(Topic ID: 13408)

When will Stern announce their next title?

By kmoore88

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Anyone have the scoop on "when" Stern will announce their next title? Based on past release cycles it would seem to be coming up soon.....

#2 12 years ago

Answering my own question.

from another thread:

Quoted from mnpinball:

The Pro is suppose to get ready to build end of April for overseas like the normal cycle of games production. I do know the official announcement will be in mid April or so.

#3 12 years ago

It is Avengers IMHO.

SIAFI.

#4 12 years ago

Thet sure do seem to tease.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

Anyone have the scoop on "when" Stern will announce their next title? Based on past release cycles it would seem to be coming up soon.....

Mid to late April

#6 12 years ago

Would anyone be surprised if it wasn't the Avengers?

#7 12 years ago

Adding on to that..How long was it after the LE and Pro versions were announced that the premium was added.
    I wonder if that is the new trend?
    I want all the features at the lowest price : )

#8 12 years ago

Avengers may actually be cool. I'm still hoping for a WWE machine or an Incrediables one.

#9 12 years ago

Why can't they just make pins without movie themes like they used to?

#10 12 years ago

I read some thread or interview excert or something about that movie subject. Apparently, the majority of games are sold overseas and there isn't much of a market if they aren't tied to anything. Most every country likes our movies... well the baazar bootleg copies of our movies. So that makes them much, much easier to sell.

Apparently, the licensing for the pinball machines doesn't cost so much either. Maybe 10% or less of the price?? I'm not sure on the exact figures.

#11 12 years ago

With a licensed theme Gary can presell their games overseas without the dealers even seeing them.

I've watched a couple of Gary's speeches at shows, and when you listen to him, what he says and does makes sense from a business point of view...

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Why can't they just make pins without movie themes like they used to?

ACDC wasn't a movie theme, but be warned, there was a brief glimpse of two pictures in Steve Ritchie's making of ACDC video when Mark Galvez is talking. One of Bane and one of the Avengers - Two future releases perhaps? Dark Knight Rises and Avengers...

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from teachp8:

One of Bane and one of the Avengers - Two future releases perhaps? Dark Knight Rises and Avengers...

sold and sold!!

#14 12 years ago

I honestly don't see a Dark Knight Rises pin in the near future. Just a Bane toy to BDK and you're good to go.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-stern-announce-their-next-title and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.