(Topic ID: 305249)

When you order a new pin through a distributor when do you pay?

By SantaEatsCheese

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Percula
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Generic question,

When you buy a NIB pinball machine from a distributor, do you pay up front or on delivery? Do you pay a deposit? As I understand it if I order a NIB JP Premium or GZ Premium NIB it will be 6+ months before it gets here. Would I pay $9,000 now and wait 6 months for it to show up?

The only NIB pin I've bought was factory direct through Spooky and it took a year to show up, but it was just a deposit.

Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

Usually a deposit then full payment a few weeks before shipping. No way would I pay in full for a machine 6+ months out. Ive never had an issue. Just go with a reputable dealer.

#3 2 years ago

I have never had to pay upfront. I always put down a deposit and wait. One distributor collected the balance from my house upon delivery and the other would collect the balance when scheduling delivery. You are somewhat in my neck of the country, try Joe from Arcade game Sales of Maryland.

#4 2 years ago

If the pin is in stock and I order it full payment.

If not in stock it’s a deposit until ready to ship.

#5 2 years ago

I believe on LEs some wanted full payment upfront, but usually just a deposit and then balance when ships/delivers.

#6 2 years ago

Depends on your distro. I refuse to have money tied up, and would never pay in full prior to it being in the store or warehouse. I have a good relationship with my distro now where I call and say "I want one", and my word actually counts for something - as does his. He says he'll hold one for me, I commit, and I pay in full when I drive to pick up. First one I think I may have had a small deposit down.

#7 2 years ago

When I pick it up or delivered

#8 2 years ago

LE full upfront was my deal. 2 months to delivery. MSRP plus shipping. Free serial number request. That was free upfront.

#9 2 years ago

When I have my buyer lined up for the flip

#10 2 years ago

Same experiences as everyone else (always pay by CC for rewards points and the additional buyer protections).

In-stock: Charged full amount when game ships.

Wait-list games:

Pro/Premium: Charged a deposit (has always been $1k for me) upon placing order, remaining charged when game ships.

LE: You have to pay to play at this level, so expect to be charged the full amount up-front and be pleasantly surprised if you can get away with just a deposit; the exact terms probably depend on the title and whether or not you require any additional "special treatment" such as ability to pick the serial number.

#11 2 years ago

Point of pickup/delivery. Cash on the glass.

#12 2 years ago

If you buy through us we require a 100 deposit (fully refundable). When the game is ready to ship then the balance is due

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

If you buy through us we require a 100 deposit (fully refundable). When the game is ready to ship then the balance is due

Always worked for me

#14 2 years ago

I paid when I picked it up .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-you-order-a-new-pin-through-a-distributor-when-do-you-pay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.