(Topic ID: 207110)

Where are all the barcades?

By hassellcastle

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4605 (resized).PNG
    Pinball Arcade%2FBarcades Resurgence.pdf (PDF preview)
    ls (resized).jpg
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Local to me:

Beercade, Omaha NE 2012

VS. Arcade Bar, Lincoln, NE 2016

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

Darn. Wouldn't mind a heads up if there's any chance for something to materialize. I had heard a year+ ago from someone that's friends with Hal that there was some talk of a league starting, but haven't heard such a thing since.

I explained how leagues could work, Hal to me is too busy to run

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Darn. Wouldn't mind a heads up if there's any chance for something to materialize. I had heard a year+ ago from someone that's friends with Hal that there was some talk of a league starting, but haven't heard such a thing since.

If a league were to happen, it'd have to be someone local there versed in tournaments with loads of free time, and there aren't any in the area that have run events...

#53 6 years ago

The Emporium has 3 locations in Chicago.
    Wicker Park, Logan Square, Fulton Market

#54 6 years ago

Silverball Saloon, E. Rochester NY 2017
    The Wormhole, Savannah GA 2016
    Totally Awesome Bar, Savannah GA 2017
    VUK, Bethesda MD 2016
    Towne Hall Lounge, College Hill MD, 2011
    Lyman's Tavern, Washington DC, 2014
    Red Zone Bar, Fairfax VA 2016

#55 6 years ago

The Silver Ballroom, St. Louis, 2010
    http://www.thesilverballroom.com/bar/

Orbit Pinball Lounge, St. Louis, 2012

#56 6 years ago

Pinballz has 3 locations around Austin, TX

They opened between 2010-2014

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why the hell do you always have to be so negative? I honestly just don't get you at all.......smfh.

If you actually took two minutes to look at the OPs history or knew anything in pinball really, then you would understand that a little healthy skeptisism is warranted and reccomended in this situation.

#58 6 years ago

Thanks for your input everyone, thus far. (except for one, whom will remain nameless)
    I've created a file listing all of these locations, thus far.

My goal is to create a list of great public pinball locations. I'm not looking for that restaurant with one game tucked in the back corner.
    But a location that has several well maintained pins to play in one location.

Keep them coming if you can think of any others.

LTG I'd like to add you to the list. When did SS Billiards open?

Click on the image to see the full .pdf file

Pinball Arcade%2FBarcades Resurgence.pdfPinball Arcade%2FBarcades Resurgence.pdf

#59 6 years ago

Swillburger
    Rochester, NY

EST 2016(Maybe 2017?)

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

(except for one, whom will remain nameless)

Piss off... I even told you the details of all the places in my region despite you beings such a typical smooch.

#61 6 years ago

Padavans NY, St. Charles Mo, 2015
    Up Down KC, Kansas City Mo, 2015

Is there is an up down also trying to open in St Louis. It should be open in 2018 but they are currently battling the NIMBY idiots in St Louis' Central West End.

#62 6 years ago

Sunshine laundromat in Williamsburg Brooklyn
    Jackbar in Williamsburg Brooklyn
    Creek and cave, Long Island city ny

#63 6 years ago

Dogwatch Tavern in Fells Point, MD. Last time I was there about a year ago, they had four or five pins, skee ball and some other arcades. Not exactly a typical "barcade" or games tucked in the corner, and they are on the pinball map. Here's a screenshot. Their Nascar needed a shop job bad though. Sopranos was humming and played well. Didn't play the other pins.

And they have an awesome cheesesteak quesadilla. Gotta try that if you ever stop in.

IMG_4605 (resized).PNGIMG_4605 (resized).PNG

1 week later
    #64 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

Have you made it to the Dublin location yet? They need to get their act together, almost every pinball had an issue.
    Strictly for barcade I would go with vfw in Ann arbor, haha. I think they had alcohol. Besides that I like level one in Columbus. Good selection of pins and I don't get hit up by bums for drugs like at arcade super awesome.
    There is also Stonehenge in Akron. They have a ton of pins and serve alcohol, but they are actually a bowling alley. Not sure when they got their first pin, but I bet a while ago

I have not made it to the Dublin location. I wonder who does their maintenance. The pins will need cared for or they will not last a long time there. I see a future retirement gig for me

#65 6 years ago

Zanzabar - Louisville, KY

Recbar - Louisville, KY

New Wave Burritos - Louisville, KY
    2015?

Hay Market Whisky Bar - Louisville, KY
    (4 games but they don't market themselves as an arcade)
    Date ?

Zanzabar is also opening a laundrymat/arcade/bar/bar food location sometime this year. I forget the name. It was announced late last year. It'll be a hit too.

-Steve

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Headquarters in Chitown.

This is the place all other barcades aspire to be.....

#67 6 years ago

Places I’ve been:

Barcades

The Game Preserve - Houston, TX
    Poison Girl - Houston
    Cidercade - Dallas
    Freeplay - Dallas
    ***HQ - Chicago
    Logan’s Hardware - Chicago
    ***The Pinball Lounge - Oviedo, Florida
    Up Down KC - KC
    Tapcade - KC
    The Game Galaxy -Nashville
    Pinballz (original) - Austin, TX
    Pinballz (north) - Austin, TX
    ***The Nest - Kingwood, TX (private club)

*** denote top favorites

#68 6 years ago

http://www.pinballnyc.com/locator/

This is a good tool for telling you exactly what machines are available in the NYC area. If the place has more than four pinball machines- I guess it's a barcade? Seems to hold true for this list, although the OG Brooklyn Barcade only has three at the moment, plus dozens of arcade machines. There are many bars that have four games that are really only bars for most of the patrons. This list is pretty up to date, but I noticed a few places that could use corrections.

Solid State is the newest one that I know about. Two Bits is another that I didn't see mentioned.

#69 6 years ago

p.s. And Milo's Yard.

#70 6 years ago

I thought this might be a good place to ask. I am going to be in whitefish Montana, anybody know of on location pinball in that area at all? It be nice to play a bit if possible.

Thank you

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from gamera9:

Cobra in Phoenix is a barcade. Great bar. Arcade games, not enough pinball for me.
    Bonus round is another in Phoenix.
    Unfortunately no pinball.
    Tilt in Tempe has beer has arcade.
    Unfortunately too many redemption games for me.

You forgot The Grid in Mesa. It's almost all games, and they have about 7 pinball machines. They just changed the line up and got rid of a couple. They had 8 or 9 at one point.

#72 6 years ago

Not a barcade, but a friend owns a nice pinball/arcade spot in Martinsville VA called Uptown Pinball. He’s got over 30 pins, lots of arcades and other games such as skeeball and shooters. $12 admission and everything on free play! Free drinks and chips too. I love going, lots to do there. Just opened up last year and business is booming

#73 6 years ago

Press Start Located in Reno NV opened recently. Cool place. Has TZ, DI, AFMr and more. Lots of arcades and a bar.

#74 6 years ago

Two in Huntsville, AL.

Pints & Pixels, a true arcade/bar
    Ronnie Raygun's (my place), a brewery with a taproom and down the hall and around the corner from the taproom (it's an old middle school) there's an arcade with 20'ish pins. Its not a bar built around an arcade, but an arcade with beer/food available.

Be advised, if this list even gets published in some form you may get a nastygram from the Barcade guys in Jersey/New York (?). My local paper did an article a while back about my location and I used the term barcade and I got a very legal email cease and desist from using that term since it's trademarked.

#75 6 years ago

Arcadia National Bar
    Portland, Maine

12-16 machines and some fine local/regional brews

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Piss off... I even told you the details of all the places in my region despite you beings such a typical smooch.

You should introduce yourself to me at TPF, and please mention your post when you do. Just so I have a point of reference. If we've already met I'd really enjoy meeting you again.

Thanks everyone else for helping me continue the list.

#77 6 years ago

Quarter UP - Akron, OH
    16-Bit - cleveland, oh
    Buzzbin - Canton, oh
    Madcap Brewery - Kent, Ohio (its mainly a brewery, but has 6-7 pinball machines and host a pinball league. Along with some other arcade games.)

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

Not at a computer at the moment to better figure out year est., but Arcade Bar here in Gainesville has about 15-16 or so pins + a few pins across the street at The Top (owned by the same I believe). Unfortunately no league here that I'm aware of, but would love if there was.

Oh man, if we had a league in Gainesville, you better believe I'd be signed up right away. It always seems like we have a good amount of names/people cycling through the high scores.

#79 6 years ago

This is great!!! Keep it goin!

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from sandersj:

Be advised, if this list even gets published in some form you may get a nastygram from the Barcade guys in Jersey/New York (?). My local paper did an article a while back about my location and I used the term barcade and I got a very legal email cease and desist from using that term since it's trademarked.

The generic term "barcade" has been in use at least since the early 2000s. It's a good idea to avoid any implication that "Barcade" is part of the name or self-description of any individual business, except for those NY/NJ guys.
    .................David Marston

#81 6 years ago

Reboot Retrocade Macon GA Dec 2016 I believe
    Joystick Gamebar Atlanta GA
    My Parents Basement Atlanta GA 2017
    Jerliee's Pub Lafayette IN
    Tappers Arcade Bar Indianapolis IN 2016
    Proper Brewing Company Salt Lake City Utah
    Campfire Lounge Salk City Utah
    Silverball City Johnson City TN
    The Coin-op Chattanooga TN
    Knubs Pub Kansas City MO
    1up Lodo Denver Colorado
    1up Colfax Denver Colorado

These are just a few I've gone think are missing, I travel for work a lot and I'm always looking for a place to play pinball.
    Was there any specifics on how many pins in a location or if they sold alcohol only that you want or just locations to play pinball not sure I saw that or just bars with pinball and arcades is what you are looking for? I got a lot more just got to look over your list and remember if they where a bar or what.

Great info also

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-all-the-barcades/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.