(Topic ID: 33625)

When will the insane pricing end?

By Pimp77

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

600full-sam-elliott.jpg
    graph2.gif
    graph1.gif
    theend.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Opened up my Mr. Pinball ad today and on the top of the list is this:

Banzai Run, 1988 Williams: 11,000 OBO.

Says it's a genuine HUO machine, but c'mon...11G's?? I can't wait until nice Whirlwind's hit 10G's. Damn, that 11K Tron LE is looking like a mighty fine deal right now!

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

when people stop paying insane prices

Quoted from Whysnow:

If you are not buying , then it has stoppped for at least one person...

All true, but if everyone else keeps paying I'm out of this hobby soon.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not to mention, if you want a particular game, and want a really great one. What would a top of the line restoration cost ?

A High End Pins job on Banzai Run would like end up way more than $11K when you add in the price of a base game, all new parts, and labor.

LTG : )

As long as people don't see this ad and start pricing their beater Banzai Runs at 6K or their FT at 5K or their WH2O at 7K...oh wait, that last one already happened.

#51 11 years ago

And there is an 8K Baywatch on Mr. Pinball today. Awesome. I can't wait to see all the local craigslist ads for 4K Baywatches saying its a deal because hey, look at the 8K one!

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Sale prices for TAF as illustrated above are relatively stable.. they're going up only ever-so-slightly.

There is a ~$2000 rise in your chart for TAF on average over presumably the last 2 years if it's the same time frame as the previous chart. That is hardly what I would call "ever-so-slightly".

#109 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

NIB is actually the direct reason why prices shot up so much on the old stuff. In 2007, I bought LOTR NIB shipped from teh factory to my door for $3400 (shipped). Back then, buying a STTNG, or SS or whatever for 3k wasn't worth it, because for $400 more , you can buy a brand new game. 2 years later, sterns decides to double their price on the complete version. So now NIB costs you $5600...then $5800...then $6100. Then $6500...now what is it? Like $6800? So paying 3k for a STTNG (when they were 2k all day long) doesn't seem so bad. Sterns and JJP keep jacking up the price, to see how far they can push the envelope before people finally say...you know what. Fuck you. And wait, until they are clearanced out, because everyone refuses to pay. They could ask 10k right now for games, and there are some that would still pre order the shit. That's why prices have shot up so high the past year.

That is EXACTLY correct IMO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-the-insane-pricing-end?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.