(Topic ID: 207110)

Where are all the barcades?

By hassellcastle

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4605 (resized).PNG
    Pinball Arcade%2FBarcades Resurgence.pdf (PDF preview)
    ls (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

This project is not being done to try to drum up business but merely to prove what is happening with our hobby over the last few years for public places to play.

What exactly are you planning to do with this information?

I have been told before that it is not to drum up business... Only to have people harassing location owners to buy games and try to influence them to buy direct rather than work with the operator they already have.

Not saying you are doing this, but curious what you really need a list for. Seems strange to me to need to make up a list for something that has obviously happened and in your local area you already know all of the spots.

#14 6 years ago

Whysnow? What is in your area? When did they open. That’s all I’m looking for man. Any help is appreciated

zero barcades in Madison, but apparently 2 of them opening sometime soonish (looking forward to it but not sure Madison is able to support that business model? due to size of the city/populus).
    In the past 5 years there are 6 new places to play in Madison. 5 of them are locations with 4 plus games in single bars. 1 of them is a pay to enter arcade.

In Milwaukee region there i 1 new pay to play arcade, 1 brand new barcade, and supposedly 2 more opening in the next year.

Others can chime in about CHI, Twin Cities, and Iowa if they want as they will have more particular knowledge.

If you really want to get accurate data then you need to filter the pinball map or pinside map for locations with > "X" machines and then data mine.

It should not be that hard and in general the past 5 years has seen new barcades in every major city/ outlying area of a city. COncentrate your search on the big cities and you will find the majority of them.

You could probably ask Robin for a data dump of this index >> https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/index/united-states
    or copy and paste into excel (page by page will take a bit of effort) and then sort. That gives you the date of creation on the map and number of games.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why the hell do you always have to be so negative? I honestly just don't get you at all.......smfh.

If you actually took two minutes to look at the OPs history or knew anything in pinball really, then you would understand that a little healthy skeptisism is warranted and reccomended in this situation.

#60 6 years ago

(except for one, whom will remain nameless)

Piss off... I even told you the details of all the places in my region despite you beings such a typical smooch.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-all-the-barcades?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.