Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Tubes
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ghostbusters.png
    Bill-Murray-Caddyshack-Baby-Ruth.jpg
    Ghostbusters-15.jpg
    rs_1024x759-150709165347-1024.Melissa-McCarthy-Kate-McKinnon-Kristen-Wiig-Leslie-Jones-Ghostbusters.ms.070915.jpg
    tomorrow.jpg
    image.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    straight-outta-compton.jpg
    download.jpg
    Unknown.jpeg
    Game-of-Thrones-Houses-infographic-Westeros-101-f.jpg
    There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 8 years ago

When should Stern's next title be announced?

Thanks

#3 8 years ago

Yeah end of September for show at Expo.

#4 8 years ago

Does it really matter? Who has 7k for stock or 10k for LE, and being in Canada add another couple of K for exchange rate.

#5 8 years ago

Ok thanks

#6 8 years ago

Yikes!

#7 8 years ago

Let's enjoy the current one for a while...

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from silverball0:

Does it really matter? Who has 7k for stock or 10k for LE, and being in Canada add another couple of K for exchange rate.

Ouf I ear ya

#9 8 years ago

Im pretty sure TWD was announced August last year.

#10 8 years ago

Stern is on a small run of duds for me, so I'm looking forward to the next announcement.

#11 8 years ago

Yeah even if it is a really cool pin I won't get it because of the exchange rate. I would have to sell my entire collection just to get it

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Let's enjoy the current one for a while...

What are the odds the theme of the next one will actually be "current" ?

#13 8 years ago

I've been told short run of met premium and another small batch of iron man ve then new game in the next month or so

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What are the odds the theme of the next one will actually be "current" ?

Game of Thrones is current. So is Jurassic World if that pans out. Ghostbusters? Sort of.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Game of Thrones is current.

5 years into the series would make that very current by todays pinball standards.

#16 8 years ago

Jaws, Ghosterbusters for old school would be cool and would love a Fast n Furious

#17 8 years ago

it has been a few days since a new VE thread popped up so lets just discuss it here

#18 8 years ago

So any rumors on when we can expect an LCD!

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Jurassic World if that pans out

Why ? Ughhhh.

#20 8 years ago

Get acquainted with the characters quickly!

Game-of-Thrones-Houses-infographic-Westeros-101-f.jpgGame-of-Thrones-Houses-infographic-Westeros-101-f.jpg

#21 8 years ago

I really don't care when they announce the next title. Or what it will be.

Why?

Because I'm still waiting for them to finish the last 4-5 titles.

#22 8 years ago

Everybody knows it's Muppets then Angry Birds.

#23 8 years ago

I wonder what percentage of pinball people watch Game of Thrones, just curious how popular it is in this culture.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Everybody knows it's Muppets then Angry Birds.

I thought it was my little pony?

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Get acquainted with the characters quickly!

The hillbiily doing the callouts will never die!

#26 8 years ago

From what I've heard from reliable sources, the next title will be announced by September, and the order of new titles will supposedly be Game Of Thrones (Dwight Sullivan leading the code), then Spider-Man VE (rumored to sell at the Premium price point with comic art, unique armor, & revised Wizard Mode code), then Jurassic World by Trudeau by early 2016.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Game of Thrones is current. So is Jurassic World if that pans out. Ghostbusters? Sort of.

I heard a rumor that Ozzy was to have a cameo in the new Ghostbusters.

#28 8 years ago

This is the first I heard of Jurassic World. Not very interested though. Extremely interested in Game of Thrones because I love the show. I wonder if they will worry about spoilers.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

This is the first I heard of Jurassic World. Not very interested though. Extremely interested in Game of Thrones because I love the show. I wonder if they will worry about spoilers.

Supposedly GoT is LCD screen, Jurassic World is standard DMD. Which sounds weird right? Who wants a game that goes backwards after that? Unless GoT has sticker shock and JW is cheaper or something.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Jaws, Ghosterbusters for old school would be cool and would love a Fast n Furious

The more I think about it... I really kinda see another company picking up JAWS and that's IF it even happens. I'd love Stern to do this title but I'm not positive they would. Heighway, or JJP IMO would be a more likely candidate to proceed with JAWS... ya never know, hopefully someone produces it. Personally I've never seen GOT, and seems to be the general consensus that it's coming soon as a pin...but everyone certainly has their dream pin. Lots of Iron Maiden talk... yet not available, again Jaws had lots of buzz and committed buyers but still no pin. I think that Jaws out of majority of the rumored pins would hold up more overtime in terms of the theme.

Stern (or whoever) if they made a Jaws pin it would be an instant classic.

Ultimately I'm surprised you don't really see that much people talking about another new Star Wars pin coming, being EP 7 is somewhat around the corner. Although it's been rumored that JJP has acquired the license.

I would really love for them to make a revamped Back To The Future Pin, and release it on Oct. 21st 2015.

#31 8 years ago

So, we're in the "when's the next announcement?" phase of the cycle again, eh?

Wonder if we'll work in some more "where's the code" before the inevitable "zOMG they announced ___; Sell all ur A-list games and buy buy buy!"

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Supposedly GoT is LCD screen, Jurassic World is standard DMD. Which sounds weird right? Who wants a game that goes backwards after that? Unless GoT has sticker shock and JW is cheaper or something.

Wha? That WOULD be weird.

I was thinking that Stern has been ramping up the prices in order to lay a foundation for the future (Spike, new factory, LCD) so when the LCD stuff ships it's at most an average bump in cost.

I understand that the BOM is a little higher and they've got extra headcount because of the new motion graphics guys, but I'm not expecting a big cost increase unless this thing is absolutely loaded to the gills in terms of licensed assets and physical mechs.

Hoping I'm not wrong about the price. Also hoping they don't shit the bed with the theme like they did with TWD.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

Wonder if we'll work in some more "where's the code"

I was thinking today how the only time I played the Avengers was at Joe's Playground in NH. Everytime I would launch, two balls would come out and when I drained one, the flippers went dead till the other ball drained. This happened for all three balls. I thought that was normal till my friend played and it didn't do it for him. Maybe they can put that in the new code for Avengers.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Although it wouldn't surprise me if they did something like that, just to say, "JJP are not the only ones who can pull this off". I remember thinking, "Wow" after seeing the Star Trek light show and then thinking, "I guess WOZ is not that special after all"......only to be highly disappointed when Mustang came out.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

One more reason it would make more sense for JW to come out now/soon and GoT to come out winter/spring.

Not that making sense ever had much to do with it.

Quoted from aingide:

I understand that the BOM is a little higher

BOM should be lower for an LCD. Economy of scale. Its the art production that costs a lot more.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Ultimately I'm surprised you don't really see that much people talking about another new Star Wars pin coming, being EP 7 is somewhat around the corner. Although it's been rumored that JJP has acquired the license.

Listening to Jacks seminar at ReplayFX, I got the impression that they did not get that license.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Listening to Jacks seminar at ReplayFX, I got the impression that they did not get that license.

Right on, he was quite negative about the idea.

#38 8 years ago

Game of Thrones is HUGE. The world wide popularity is at an all time high. This to me is the best, most current theme available right now. Sort of like Harry Potter would have been five years ago...

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Game of Thrones is HUGE. The world wide popularity is at an all time high. This to me is the best, most current theme available right now. Sort of like Harry Potter would have been five years ago...

You're right that GoT is more popular than ever, but it is still a shadow of the popularity of Jurassic World. JW broke $1 billion at the box office in two weeks. GoT finales have viewerships of 8 million (to compare, assume each GoT finale viewer bought a $8 movie ticket, which is $64 million).

You could make a compelling argument that being an ongoing series GoT is more likely to have sustaining interest than a one-off film. But when you consider the record-breaking success of JW that was a huge 14 year gap from the previous entry in the series also proves that JP is about as evergreen an IP as they come.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Yes, I am a bit hyped for this release. I was pumped for a Walking Dead release, but it left me feeling a bit flat (until I played one) when it was unveiled. The same goes for KISS. I'm imagining Game of Thrones as a full color LCD Lord of the Rings (and The Hobbit) killer all rolled into one.

As for Jurassic World....I see big box office dollars, but don't care for the theme at all. I saw the movie at the cinema and now it has passed. I've watched the entire seasons of Game of Thrones over the years and still enjoy it to this day.

#41 8 years ago

I bet there is an announcement of the next game around Lanor Day.

#42 8 years ago

How sweet will it be to see some of this on your GOT?

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

From what I've heard from reliable sources, the next title will be announced by September, and the order of new titles will supposedly be Game Of Thrones (Dwight Sullivan leading the code), then Spider-Man VE (rumored to sell at the Premium price point with comic art, unique armor, & revised Wizard Mode code), then Jurassic World by Trudeau by early 2016.

Sounds like whatever titles are coming up they will be costly.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Sounds like whatever titles are coming up they will be costly.

Insert video of Kevin Arnold's dad grumbling about death and taxes....Ahhh a full color LCD Wonder Years pin. Somebody make a note of this.

You are right, constant price rises....reaching insanity point.

And yes, Centreflank, an Always Sunny pin.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

And yes, Centreflank, an Always Sunny pin.

Should just re-theme something into a Sunny. What would be a good candidate? Something no one wants to play.....

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Stern is on a small run of duds for me, so I'm looking forward to the next announcement.

Quarter gave you a thumbs down but only because you said "small" run of duds.

#47 8 years ago

Motley Crue to be announced shortly?...only heard classic rock band was coming soon, but Motley Crue makes some sense with this being their last tour ever...

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Motley Crue to be announced shortly?...only heard classic rock band was coming soon, but Motley Crue makes some sense with this being their last tour ever...

Back to back music pins is very unlikely.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

You're right that GoT is more popular than ever, but it is still a Shadow of the popularity of Jurassic World. JW broke $1 billion at the box office in two weeks. GoT finales have viewerships of 8 million (to compare, assume each GoT finale viewer bought a $8 movie ticket, which is $64 million).
    You could make a compelling argument that being an ongoing series GoT is more likely to have sustaining interest than a one-off film. But when you consider the record-breaking success of JW that was a huge 14 year gap from the previous entry in the series also proves that JP is about as evergreen an IP as they come.

Sorry but no way it'll be JP. Feel free to quote me.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Back to back music pins is very unlikely.

Yeah, we'll probably have to wait at least six months for REO Speedwagon.

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-stern-announce-their-next-title-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.