Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by labnip
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Out of room”

• store at a friends 15 votes
      21%
    • Keep buying, you only live once 35 votes
      48%
    • I will take your extra games 6 votes
      8%
    • Chill out and listen to Jim Croche. You have enough 17 votes
      23%

(73 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0318694053df6549629672409ee1f687_(resized).jpg
    buck_(resized).jpg
    suspense_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Thoughts on when run of room. My games room will only allow 7 pins and a few arcades. I love collecting pinballs. I admire some of the huge collections of some the pinsiders.

My wife will kill me If I get more pins then I can fit in my man cave. Anyone else have a problem?
    My collecting started with 1970's hockey cards which I still have.

For some reason I still want more.

#2 8 years ago

I have room in my shed for 6 machines
    I have a few more than that

#3 8 years ago

Get rid of the hockey cards -> then maybe you can squeeze in 1 more pinball!

#4 8 years ago

There's always room for just one more.
    There's no such thing as too many pinball machines.
    Is it wrong to want to own them all?

#5 8 years ago

Great hobby. I always want to save a machine from being a parts machine. I wish I started collecting earlier.

If only the older games could talk.

#6 8 years ago

Moms garage, the office, neighborhood bar, anywhere that keeps them out of the wife's way.

#7 8 years ago

At one point, i squeezed 11 pinballs in my former garage,which could actually accomodate 7.
    Some pins you had to play with another one poking you in the butt.
    I can honestly say that i was happier with the 11 machines situation than the 7 machines.
    I think we are actually hoarders with a hobby.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from oropuro:

Moms garage, the office, neighborhood bar, anywhere that keeps them out of the wife's way.

Great. Give a cheap one to all of your neighbours to play.

#9 8 years ago

Also get more kids into the hobby. Lets keep it going with some youth.
    Bring out a few on Halloween for the kids to play in front of the house. Volkdrive opens up his garage for the kids to play some pinball.
    Great to see and what an awesome collection!!

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

At one point, i squeezed 11 pinballs in my former garage,which could actually accomodate 7.
    Some pins you had to play with another one poking you in the butt.
    I can honestly say that i was happier with the 11 machines situation than the 7 machines.
    I think we are actually hoarders with a hobby.

Hoarders yes, but when you bring a non-working game to life and let other pinheads play, I think that is great!!

Stretch7 is helping me restore these ones. Suspense and a Buckaroo!!

Cabinet is rough on Buckaroo. Planking on Suspense.

suspense_(resized).jpgsuspense_(resized).jpg

buck_(resized).jpgbuck_(resized).jpg

#11 8 years ago

Buy a commercial building, rent two bays out, keep one for yourself

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Buy a commercial building, rent two bays out, keep one for yourself

Btw I'm running out of room, so let me know if anyone wants to split that with me...

#13 8 years ago

If only a guy had the cash!!

#14 8 years ago

I'd kind of landlocked. I have 3 pins and 10 video games. My options are either to let something go every time I want something new, start taking over the garage space (gameroom shares a door with garage), or totally rearrange gameroom to squeeze one more in.

I've done that last one a few times, so I'm now at the point that it's no longer easy. I'd have to take down the dart board or something to free up a spot, which I really don't want to do.

#15 8 years ago

I don't think you are out of room until you include your transportation.

0318694053df6549629672409ee1f687_(resized).jpg0318694053df6549629672409ee1f687_(resized).jpg

#16 8 years ago

I keep telling myself I can free up room for one more if I convert to a stackable washer and dryer in the basement.

#17 8 years ago

Can't help you with your problem but love your avatar OP!

#18 8 years ago

I'm thinking of putting the washer and dryer out on the patio and I can get two more.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Get rid of the hockey cards -> then maybe you can squeeze in 1 more pinball!

Telling a Canadian to get rid of his hockey cards, you were high when you posted that weren't you???

#20 8 years ago

I'm sure there is plenty of room in the bedroom for another pin/vid or 3....

#21 8 years ago

I didn't vote because the "knock out a wall" option wasn't there. I'm finishing my basement right now because I'm out of room. WoZ is sitting in the dining room.

#22 8 years ago

Try and make more room with an addition if possible. I just enclosed my outside patio and made another game room-time to buy more pins.

#23 8 years ago

I was out of room, before I started acquiring my pins last year. I have 2 in my shed at the moment as I try to figure what to rearrange to fit them inside. If I get a new house, my biggest requirement would be not having to go down a bulkhead entrance down 6 feet of stairs into a basement. Before, I can get a new pin into the basement I need to enlist someone to help me lower it down. Escalera is not in my budget because it would eat into my pin funds.

#24 8 years ago

Gotta catch 'em all!

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I don't think you are out of room until you include your transportation.

I'm guessing you just grabbed that photo off the internet, and isn't your own, right? But does anyone know if that museum is still open? I'm pretty sure it shut down a couple years ago, but haven't been able to find hard proof of it yet. They had some cool movie/TV vehicles there (a Batmobile from Batman Returns), as well as a ton of WWII trucks and tanks. I'm pretty sure that photo is the one that was in Northern Indiana.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

I'm guessing you just grabbed that photo off the internet, and isn't your own, right? But does anyone know if that museum is still open? I'm pretty sure it shut down a couple years ago, but haven't been able to find hard proof of it yet. They had some cool movie/TV vehicles there (a Batmobile from Batman Returns), as well as a ton of WWII trucks and tanks. I'm pretty sure that photo is the one that was in Northern Indiana.

That's one of Karl Caspers -he built all of the Bat Mobiles (movies) plus the A-Team vehicles, K.I.T.T. and the General Lee. Not shut down, reviewed last week.
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g29323-d8514269-Reviews-Kruse_Automotive_Carriage_Museum-Auburn_Indiana.html

#27 8 years ago

When I run out of space (can hold 17 pins in my game room) I'll just have to sell something to get something new. It will definitely make me more patient with new games but at the same time with 17 games there is always going to be something I'm tired of or ready to let go of. I don't really have a desire to have more then that. Proper maintenance on 17 is enough work as it is.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

That's one of Karl Caspers -he built all of the Bat Mobiles (movies) plus the A-Team vehicles, K.I.T.T. and the General Lee. Not shut down, reviewed last week.
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g29323-d8514269-Reviews-Kruse_Automotive_Carriage_Museum-Auburn_Indiana.html

NICE! I used to live in Toledo, and would drive by there, and saw they had a Batmobile shell outside, so I stopped one time passing through. Then a few years ago I saw an auction at that area up there, and listed were a couple cars that I knew the museum had, like the Batmobile. But I never knew if it was the same Batmobile at the museum, or a different one. And then thought I read somewhere that the museum had financial issues, but then was never able to find out if it was shut down, or still going.

So, looks like I'll be making another trip up there this summer.

#29 8 years ago

I am not really sure what you do. If someone figures it out, please let me know.

Currently we are examining adding a second floor to our house just for pinball. If not that, then we will likely move to something built specifically with pinball in mind.

My real problem is I am not sure how many I want room for ultimately. The colection grows organically and the next thing you know you need more room. 1 turned into 2 which turned into 12 in 12 months. Things slowed for a bit and then I started sharing them on route. That meant I have more room but long tern plans that they will all come home at some point. I now have lost count and stopped updating my colleciton on line, but still have a long list of wishlist games I want to have in my ultimate collection.

In my long range plan I think I would like a house out of town slightly where I can have 100 games set up in a sweet underground bunker. From the outside it will appear to be a 1000sqft ranch of modest size (besides pinball we dont need much space), but once you go to the basement you realize that the house on the hill is hiding a magical room of pinball.

In short, when I currently run out of room I guess I buy them for the future. I give to relative to store and play. I put them on route for others to enjoy. I offer them to any trustworthy locals to shop out and enjoy till I have more room.

Yes, I have a disease. However, I have gained acceptance with the disease and as I age I realize life is fleeting and if I have my bills paid, am laying plans for the future sustainability of my family, and am able to love and share this hobby (obsession) with my wife, then life cant be much better!

#30 8 years ago

You see, my wife said no more than 4 pins. I figure, if I add a second wife who also says 4 pins, then I'm up to 8.

#31 8 years ago

I have 5 games stored at friend's houses right now.

#32 8 years ago

I'm with Whysnow. It is hard to turn down a pinball, in fact I just got contacted with someone trying to sell a Sorcerer. I've never had one.

#33 8 years ago

I currently have 1 more pin than I can comfortably fit and don't know what to do because the only real solution is to permanently downsize by 1 game which is RIDICULOUS.

#34 8 years ago

I just keep buying and the wife keeps finding room. I'm in the low percentile of guys with wives that don't care. She rearranged our enitre house so that I could buy out a local operator. I have them in the living room, dining room, kitchen, my office and my dedicated "Pinball" Room. She's a keeper!

#35 8 years ago

I too am super lucky in that my wife loves pinball. I am the one often 'considering' selling and she always finds reason to keep and make more room.

Keeper for sure.

#36 8 years ago

First went the dining room. Then went the living room. Then the garage. Ran out of room, so I had to send one to live with a friend. I'm already babysitting three, and I just agreed to another, even though all of mine aren't even at the house. I have no idea where to expand next, but yet, I'm always making moves to get more. I'm an idiot, and I have problems.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from thadawkins:

I just keep buying and the wife keeps finding room. I'm in the low percentile of guys with wives that don't care. She rearranged our enitre house so that I could buy out a local operator. I have them in the living room, dining room, kitchen, my office and my dedicated "Pinball" Room. She's a keeper!

I just keep buying and the wife lost count 10 years ago.If she sees a new pin and asks where that came from I just say
    "Honey I bought that one years ago. Don't you remember yelling at me that day about it?"
    She'll think about it for a minute or two then walk away.

#38 8 years ago

Furniture is Overated...

#39 8 years ago

Sometimes you have to invent more pin space. Example: My kids had a play room. Well, they should be playing outside anyway. Gone and done.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I didn't vote because the "knock out a wall" option wasn't there. I'm finishing my basement right now because I'm out of room. WoZ is sitting in the dining room.

Fortunately I have space at work and swap out machines from here
    to home. But this method I have a hard time letting pins go from my collection.
    I usually distract my wife with flowers and jewelry!
    Our dining room is empty and we are trying to decide on new dining furniture.
    I told my wife if she doesn't decide soon its plenty of room for some pin placement.
    Who needs in laws sitting and eating at an expense table anyhow!

Quoted from stretch2:

Furniture is Overated...

#41 8 years ago

Watch the intro

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tripin:

You see, my wife said no more than 4 pins. I figure, if I add a second wife who also says 4 pins, then I'm up to 8.

That's tricky risk/reward skill shot.

#43 8 years ago

I moved to a bigger house.

That will probably only work that one time so as of now I don't know

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from sk8ball:

Watch the intro
    » YouTube video

Cool vid

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-you-run-out-of-room and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.