(Topic ID: 82891)

When will we see WOZ in a PAPA circuit event?

By solarvalue

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaxxis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Just wondering, code is complete, Louisville show maybe?

Nope, WOZ isn't planned for the Louisville tournament.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Plays too long? That's a new one; besides that is easily adjustable.

Most people are basing this on the those little side tournaments we've had over the last year where some games seemed to take 10+ minutes.

Of course, these games were usually setup shallow, slow, normal outlanes, yada yada yada

5 months later
#64 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The lack of familiarity with the game probably has guys avoiding it. Every point counts and having one dogged game can ruin an entry ticket.

Actually with taking the top 24, it only took 2 really good games and a decent game to get qualified, so you could get in with two bad games on your card.

But familiarity had nothing to do it with why it was avoided. It was simply a huge drain monster and there was other games that were way more controllable. Hitting the witch and going into the pops was extremely risky. Plus this game had a problem where a great shot up the ramp was sometimes rewarded with a ball flying off the wire form into State Fair and drain. We also had a wizard scoop that shot SDTM occasionally. (I actually had one hit the top of the sling and go into TOTO... doh)

Skillshots were also neutered in this version of the software so you could basically only hit the witch and crystal ball from the upper flipper. So no more soft plunge, trap on lower flipper and shoot. And with the wide open out lanes, ball saves turned off, shooting a skill shot was basic suicidal.

Hopefully Mark reset the audits before the tournament, I would love to see the average ball time.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

On a mostly unrelated topic, on yours and Karl's software (which is awesome!), on the Finals pages, it would be really nice to have a current match point total immediately to the right of each player's name before you scroll right to see each game's result. Just a suggestion.

It's Karl's software, I didn't write it I just leverage it at tournaments I attend and point out any bugs when I find them.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yeah FT became a horror show with the semi-limp-noodle flippers and eventually non-looping autolaunches. All the shots were certainly possible (especially if you did the quick-let-go thing, nfi why that works after all these years), but boat backhands suffered greatly.

It was disappointing that FT was such a dud.

To me, ST was set up much more brutally than WOZ was, but after getting 1.3M on ST I never bothered trying it again. Obviously many people had success on it especially as people got used to the game and played it more.

While ST could be brutal, the tilt was way more forgiving than WOZ and the potential to put a score seemed easier since you could just time out modes to get to Kobayashi. (sigh)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 91.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaxxis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-we-see-woz-in-a-papa-circuit-event?tu=zaxxis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.