Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lite-shopping_all.JPG
    lightshop_001.jpg
    BeforeRestore_profile.JPG
    lite-shopping.JPG
    IMG_4157.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 10 years ago

Nothing replaces the sound & feel of a well setup EM. The score reel spinning wildly when you make that killer shot thru a nicely tuned spinner target, the clunk-clunk of the stepper motor counting off bonus points at the end of a ball, the faint clickity click of a Gottlieb "AS" relay resetting. The chimes, the bells. And all of the mechanical stepper clunks, clicks, the buzzing of relays when starting a game. That's REAL pinball. When you see a pin in a movie or on TV, do you hear Gorgar, Taxi, or EBD? Nope- it's always chimes & bells. At least one belongs in every collection.
    I see a few EM's come up on CL every so often in my area. Mostly people think they are worth big $$, but I tend to go for the non-working "projects" that are priced accordingly. Unless they are really rusty or someone has butchered the innards I will buy just about anything that's reasonable. The parts on these alone will be priceless at some point IMO.
    Oregon is a hotbed of pin activity right now - you have to act fast & have cash in hand to get the deals.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-all-the-ems-fs?tu=dasvis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.