(Topic ID: 170904)

When your Dad visits and clocks up Grand Champion...

By chriskuta

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

So my old man (Slugburger) visited the other day and stayed over night, he'd driven 12 hours to get to us in Sydney, having not seen my pins we had a quick go of Spidy VE and Hobbit LE that night. The next morning he's up early bashing away on Spidy VE and clocks the Grand Champion score on my machine.. Sure, I'd updated and reset the scores recently but I'm pretty sure that's the highest score the machines had.. Thankfully the Hobbit is a lot harder to score high on, I still got that one... These are my first pins and I'm still learning all the tricks. My Dad is definitely a slap, smack, nudger. I'll have to make sure the GC score is a lot higher next time he visits

#2 7 years ago

That's awesome!

It'd be sweet if you could somehow be able to switch High Score modes.

One for the owner that has spent countless hours on the machine, and one for guests.

It'd be cool to even be able to pick which high score set your working towards so you can play along with guests if wanted.

Come on mod junkies that know how to code! I'll donate cookies to the cause!

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Mottwally:

One for the owner that has spent countless hours on the machine, and one for guests.

That's the best idea I've heard this month.

#4 7 years ago

Road Show has a daily hs list. I like the feature. Make showing them an option in settings.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Mottwally:

That's awesome!
It'd be cool to even be able to pick which high score set your working towards so you can play along with guests if wanted.

I TOTALLY agree. One for home, one for visitors.

It'd also be good to have a quick "format" adjustment via flippers. One "Easy" format for guests, and one "Custom" for good players.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from chriskuta:

My Dad is definitely a slap, smack, nudger.

Looks like you need to learn some tricks from the old man.

#7 7 years ago

My father in law recently posted GC on my dredd. The dude plays pinball maybe once a month (when we have them over) and he posts GC on his very first game EVER on the machine. Needless to say i opened his next beer for him.

#8 7 years ago

Hahah.. yeah a guest mode would be a great idea. Hobbit has Today's HS.. which is nice when guests get to enter their score..

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Mottwally:

That's awesome!

P3 has user profiles, so you can have one set up for yourself to keep your own personal high scores and settings. Very easy to use too, takes maybe 30 seconds to set one up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.95
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-your-dad-visits-and-clocks-up-grand-champion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.