(Topic ID: 241500)

When Will Stern Pinball Machines Be Online?

By HighProtein

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 235 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by domrod
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When Will Stern Pinball Machines Be Online?”

• 2019 8 votes
      5%
    • 2020 37 votes
      25%
    • 2021 17 votes
      12%
    • By 2030 22 votes
      15%
    • Never... 62 votes
      42%

(146 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mindlink--article_image-1 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).png
    y1ixy (resized).jpg
    giphy da.gif
    pPBMBii.gif
    226FE396-9524-4A9A-9179-B5D377851AC1 (resized).png
    Terminator_Eyes (resized).jpg
    cd (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wildbill327.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 4 years ago

When I was playing Black Ops(zombies) online it was such a satisfying feeling to be on top of a bunch of random people. If someone could figure out a way for online pinball to become that competitive I would be interested. I like playing pinball with my wife and friends but I just can’t get the competition feeling I’m looking for to help push me to the next level. Maybe online pinball gaming will help maybe it won’t.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You don’t like pinball. You like video games. Again - you’re comparing two entirely different types of games. Black ops is DESIGNED to be people vs. people ...you see each other running around in real time, reacting to each other. Pinball is already designed around the concept: you vs. a playfield. Another player on another machine is playing against their playfield. You can’t be playing “each other” on separate playfields. It literally makes no sense.

I never said that online pinball had to exactly like black ops. It sounds like you like to put words in other people’s mouth which is fine if that makes you feel good. I think I like pinball and if anyone would know it would be me. I play in a local league and met a lot of cool people thanks to pinball. I have bought a few cool games in just a few years, so if I don’t like pinball then something is wrong. All I’m saying is just because you don’t understand how online pinball will work doesn’t mean it can’t work. Maybe some day we can play pinball against each other soon...online

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Greg, ever consider running for president?

Maybe if it was 1955 he would have a chance to run for president.

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

This is the default response. I don't understand it. Waiting for someone to explain a functional and fun online pinball game design. I swear, this is like arguing religion....you have FAITH that online pinball is great and can exist. I don't. The onus is on YOU to prove it....but all you can say is that I'm too blind to see it.
    PROVE IT! Fun online game theory, GO.

Turn your pin on... other people turn their pin on..both people connect online both people smile = fun

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s not a game. That’s not design. That’s barely a concept. That’s “wouldn’t it be cool if....” without any thought behind it. You’ve ignored everything I’ve said so far about design, what pinball actually is, and user bases.

Everything starts with a base. Wouldn’t it be cool if...people would let other people have their opinion. I can understand why internet and pinball would scare older folks, kind of like tv screens in pinball. The poll seems to think you’re on the wrong side, but that’s your opinion and it’s all good.

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Ohp, there’s the “youre old and out of touch” crutch once again when someone can’t actually debate their side of the issue intelligently. No one’s “scared” of the fucking internet...I’m probably younger than most people on this forum. We’re talking about fun and function.
    Everyone on Earth uses the internet. We understand how it works & what it’s finctions are. I play online games all the time. I work on a computer all day. You can’t use “old and out of touch” as an insult when we’re talking about PINBALL of all things - an ancient and obsolete game....why does it still exist? Because it’s FUN. Fun trumps tech & good games are forever. Tech is irrelevant when it comes to pinball. It’s engineer mindset vs. creative game developer mindset. Hate to keep piling on P3, but it’s such a perfect example of a tech minded approach vs. a fun minded approach. A solution in search of a problem. It’s a perfect example of “wouldn’t it be cool if.....” ...and ill give it that, it is cool - to an extent. I appreciate the tech behind it...but it doesn’t move the needle in the pinball scene/hobby at all.

Man you you must really have high blood pressure after writing this. I never said you were scared of the internet... again putting words in my mouth. I simply said that pinball and internet could scare the older crowd two completely different subjects. I really don’t have time to try to make you see what I see or even would want to. I’m just stating my opinion and it’s as simple as that. How about you explain why the pole is pointing to internet and pinball...?

#209 4 years ago

Can’t wait to play pinball online

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wildbill327.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-stern-pinball-machines-be-online?tu=Wildbill327 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.