(Topic ID: 198501)

When will the first code drop be for DI?

By tryton1000

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I love my game, but missing animations, weak callout's ect I would love to have some new code that addresses these.. is their a normal time frame or are they done with the code?

Tryton

#2 2 years ago

linked game

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I love my game, but missing animations, weak callout's ect I would love to have some new code that addresses these.. is their a normal time frame or are they done with the code?
Tryton

have you tried turning it on?

#4 2 years ago

Flat out proof that people will never be happy with code, no matter how refined or perfect for the game it is.

#5 2 years ago

I think you are reading into what I was saying.. I'm not complaining about the code.. If it sounded that way then my bad. All I was saying is there are missing animations on the phone and some other things that need to be addressed.. I did not ask for more modes or anything.

#6 2 years ago

IDK, I wouldn't sneeze at better callouts, the current ones are a little timid.

#7 2 years ago

Give it time. I find very little to nitpick about here.

#8 2 years ago

Yea some the people on the phone are not animatied but that nitpicking really...... di has great code overall. It cld use a,few small finishing touches but overall its great. We can all wish for extra camera features and more callouts but the game is better than most pins to date imo.

#9 2 years ago

Wild guess but I think/hope we see one before Expo

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Wild guess but I think/hope we see one before Expo

I hope so, I love the talking animated people on the phone, would love to see that fully fleshed out. As far as the callouts go, it seems like Bally/Williams knew how to Hype it. IT'S SHOWTIME! or

#11 2 years ago

If there isn't enough code, you could always trade it in on a BM66.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I hope so, I love the talking animated people on the phone, would love to see that fully fleshed out. As far as the callouts go, it seems like Bally/Williams knew how to Hype it. IT'S SHOWTIME! or

Call outs are great for di.... its the newscast type callouts and fits theme very well imo

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If there isn't enough code, you could always trade it in on a BM66.

You got me there Bro!

#14 2 years ago

Pretty sure there will be an update to address at least the bugs before long. There's already a pretty good list of bugs, issues, and wishlist items in the bug thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-113-bugs-and-features

#15 2 years ago

I doubt there will be a big update to this game.

When new code does come, I'd much prefer they make things like spider, transit, and drones more relevant. Totally ignorable at the moment.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I doubt there will be a big update to this game.
When new code does come, I'd much prefer they make things like spider, transit, and drones more relevant. Totally ignorable at the moment.

The selfie and emoji modes are also not worth many points and are ignorable. Not knocking the code, but it is not 100% yet more like 95% at the moment.

#17 2 years ago

Man.... I don’t know what to think - I’ve only played on location and the game seems great (I sucked).... I predict Jack knocks it out of the park at the Expo fireside chat - new code for all 3 games, WOZ gets completed, TH gets a huge update and Dialed In 1.5..... fingers crossed!

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Man.... I don’t know what to think - I’ve only played on location and the game seems great (I sucked).... I predict Jack knocks it out of the park at the Expo fireside chat - new code for all 3 games, WOZ gets completed, TH gets a huge update and Dialed In 1.5..... fingers crossed!

I think TH got the hugest update it's going to get for a while with 2.0. I can see Dialed In 1.20 or 1.25, but it's not going to be something that substantial. WoZ still has the daily lockup bug (if you leave it on 24/7 and have a WoZ from like 2014 or before) they haven't addressed. No idea if they ever will.

#19 2 years ago

I'd be surprised if the code gets much of a tweak. Maybe some scoring changes or some bug fixes. I doubt new content will be added. Game is pretty awesome as is.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

The selfie and emoji modes are also not worth many points and are ignorable. Not knocking the code, but it is not 100% yet more like 95% at the moment.

I've always figured those two modes were just for audience appeal. Also, hitting BOB to qualify them makes the left orbit shot easier.

The lottery mode's a _little_ better, but (even with my long arms) the "wave at the camera" thing seems hit-or-miss.

Fun (bug) fact: if you have System Settings/Game Restart set to "SLOW (Allow START button to restart game)", and restart during any of the "Crazy" modes, the mode stays ON until you drain a ball. The emojis or lottery ticket will freeze in (screen-covering) place; the selfies will "drip off" as usual soon during your restarted game.

#21 2 years ago

I would like to see the lotto scratch off idea be implemented in other ways -- I find it quite fun and a brand new way to interact with a pin.

I also think with this being an unlicensed title that in theory could be made for a long time (Or do a run whenever they get enough orders) that updating code and content could help keep up interest in the game.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

The lottery mode's a little_ better, but (even with my long arms) the "wave at the camera" thing seems hit-or-miss.

you can also move your head side to side so as to not take your hands off of the game. the camera is just looking for movement.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

you can also move your head side to side so as to not take your hands off of the game. the camera is just looking for movement.

Thanks for the tip. Turns out I was reaching out too far - a hand wave right in front of my body works much better.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I had a rather portly gentleman playing it. His tummy on the lockdown bar instantly scratched off the whole scratch off ticket.

LTG : )

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I had a rather portly gentleman playing it. His tummy on the lockdown bar instantly scratched off the whole scratch off ticket.
LTG : )

Sadly, I can try that.

#26 2 years ago

\

Quoted from JWJr:Thanks for the tip. Turns out I was reaching out too far - a hand wave right in front of my body works much better.

You can always go into the camera test also and tweek the tracking sensors. It will also give you an idea how much the camera is seeing.

#27 2 years ago

are boss modes as exciting / satisfying as killing the witch in Woz or better?

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

are boss modes as exciting / satisfying as killing the witch in Woz or better?

Generally no. There's no "halfway" boss like melt the witch in WoZ, just two end bosses. The disaster completions are just "you have a SIM card to collect."

For the two end "boss" modes, Armageddon just has pieces of the world falling into a black hole or singularity or something. Showdown (which I haven't finished) is like a video game battle with health bars for you and the tower.

WoZ is still the best and most complete JJP, imo. Dialed In second, and Hobbit...well, it's way back there in my book.

#29 2 years ago

The disaster completions are also your multiplier for Armageddon.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

The disaster completions are also your multiplier for Armageddon.

I thought you had to collect the SIM card for each one, not just finish the disaster...?

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I thought you had to collect the SIM card for each one, not just finish the disaster...?

Correct

#32 2 years ago

Completing the disasters is easy. It's collecting the SIMS you have lit before losing a ball that's HARD.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Completing the disasters is easy. It's collecting the SIMS you have lit before losing a ball that's HARD.

Some the modes are difficult but that dam sim is really difficult... most ive got is 2 lol.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

For some reason I'm having difficulty with both of them...no idea why becasue it should not be that hard. But yes the Sim shot is not getting (uff) dialed in by me like I hoped. The left flipper not making orbits doesn't help either.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Some the modes are difficult but that dam sim is really difficult... most ive got is 2 lol.

You'll get better over time. 6 SIMS is the best I've done, and that was a really hot game. I can't "dial in" the feel for making that sim hole from the upper right flipper. Upper ramp is no problem but that hole is just really hard to do consistently.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

You'll get better over time. 6 SIMS is the best I've done, and that was a really hot game. I can't "dial in" the feel for making that sim hole from the upper right flipper. Upper ramp is no problem but that hole is just really hard to do consistently.

Think I've cashed in maybe 4...it's funny it just feels as hard as Ripley letters do and you need more of them

I'm having a hard time targeting with the left flipper...which is weird. I really think I need to shotgun the entire thing...somethings not right. I swapped out the sleeve and visually inspected it but it still isn't right...holding me back.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Two different paths: collecting the SIM cards after completing the disasters builds toward Showdown, but simply completing them builds the multiplier for Armageddon.

For the SIM card shot, try a bank off the center of the vertical drone rubber from the left flipper.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Two different paths: collecting the SIM cards after completing the disasters builds toward Showdown, but simply completing them builds the multiplier for Armageddon.
For the SIM card shot, try a bank off the center of the vertical drone rubber from the left flipper.

Dur. I somehow glossed completely over the fact that the original post said Armageddon and not Showdown.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside