(Topic ID: 37837)

When you're told the game is "routed", this is what it means.

By Steve-in-CT

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Last night we went to a pizza joint that had recently changed hands. To my surprise there was a nice Monopoly game mixed in with a few vids. The game was clean and played well. After 2 or 3 games, I hit an air ball that landed on top of a plastic. I asked to owner if he had the key so we could remove it. He said "no, but I'll fix the f**king thing". He then proceeded to pick up the game 3-4 feet off the ground and slam it down. I told him to take it easy and he responded "piece of sh*t ain't mine". Out from the kitchen comes another "technician" and they both begin to rock and slam the game around for a couple of minutes. I was waiting for it to fall over. Finally they gave up and shut it off. The term "routed" now has a new meaning to me.

#3 11 years ago

It might end up at the captains auction some day.

#4 11 years ago

Yowsa! I hate people like that...don't care at all just because they are not the owner. I'll bet some kind of damage was done. Either some cracks in the cabinet or leg braces to the corners of the cabinet. Who knows, maybe some damage to some electronics inside as well...such a shame

#5 11 years ago

I have been to places where they say they are not our games and we just make a cut of the cash put into them.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

Last night we went to a pizza joint that had recently changed hands. To my surprise there was a nice Monopoly game mixed in with a few vids. The game was clean and played well. After 2 or 3 games, I hit an air ball that landed on top of a plastic. I asked to owner if he had the key so we could remove it. He said "no, but I'll fix the f**king thing". He then proceeded to pick up the game 3-4 feet off the ground and slam it down. I told him to take it easy and he responded "piece of sh*t ain't mine".

This guy has issues. Not only abusing other people's property, but cursing up a storm in front of customers and making a scene. I wonder how he reacts if a customer has a complaint about his product.

I'd find out who owns the games and contact them and let them know (warn them he's a hothead) what exactly happened. They may not know this guy very well, since you said the place recently changed hands. If he does something as brazen as this, think about what it would be like doing overall business with him.

Its not the fact that a pin was involved that gets me going about this. I worked for a pizza joint when I was in high school and the owner acted exactly like this man. Of course in the beginning, I didn't realize who he really was and thought nothing of it. But years later, everyone who dealed with him had very bad things to say. Employees, vendors, landlord, etc.

#7 11 years ago

ouch

#8 11 years ago

Quick somebody get that pizza shop owner some Xanax! Notify the vendor and see how this guy responds to somebody treating his car the same way.

#9 11 years ago

What is sad is when you see a person promoting pinball and running tournaments, do things like that.

Violence to pinball machines isn't limited to the general public.

LTG : (

#10 11 years ago

Just a shame. I'm sure he wouldn't treat his personally owned equipment the same way...

#11 11 years ago

Really goes to show the unfortunate reality of how a lot of people feel " its not mine so who cares".

#12 11 years ago

That is not what routed means.
Almost all of the 90s and earlier pins that collectors own have been routed.
I know that the location that I have pins at would not do that to my games.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

The term "routed" now has a new meaning to me.

I have games that have been on route that you could never tell the difference if I told you they were HUO. Thankfully, I'm not a very good liar. Something to think about though.

Quoted from LTG:

What is sad is when you see a person promoting pinball and running tournaments, do things like that.

Wow. Rather than saying something (anything) positive, you choose to take a shot at people who have nothing to do with this.

#14 11 years ago

On the glass half full side, it shows just how durable the machines actually are.

#15 11 years ago

because its not his he doesn't care... wow!

now imagine how he's making pizza in the back

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

LTG said:

Wow. Rather than saying something (anything) positive, you choose to take a shot at people who have nothing to do with this.

I most humbly apologize.

In the future I'll try and be more positive, especially in threads discussing terms like routed and abuse to equipment.

LTG : )

#17 11 years ago

Wow.. I would find out who operates the game and let them know

#18 11 years ago

next time ask him if he'd like the pinball operator doing that to his pizza oven!!!

#19 11 years ago

Mental note:
Add Crazy and Irate location owners to list of items to check when looking at a routed pin.

#20 11 years ago

So you can't always depend on location employees/mismanagement/owners to prevent abuse to machines; who knew? Heck, we had location employees break into our machines when I worked on a route. All machines broken into, many with damage so severe (we used to hasp the machines for battle) they would have to be brought back to the shop for major cabinet repairs. Amazingly, no other damage to the location office doors, showcases, their own owned vending machines , bowling ball polishers etc. No break-in to the building, no-nutthin'. The term is "inside job".

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Garrettw:

On the glass half full side, it shows just how durable the machines actually are.

Hahahahaha. Thanks for the chuckle...good one

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Really goes to show the unfortunate reality of how a lot of people feel " its not mine so who cares".

That is how our entire federal government and most state governments are run. Not their money, just blow it away and help their friends steal it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-youre-told-the-game-is-routed-this-is-what-it-means and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.