Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by westofrome
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whoa nellie melons.jpg
    walking-dead115-second-printing.jpg
    godzillawave.gif
    576px-Early_Pinball.jpg
    godzilla 2.gif
    image-15.jpg
    pushead.jpg
    liveafterdeath1920x1200.jpg
    iron_maiden_eddie__with_video__by_darthmischee-d6h3hnq.png
    somewhere_back_in_time_43.jpg
    walking_dead_banner.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grendel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

How on earth do you not like GNR or Metallica or ACDC music? Sure I am not the biggest fan but to not like them is hard to believe.

Not everyone likes buttrock. I grew up on those bands, but I graduated high school over 10 years ago now. All the guys I know who are still HS/college age listen to Kanye. He'd be a good choice for a theme if Stern didn't need to sell in Europe.

I'd love a death or black metal pin, but I'll take Maiden since that'd never happen. Thrash and those subgenres wouldn't exist without them. It would also be a good excuse for DD to cram pirates, zombies, and mummies all in one game.

#130 9 years ago
    Quoted from dt3:

- Younger players have been raised on console games. A theme like Halo or Call of Duty could draw tons of first time players. A Super Smash Bros theme would offer all that 80s/90s nostalgia while still staying current.
    - The music themes work out well but the rock/metal is quickly getting played out. Rap/HipHop is too polarizing (though I would love a Kanye machine if only for the call outs). If only there was another genre of music that was growing faster than ever and lent itself well to fast paced action... Oh wait.... There is... EDM (electronic dance music). I don't know if one dj has built his brand up to the point where he could carry the theme on his own but Deadmau5, Skrillex, or Tiesto are all pretty close. Hell, they don't even need to pay the licensing fee, make it a generic club/dj theme and make the real star of the machine the lighting and technical effects.

These are basically what I wanna see. I don't think Nintendo would float too well nowadays, but CoD, Blizzard, and LoL/DotA2 would do really damn well. If they still want to break into the Chinese market, LoL is a no-brainer and it would do well worldwide. Although, I guess literally anything would do better than BBH.

Either Skrillex or Deadmau5 is big enough to carry a table on their own, but having an opening act mode or gimmick would be pretty sweet. Using wobble bass for the pops is a given, I'd think.

I could see Gary looking at anything outside his comfort zone as a huge risk, so maybe they could retheme an older game that pinheads want to see a rerun of. Maybe IM?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grendel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-stern-announce-the-next-game?tu=Grendel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.