Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 472 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Busted_(resized).jpg
    Lawn-Dart_(resized).JPG
    download_(resized).jpg
    Darts_(resized).jpg
    italian_bottom_(resized).jpg
    electronic_darts_event4_(resized).jpg
    gtb3111baffleball2_(resized).jpg
    0ceafa3cecb266e0a816f6af6fce1744dd8fb557_(resized).jpg
    medical--chocolate-chip-cookies_(resized).jpg
    baconsalad_(resized).jpeg
    images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_12_06_fc5a3d9391c5faf88286d91b3ea0c9a7_(resized).jpg
    images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_12_06_fc5a3d9391c5faf88286d91b3ea0c9a7_(resized).jpg
    Unknown-7_(resized).jpeg
    Shaft_(2000_movie_poster)_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    investment_advice_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Circus_Animal:

When will the Stern bubble burst? Hopefully about 0.36 of a second after Pat Lawlor's new game is unveiled. I'm really hoping Heighway can take a substantial chunk out of Stern's market share as well, they seem to be committed to real innovation and keeping prices low.

It amazes me that some people think WOF was a one-off, never to be repeated. That fiasco is always dismissed by Stern's fans as justified 'because they were in financial trouble'. Yet here Stern are a decade later, with the market showing all the signs of a bubble, competition on the horizon for the first time in years, precious few innovations to show for their years of dominance, and STILL releasing games faster than they can code them- all the while experimenting with jacking up prices just to see if customers will pay them. It's a recipe for disaster and soon their profits are going to take a big hit. When they do, what budget items are going to be cut? It won't be physical production or marketing- they bring in money. It will be coding, from here to eternity, and it will make WOF look like a picnic. I wouldn't touch a new Stern with a ten foot pole.

So you want stern to crash to earth within a minute of jjp3 gets unveiled and that visual will make them crumble to their knees? Who knows how long it will take Jjp to bring that to market.

The garbage people post on here shouldn't astound me anymore but it does. Just go play some pinball and have fun, the bitchfest was off the charts today! Congrats to all.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Using Stern history as an indicator it absolutely will be physical production and marketing. Remember the layoffs of 2008? Stern doesn't.
    I wish no ill will towards Stern, it's the buyer's faults. I haven't bought a nib since Oct 2014, and I thought $7200 shipped for an LE was high then.

How much was the Alien you have in your gameroom?

Screen_Shot_2016-01-05_at_4.54.06_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-05_at_4.54.06_AM_(resized).png

#38 8 years ago

Great wartime leaders rarely prosper in peacetime, and the business world is no different.

yes....Australia is clearly the leader on that.

I'm talking about JJP getting this right: launching a complete, groundbreaking, fully functional, fully coded pinball machine with 21st century technology, ready to ship immediately.

Funniest shit Ive read on pinside today, thank you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-the-stern-bubble-burst?tu=centerflank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.