(Topic ID: 143588)

When you need to reglue decals, what do you use ?

By Flippermatt

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Some decals are unique and can´t be found NOS anymore.... Often they start to flap over in the corners and don´t stick to the plastic anymore. The decal itself with it´s artwork is often more than OK.... There is always some crud and the glue is long gone..

Has anyone tried reusing the decal by applying new glue ? I know there is this "stick-glue" but which is a good one that will stick to "oily" plastics that the plastic indeed are ? To remove the crud, will Label Off do the job ?

Thanks
    Matt

#2 8 years ago

I am guessing that you are talking about plastic ramp decals?? I have heard that you can carefully remove, clean old decal of all old glue and use thin double sided tape to re attach. Sounded simple.

#3 8 years ago

Actually it´s the outside VORTEX decal for Pinbot.....

reg
    Matt

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-you-need-to-reglue-decals-what-do-you-use and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.