Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RCA1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

How come I never see them for sale? Are they rare?

I'd love to add one to my collection, but never see them!

#2 6 years ago

I know of some that went to the landfill back around 1995.

#3 6 years ago

I know of one coming up for sale very soon Blackbeard, if you're in that area and its not already spoken for - I will inquire about the game for you. Near Philadelphia.

#4 6 years ago

One was sold on CL here in Denver a few weeks back. I wanted it, but someone beat me to it.

#6 6 years ago

Mine will be for trade soon. Yep has sinking building.

#7 6 years ago

Not rare at all, and pretty easy to find around 1.5k or so.

#8 6 years ago

I'm looking for one in Ohio right now.

#9 6 years ago

I had to wait a few weeks but The_Director finally sold me his.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I'm looking for one in Ohio right now.

You can stop by and play mine but you can't have it!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Solder_Splash:

You can stop by and play mine but you can't have it!

Face it...I want all your games

#12 6 years ago

I got mine from Wisconsin!

#13 6 years ago

Got one here in mid-Michigan

#14 6 years ago

There's one in my game room...94583.

Robert

#15 6 years ago

I'd love to find one here in Georgia; I'd like to pick up any of the Williams/Bally Pat Lawlors, for that matter.

#16 6 years ago

I got mine off of CL last May around Atlanta. Was listed as Immaculate, but that was far from the truth.

Put new ramps and plastics, pulled the mylar and used some insert decals and the machine turned out awesome.

But you are correct as I can't remember seeing many for sale before or after I got mine.

#17 6 years ago

Paul's ES is really nice. I never looked for an ES until I played his, because I didn't like the backglass art. Now I've been converted, and will definitely BOLO.

#18 6 years ago

Just finished putting mine back together. Plays 100% and looks great!

#19 6 years ago

There's one in my game room, bought locally in Corpus Christi, TX.

#20 6 years ago

Played a couple in Iowa-Nebraska recently. Should of bought the one that was for sale at the time..Still kicking myself in the arse a couple months later..

Would like to have another chance in the future...

NT

#21 6 years ago

If someone has a really nice example for sale near PA, I would be interested. Please send a PM.

mike

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

I got mine from Wisconsin!

Got mine in the land of cheese also. Thanks Frankj!
I watched for a few months on Mr. Pinball, CL, and here.
Missed at least one here, but found one here eventually.
GL to those looking

#23 6 years ago

Got mine locally, but I was also keeping an eye on CL for probably a year before one popped up. I paid $1500, but it's not uncommon to see one with issues sell for $1800. It is odd how you see whirlwinds and funhouses left and right at chicago pinball shows, never have I seen an ES at a pinball show around here in the last couple years.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

One was sold on CL here in Denver a few weeks back. I wanted it, but someone beat me to it.

That might have been me. I have to say I absolutely love this game and can't stop playing it. Brilliantly laid out and and so many fun elements; a spinner, drop targets, a captive ball, a loop shot through the bumpers, a fun cross-playfield ramp shot, a skill shot that doesn't slow things down, and of course the first (and greatest!) use of a shaker motor.

#25 6 years ago

Sorry , you can't have mine.

#26 6 years ago

Have one in Tampa that I added sinking building and bought spare CPR plastics set. Would take $2300 OBO.

Below is original post when I bought in April. I have a LOT of pins and moving to a new home in a week and need to shed some pins!!!

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php/topic,19444.msg162477.html#msg162477

#27 6 years ago

And what's strangely interesting is ill be in tampa this weekend w a uhaul moving my exwife back to buffalo.

#28 6 years ago

I see more ES's than any other System 11 except Taxi. There must be a ton of them out there, or they wouldn't have repo'd the backglass.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Kurisu:

That might have been me. I have to say I absolutely love this game and can't stop playing it. Brilliantly laid out and and so many fun elements; a spinner, drop targets, a captive ball, a loop shot through the bumpers, a fun cross-playfield ramp shot, a skill shot that doesn't slow things down, and of course the first (and greatest!) use of a shaker motor.

If you remember a guy offering a Gilligans Island and cash in trade, that would have been me. By the time I got permission from the wife to get another machine, you had another buyer.

I spent many a lunch playing ES in LA back in the early 90's with buddies from my office. When I left the job they made an ES Wizard plaque for me. Fun to play with a lot of LA humor sprinkled around the playfield and backglass.

#30 6 years ago

Anyone know of a repro pf FS for ES? My PF is ok, but I either want to get it restored or buy a much better one.

#31 6 years ago

It's rumored to be on the CPR todo list, but no idea when that will happen.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Another PF I'll need to order from them..

#33 6 years ago

Have a friend whose wife wants him to buy an ES. It would be his first pin.. If any in NJ area..pls pm me.

#34 6 years ago

I have owned 3 in the last year, and have seen at least 2 more, and of course I live in Nebraska, Neo is right, I see lots of sys 11s, F14s, Taxis, Big Guns and lots 'o' ES's!

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Gosh I hope it's soon. My ES is in dire need of a new pf to go with the shiny new bg and plastics. Perhaps once the playfields are made you will see a spike in availability of nice machines. Although mine isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

#36 6 years ago

Why does everyone all of a sudden want ES! Go back to fighting for overpriced Whirlwinds!

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Why does everyone all of a sudden want ES! Go back to fighting for overpriced Whirlwinds!

I want one to go with my overpriced WW!

#38 6 years ago

Here is the junker I settled for for $900... probably put at least that much into it so far trying to fix it up... Its coming along ok, but I think there is a problem with the main board and some insert lamps that is holding me up.

http://pinball.dwrg.net/

#39 6 years ago

I am waiting for cpr to announce a new playfield. I have the new plastics and backglass just waiting to be installed

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

If you remember a guy offering a Gilligans Island and cash in trade, that would have been me. By the time I got permission from the wife to get another machine, you had another buyer.

Actually I was the buyer, not the seller. I had been holding out for months trying to find a nice Diner, but the ES came up from a good local seller and I jumped on it. I'm really glad I did because it is a blast. I grew up in L. A. and the theme and artwork are a good fit for me.

#41 6 years ago

Earthshaker!!!!!!

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

There must be a ton of them out there, or they wouldn't have repo'd the backglass.

Really? ES has a cool backglass, anyone know where I can buy one?

-Mauro

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Kurisu:

Actually I was the buyer, not the seller. I had been holding out for months trying to find a nice Diner, but the ES came up from a good local seller and I jumped on it. I'm really glad I did because it is a blast. I grew up in L. A. and the theme and artwork are a good fit for me.

If you bought it from a guy who had the sinking building that wasn't installed yet - it was the same one. Was the machine as nice as it looked? Nice pick-up!

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I see more ES's than any other System 11 except Taxi. There must be a ton of them out there, or they wouldn't have repo'd the backglass.

Unfortunately they are all sold out. If they remake playfields maybe they'll re-run the glass.

#45 6 years ago

I have a original glass that I will sell. I also have a repro that a idiot employee set a box on and scratched that I will sell.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Really? ES has a cool backglass, anyone know where I can buy one?
-Mauro

see if they have any seconds. SOmetimes they are sold out but they still have some left.

#47 6 years ago

I have one.. It's going to need a lot of love thought.

#48 6 years ago

I have one as well but it needs just about everything outside of boards and mechs replaced. Still plays 104 percent. I give the extra 4 percent to the air balls generated by the worn out playfield.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Unfortunately they are all sold out. If they remake playfields maybe they'll re-run the glass.

CPR is all sold out, but Marco still has them in stock.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Charlotte, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside