Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

01AC066E-DDE0-4928-B7AE-774C016E7CE9 (resized).jpeg
    997F11BE-5AAF-47F1-84CF-715571479AD5 (resized).png
    2F5C3CA1-F2B8-42D6-8649-D551AB2AB809 (resized).png
    D7BE93DE-962C-41A3-BD48-A5BD8B1E9A25 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Localspeedshop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Got to tell you I didn’t think it would happen to me but guess it’s a numbers game ..

I always trust everyone , I’m old school hand shake or my word and we have a deal ...

Sent out cash for two pins . 2700/3500 .

Neither going to make it here after only a few days already not communicating..

Sad to see people like this especially on what I thought would be exclusive group but so many scammers now a days ...

I’m going to pursue all the info I have on addresses and phone numbers and work in tracking them down [Edited by mod team] ... I don’t take this stuff lightly and no one deserves to be taken advantage of pursuing their past time !

I’ve made a few calls before their info goes stale on me .. should I fly out the goons YOU BET !

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Lets have all the info, this sounds juicy.
    -Mike

Replied to market ad for fish tales pin , they sent a bunch of pics .... then we discussed getting them dropped off for me to ship etc . Sent PayPal transfer same as always ..

Now no responses whatsoever been since Friday ...

However his so called friend was selling another pin and noticed I was looking for it trolling my pin profile ..

He put me in contact .. I made a call and he got back to me with pics and details on the pin ... we made a deal and I sent PayPal again same as always ..

Now no status updates and that’s the end of that . Adios cashola

#8 5 years ago

Sent friends and family ... never had an issue must have bought 60 machines last three years but from now on will do PayPal regular and conver the fees ..

Too bad regardless people like that on here wished it was only a place for hardcore collectors with good intentioms .

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Contact PayPal. They will help you. Even if you used friends and family.
    I would use escrow.com for future purchases. Protects both buyer and seller. And as a buyer you can pay escrow.com using PayPal.

Ok thx I will look into this !!

#14 5 years ago

Sadly this am I went online and saw permantly blocked profile . BOYD was name ...

His friend who knows .. but have both their PayPal address and did some digging already .

See what I can do to recoup some hard earned cash ...

Side note I will verify more about seller I guess next time .. love the pin side there isn’t much for sale where I’m from

#19 5 years ago

Yes totally going to use this as a baseline from now on as I am still buying pins regardless of this happening ..

#23 5 years ago

Yeah I know ... but everyone always complains on PayPal and it’s hard buying from Canada and shipping up here to Michigan ..

I can’t do much really .. got a few phone numbers and will send someone there to ring a door bell or more that’s about all I can do .

In the meantime will just make sure they have some feedback or pay with secured and absorb the fees ...

I have always trusted PayPal but so many don’t likely cause they scammed in the other side ..

Cheers to all the honest people and shame on the rest ... wont be able to get the Munsters for a little bit longer now

#46 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for the group messages and encouragement ...

It’s a lesson well learned but ain’t over I have many many connections and was already offered one of the guys to pay a visit lol

I have always conducted business as an old cowboy no messing around and will continue to do so . It’s my own fault .. but even my wife heard the guy on the phone etc.

I have their PayPal addys and phone numbers now . So hopefully PayPal at least locks upntheir accounts and credentials for further activity .

PayPal addys : fish tales aka Boyd is actually dj out of Georgia . His cell is on his business pages ..

Claimed his address was : Home Address: 6413 S Wapato; Tacoma, WA 98409

The other one ; champion pub was sent to hamblem machines which now looking into is out of Indiana not Tacoma as original thought to ..

Here’s what I have : pics attached

D7BE93DE-962C-41A3-BD48-A5BD8B1E9A25 (resized).pngD7BE93DE-962C-41A3-BD48-A5BD8B1E9A25 (resized).png2F5C3CA1-F2B8-42D6-8649-D551AB2AB809 (resized).png2F5C3CA1-F2B8-42D6-8649-D551AB2AB809 (resized).png997F11BE-5AAF-47F1-84CF-715571479AD5 (resized).png997F11BE-5AAF-47F1-84CF-715571479AD5 (resized).png01AC066E-DDE0-4928-B7AE-774C016E7CE9 (resized).jpeg01AC066E-DDE0-4928-B7AE-774C016E7CE9 (resized).jpeg
    #48 5 years ago

I have one but this comes direct from the cash vault that’s a bit lighter now ...

#53 5 years ago

Cops said they won’t but call my local police they will start it and if they need their help in Tacoma they will help lol

#54 5 years ago

Your right he’s on social media everywhere so i called and called and texted a pile of times ..

Simply said be a man at least refund some of my cash keep half for all I care but to not answer is cowardly and maybe I will send someone to Georgia for my cash ...

#74 5 years ago

Bruce it sure was ... and they don’t really care regardless I offered them to keep 1000 and return the rest as I’m aware now of what was going on .. nothing for response of course ..

But around here this stuff doesn’t fly and yes I can send the goon it’s moee effective and why not I’m out the cash regardless !

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Note to self: don't tell people they're first anymore.

Ok will grab another one as well then didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to PayPal ..

I’m truthful and honour every payment .. hopefully will be able to compete a few transactions on here to gain some feedback in a positive manner .

As for PayPal they have been contacted not sure why some people have to act like d&@$ and say I’m complaining I’m not I’ve shared as much info as possible so that others may get contacted by these people won’t take a loss ..

I have a pm this am will screen shot not sure if they are legit ..

Just like a pm saying i work in IT and can track down info ... all I want is to stop this from happening to others

#77 5 years ago

Alex I sure wish I could ... but in today’s market from my experience that is everyone is way closer to the machines then me .. so I can physically drive to get there to do so ..

I usually pay in advance and have one of the guys I alhave used to ship to pick up .

It’s a lesson learned is all .. currently working a deal with two other trusting oknaoders so will keep moving along as I have no other choice cause I’m addicted to pins lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Localspeedshop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-you-get-burned-on-your-first-pinsode-purchase-?tu=Localspeedshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.