Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by flashinstinct
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ranch.jpg

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Does anyone have any ideas on when TWD will get its next code update. It's been a few months, November I think.

#2 4 years ago

Lol! Ask any ST owner or Metallica owner how often those updates happen from Stern.

#3 4 years ago

Here we go ...lol

What does TWD need? Is it buggy? Are there missing features ?

#4 4 years ago

Missing Horde and maybe Siege modes?

Havent even gotten close to last man standing or crossbow multiball so Im not sure if those are implemented yet.

I think there needs to be a more clear cut way of getting crossbow lit too. Maybe everytime ypu knock the drops down on "weapon" it should light crossbow.

Woodbury needs more functionality as well. Maybe have it as a End of the Line combo collect type of situation.

I love the game so far, and I can't wait until they finish it so I can buy one!

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here we go ...lol
What does TWD need? Is it buggy? Are there missing features ?

Yr Mouth is On Every Thread ,, Just like Aurich , U sold Yr TWD ,,, so Why have Your Nose in it ?

#6 4 years ago

My head hurts already from all the whining.... You bought it....now sit on your ass and wait for it..... if it doesn't come...get back in the pasture and wait for Stern to release another game so you can buy NIB again and restart the cycle....

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Yr Mouth is On Every Thread ,, Just like Aurich , U sold Yr TWD ,,, so Why have Your Nose in it ?

I never had TWD. I asked a legitimate question because I'm not familiar with the game's code. Mellow out and have some ranch, brotendo.

ranch.jpg
#8 4 years ago

Sometimes people "in-the-know" blab about when the update is coming and the OP just wants to know if there is an upcoming release. No need to fly off the handle with speculation about why. It's not exactly rocket science knowing for sure that stuff is missing at this point.

BTW Siege is in. No Horde, although it comes up on the screen. Needs polishing for sure.

#9 4 years ago

People "in the know" love to come here and be the first to announce any info they may have, even if its wrong......
I dont understand threads like this one, or threads where people ask " what is the next title? "......
If someone knew it would already be posted.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

I think there needs to be a more clear cut way of getting crossbow lit too. Maybe everytime ypu knock the drops down on "weapon" it should light crossbow.

This is exactly the way you get Crossbow shot lit on v1.19.

Knock down a drop target when "weapons" insert is lit. Then complete the drop down targets to get the Crossbow Shot lit on the right ramp.

You can light Crossbow shot every time using this approach.

Marcus

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I dont understand threads like this one, or threads where people ask " what is the next title? "......
If someone knew it would already be posted.

Not necessarily - I think there are quite a few people that want to respect the "privacy" of the inside knowledge they may have, and would not create a new topic to blab that info. But if a particular question is asked might provide a helpful answer/hint without sharing too much info.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Knock down a drop target when "weapons" insert is lit. Then complete the drop down targets to get the Crossbow Shot lit on the right ramp. You can light Crossbow shot every time using this approach.

Yes, but shots to the drop targets are dangerous. It's definitely the most difficult game I own. It makes AC/DC look easy.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes, but shots to the drop targets are dangerous. It's definitely the most difficult game I own. It makes AC/DC look easy.

Very satisfying to "sweep" these targets. All three at once is a rush. playing the targets can lead to some short games , but if you get Blood Bath going , there is almost nothing you cant get going afterwards.

#14 4 years ago

I thought it would get Christmas code; failing that now who knows . . .

#15 4 years ago

Knowing Lyman, the next code update is going to be huge. I'm expecting some major changes and enhancements to all the modes. That's the one weak thing about the game, at this point. The modes all feel too similar. I'd also really like to see more done with the Woodbury shot. There is a lot of potential there. For starters, the million point shot is the only thing worth going for, and it's always in the same position. I'm hoping Lyman mixes it up with additional choices and more random award placement.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Knock down a drop target when "weapons" insert is lit. Then complete the drop down targets to get the Crossbow Shot lit on the right ramp.
You can light Crossbow shot every time using this approach.
Marcus

Awesome! The code update I made up in my head already exists!

That's the most intuitive thing I could think of. Too busy flailing to pay attention to how I've ever lit it though.

I really love this game. If they complete the code I'll have to buy it!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

Quoted from Xerico:

Sorry, I had to lol at this.

#18 4 years ago

Actually that's such good risk/reward. You can light multikills knocking down the weapon drops, and light crossbow AND make progress towards crossbow multiball.

BUT, shooting only when weapon is lit doesn't make progress towards bloodbath, which requires a full set, supplies, weapons and food, and is a pretty lucrative mode!

Also I can hear the Arena music in my head as Im typing this.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

Also I can hear the Arena music in my head as Im typing this.

Gotta love those guitar riffs! There is so much good music in the game. It really adds to the immersion.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Sorry, I had to lol at this.

Lol Whoops! Guess I should pay more attention when I play!

Edit: That says something about how immersive it is though! (Or how oblivious I am!)

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Gotta love those guitar riffs! There is so much good music in the game. It really adds to the immersion.

Yes! The jarring sound when you get a combo is so satisfying too!

#22 4 years ago

"the jarring sound when you get a combo is so satisfying..."

I think there's a bug with combos only allowing 2-way combos? It broke in v1.19 not sure if anyone notices or is just happy with 2-way, woopie!

#23 4 years ago

I am surprisingly satisfied with the code (for now ). Needs at least one pretty big update for sure, but I'm not annoyed like I was with Metallica.

I have one of the machines where the crossbow can't make the left ramp, so updating that to hit Bicycle Girl instead would be great.

The insert modes (Barn, CDC, etc.) also feel very similar, so doing something a little more varied there would be appreciated.

Also, Woodbury needs work to be interesting...maybe a little story there whereby hitting the rollover/lane shots you progress breaking into the compound, then when you light all the inserts you start a mode to chase down and kill The Governor or burn the place down.

I'm really enjoying it...a solid B game, with the strong possibility of A status with some more fleshing out.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I think there's a bug with combos only allowing 2-way combos?

I definitely had a 3-way combo yesterday. Unfortunately, I can't recall for the life of me what shots I made. There aren't a lot of opportunities for combos on this game because the ramps return the ball to the same flipper.

#25 4 years ago

New guy question - when a company releases a code update, do they advertise it to customers? Is it up to the buyer to check the company website or what?

Thanks!

#26 4 years ago

Who cares, It will come and from I've seen we should just be happy that if you wanted in the last year roughly and with enough cash you could have a STLE, MustangLE, TWDLE and with in a month or 2 Wrestlemania Classic LE. That's saying a lot considering our other options. Ok so code is slow but I would rather have several playable pins with code in the works than nothing.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from AloneMordakai:

New guy question - when a company releases a code update, do they advertise it to customers? Is it up to the buyer to check the company website or what?
Thanks!

So many people are constantly checking Stern's website for code updates, that we will always know shortly after any new code is posted. JJP is more communicative. They always post the update on their forum, and often here as well.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

My head hurts already from all the whining.... You bought it....now sit on your ass and wait for it..... if it doesn't come...get back in the pasture and wait for Stern to release another game so you can buy NIB again and restart the cycle....

Now your giving me a headache.

If it annoys you so much why would you even read the thread when you know it was in regards to code.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Not necessarily - I think there are quite a few people that want to respect the "privacy" of the inside knowledge they may have, and would not create a new topic to blab that info. But if a particular question is asked might provide a helpful answer/hint without sharing too much info.

Ding ding ding

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So many people are constantly checking Stern's website for code updates, that we will always know shortly after any new code is posted. JJP is more communicative. They always post the update on their forum, and often here as well.

Remember Stern had their own forum. I think that lasted about 3 months.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Who cares, It will come and from I've seen we should just be happy that if you wanted in the last year roughly and with enough cash you could have a STLE, MustangLE, TWDLE and with in a month or 2 Wrestlemania Classic LE. That's saying a lot considering our other options. Ok so code is slow but I would rather have several playable pins with code in the works than nothing.

Totally agreed!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Knowing Lyman, the next code update is going to be huge. I'm expecting some major changes and enhancements to all the modes. That's the one weak thing about the game, at this point. The modes all feel too similar. I'd also really like to see more done with the Woodbury shot. There is a lot of potential there. For starters, the million point shot is the only thing worth going for, and it's always in the same position. I'm hoping Lyman mixes it up with additional choices and more random award placement.

Love the game so far, but I agree with Gweem. Modes need a bit more variety to them. And making Woodbury shot advance parts of the game, or start unique modes (rather than just points) would be awesome. Horde and I think LMS (not that I'd know) need to be added. Other things that I'd like to see are:

- GI lighting effects (fading, strobing, white vs red, blackout)
- a bit more balance to the scoring (combos and fishtank are really low)
- bug fix - hits to prison after starting it twice do not seem to register (I hit it about 6 times the third go around and nothing - no advancement, no sound fx like other hits)
- add something to the fishtank hits award. Completing the fishtank is useless (100k) and the red "fishtank" light is always lit (i.e. right ramp shots always advance the FT. If it always does, why even bother having the light). A mode for completing the tank would be nice (with it harder to complete subsequent times)
- clearer indication of the number of WW hits needed to start his multiball
- perhaps give additional walker kills towards LMS when you hit multikill shots (that would make sense as it is a "multi"-kill)
- it would be very cool to have the cross bow ramp shot be the second last shot in a mode, with an actual crossbow shot to a specific shot giving a SJP. That would give a nice extra use for the crossbow and feel very rewarding
- added use of the multi-color RGB arrrow

I expect much of this to be adressed in time. Its a super fun game now with a ton of potential, but most importantly with an outstanding programmer at the helm who cares about finishing his games. Thanks Lyman!

#33 4 years ago

bug fix - hits to prison after starting it twice do not seem to register (I hit it about 6 times the third go around and nothing - no advancement, no sound fx like other hits)

You have to hit the 2 stand up targets on both sides of the prison to activate the prison doors the third time around.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

bug fix - hits to prison after starting it twice do not seem to register (I hit it about 6 times the third go around and nothing - no advancement, no sound fx like other hits)
You have to hit the 2 stand up targets on both sides of the prison to activate the prison doors the third time around.

Didn't know that. Thanks! That helps a lot.

#35 4 years ago

The magnet on the prison has to be fixed on the pro. The ball just drops straight down. Literally not enough of a pulse to get the ball to move away from the magnet.

#36 4 years ago

If you find any bugs, please add them to the community list and let Stern know.
Community list is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kr6oy2ruBvpvqxhegjuOH-9aIQTl6ZHxdEa3yTaYGb4/edit

If you discover rules (I didn't know about Crossbow multiball) please add them to the community Rule Sheet here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aOmSE1l5xGgxbyH0AbRypnnkzIF3GU9bseulZbJc8wM/edit

Thanks!

#37 4 years ago

Making shots with the crossbow is actually really fun. The problem is that the tunnel shot is almost impossible to hit with any type of regularity. It's just too damn tight. If getting crossbow multiball requires hitting all the shots, including the tunnel, it's a mode that will almost never be seen.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I definitely had a 3-way combo yesterday. Unfortunately, I can't recall for the life of me what shots I made. There aren't a lot of opportunities for combos on this game because the ramps return the ball to the same flipper.

I believe these are the combos:

- CDC to Riot (or vice versa)
- Arena to Tunnel (or vice versa)

The latter combo allows you to make as many combos as you want while the former only allows for two way combos.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

I believe these are the combos:
- CDC to Riot (or vice versa)
- Arena to Tunnel (or vice versa)
The latter combo allows you to make as many combos as you want while the former only allows for two way combos.

When I was playing yesterday I hit Arena, Tunnel, Tunnel, Arena. It was damn fun, and damn hard to do. I was just lucky. Seems like you should get some kind of a combo from that, but I guess not.

#40 4 years ago

I've noticed one thing that I would like to see changed on the LE/premium. When BG mode is running, there is a callout that says something like "There's a shitload of points on that ramp!". This is a great callout on the pro, but it doesn't make any sense on the LE because the ramp is up.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've noticed one thing that I would like to see changed on the LE/premium. When BG mode is running, there is a callout that says something like "There's a shitload of points on that ramp!". This is a great callout on the pro, but it doesn't make any sense on the LE because the ramp is up.

How about "smack the bitch with your balls" too much?

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

How about "smack the bitch with your balls" too much?

I love it! My wife, probably not so much ...

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The magnet on the prison has to be fixed on the pro. The ball just drops straight down. Literally not enough of a pulse to get the ball to move away from the magnet.

not true with the most recent code. The one I play rarely ever goes SDTM.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I love it! My wife, probably not so much ...

I think you may be right.

#45 4 years ago

If you get the extra ball shot when ball save is on it does not give you the extra ball.

Indication of the number of WW hits you need to start multiball

The magnet on the prison ball needs to be changed on the pro. 1/4 the time ball just drops straight down.

I do think it needs polishing but this is the most complete code we have seen in a long time on a new game.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

The magnet on the prison ball needs to be changed on the pro. ½ the time ball just drops straight down.

I think the magnet works the exact same on the LE/premium. I don't get that many SDTM drains on my machine, but I do get some. Lyman either needs to change the way the magnet pulses, or add a ball saver. My suggestion would be to do both.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

not true with the most recent code. The one I play rarely ever goes SDTM.

Really? Maybe I have a board issue then with the magnet board.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Really? Maybe I have a board issue then with the magnet board.

Sometimes my prison magnet really moves the ball around, and other times it just sort of drops it. Last night, it flung the ball into the prison zombie scoring a hit, and then it fell SDTM. This definitely needs to be addressed.

#49 4 years ago

Mine usually makes a very slight pulse and falls to the left flipper but not always and it's frustrating when you drain down the middle when you start a mode. Wonder if you can turn the magnet off in adjustments.

#50 4 years ago

Posted in error - disregard.

I was going to suggest may rotating the magnet assembly under the field, then thought NAH. Hit send anyway.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Sale Pending!
Elkhart, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside