed on the LE and was hoping to go with a premium to save a few dollars. If no premium and then the pro has reduced game play that would kill it for me. I will just have to wait for the details and make the call then.

#81 11 years ago

I was told by Stern at the IAAPA show that Avengers will have 4 versions
    Hulk, Avengers as group, Premium and Pro version.

Did not go with a Captain America version (my choice if I bought one) as the thought was it would not sell well outside the US. Thor, etc ... characters are not that well established to have own LE version. That leaves Hulk who has had several movies on his own before the group movies.

When going through the characters and Iron Man came up it was hinted that this summer when the Iron Man 3 comes out an Iron Man pin would come out. They have the license so it makes sense.
    Would not say if it would be an update of the current Iron Man pin, a Iron Man version of avengers or something else.

In addition all info on Avengers will be out on Nov 29th.

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYG:

Iron Man 3 comes out an Iron Man pin would come out. They have the license so it makes sense.
    Would not say if it would be an update of the current Iron Man pin, a Iron Man version of avengers or something else.

This sounds great. I hope it happens.

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from cleland:

Gonna be super demand for the 300 HULK LE and of demand for the 250 Avengers, no premium. "Hulk Smash those piggy banks" says Hulk LE, over 10k by next Christmas!

#84 11 years ago

Didn't x-men have 550 LEs? That's too many

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I don't think it is too many if the game is good and especially if you do not have a Premium version.

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYG:

ould not say if it would be an update of the current Iron Man pin, a Iron Man version of avengers or something else.

That would be awesome!! I won't buy the old cheaper version but a new premium game and I am in. IM is a house favorite so I have been hoping for that.

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYG:

When going through the characters and Iron Man came up it was hinted that this summer when the Iron Man 3 comes out an Iron Man pin would come out. They have the license so it makes sense.

I had posted on the Stern Face book page a month ago, "Iron Man 3 Movie = Iron Man Pinball Rerun = $" and I got a "Like" from Stern. A rerun is happening so you people better sell your Iron Man's because they are about to lose their value. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't think it is too many if the game is good and especially if you do not have a Premium version.

According to this very website X-men LE is the 25th greatest pinball game ever made!

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I had posted on the Stern Face book page a month ago, "Iron Man 3 Movie = Iron Man Pinball Rerun = $" and I got a "Like" from Stern. A rerun is happening so you people better sell your Iron Man's because they are about to lose their value. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!

I wrote off Sterns for 2013 with the current rumors of releases. If there is any chance this is true anyone that knows please tell us now. That is a must have for me.

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

actualy i should be only ONE, a fully load pinball machine like they used to do and like it should be, no cut this or that

I so wish that were true. Just make great machines and leave it at that. I passionately dislike this business model, although I fully understand why manufacturers favor it.

#91 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYG:

Did not go with a Captain America version (my choice if I bought one) as the thought was it would not sell well outside the US. Thor, etc ... characters are not that well established to have own LE version. That leaves Hulk who has had several movies on his own before the group movies.

That would suck because everyone who bought one before would have the crap version. At least the Tron rerun was inferior to the original. They would piss off a lot of people.

#92 11 years ago

It was a base model. Never was sold as an LE. Its an entire different story to come back and make the same or better versions.

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

It was a base model. Never was sold as an LE. Its an entire different story to come back and make the same or better versions.

Agreed and they did it with LOTR LE so I would not be totally surprised to see an IM LE or premium when IM 3 hits the theaters.

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Agreed and they did it with LOTR LE so I would not be totally surprised to see an IM LE or premium when IM 3 hits the theaters.

Yeah, but LOTR LE was inferior to the original too.

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Yeah, but LOTR LE was inferior to the original too.

If you have convinced yourself of that then enjoy

I will take the gold trim, mirrored backglass, shaker motor, and more clearcoat anyday. Also, everybody that wants them has added the figures and they are even still available.

#96 11 years ago

Gold trim and hideously ugly backglass (I mean YIKES ugly), no thanks. The shaker code isn't great either, but extra clearcoat is nice although pretty unnecessary in a home environment. I'd take a regular LOTR any day over the LE, but I think the game is a clunk fest so I won't be re-acquiring one anyways.

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

300 ACDC Black in Black had higher demand than the 250 LTBR just look at resale prices
    400 Tron LE was not enough
    750 Transformers LE was too many
    600 Dale Jr too many
    550 seems to be the best number remember Xmen sold out quickly from Stern some distributors might have them new but Stern sold them quick same will happen with The Avengers

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYG:

They don't have the IM license - it ran out.

But they may renew it and make IM LE or something. There are less IM'S than Hobbit LE's!

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

A rerun is happening so you people better sell your Iron Man's because they are about to lose their value. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!

Let the prices fall! I hope they do because I would love to get an IM for cheap.

#100 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They don't have the IM license - it ran out.
    But they may renew it and make IM LE or something. There are less IM'S than Hobbit LE's!

There are no Hobbits until it is built.

I'M not expecting anything exciting from Avengers. I think it will be more of the same but I really hope I am wrong.

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-the-avengers-pinball-pics/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.