Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by westofrome
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whoa nellie melons.jpg
    walking-dead115-second-printing.jpg
    godzillawave.gif
    576px-Early_Pinball.jpg
    godzilla 2.gif
    image-15.jpg
    pushead.jpg
    liveafterdeath1920x1200.jpg
    iron_maiden_eddie__with_video__by_darthmischee-d6h3hnq.png
    somewhere_back_in_time_43.jpg
    walking_dead_banner.jpg
    There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 10 years ago

Balky LE. lol

#52 10 years ago

Family Matters

Urkle Premium and

Carl and Urkle Bruce Lee mode LE

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Balky LE. lol

That's perfect strangers not bosom buddies. Come on dude.

#54 10 years ago

Is Borg doing the next pin (hopefully Walking Dead)? If so, my collection is goin to be almost 50% Borg (IM, Xmen LE, Met LE, plus possibly WD). I like his games, but I'm a fan of variety so something may have to go.

#55 10 years ago

Garbage pale kids

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Balky LE. lol

Play this perfect strangers game:

http://nothingsgonnastopmenow.com/

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

That's perfect strangers not bosom buddies. Come on dude.

Another show I neglected to watch. lol. We was too busy back then.
    But I did take in some Facts of Life if that will make you feel better.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from MTC4U:

Oh hell no! Metallica never had distinct trademark art which defined them as a band. Iron Maiden does! So should a Maiden pin be made, Dirty Donny should keep his dirty hands off it! Let the orginal artists do the art or even copy the art. But don't change it!

...I always figured it was about the music

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

With no radio play Iron Maiden is huge, that's gotta tell you something.

You can say the same thing about Insane Clown Posse.

#60 10 years ago

I asked Borg at TPF. He said this was his next game, a cousin of Tron.

#61 10 years ago

Music is totally subjective. I'm not an Iron Maiden fan. I wouldn't consider the pin.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You can say the same thing about Insane Clown Posse.

I seen ICP live in concert once not by choice as they opened for another band I did go to see.
    Funniest shit I ever saw, it was like the hip hop rap version of GWAR. They spray the audience with 2 liters of cola. Nuts !!

#63 10 years ago

Maiden solos for multiballs would be awesome. Art could be one of the best evar on a pin.

Whatever happens sure hope this year Stern will produce more than 2 pins.

Last year we only had Metallica and Star Trek. But the year before that x-men, ac/dc and avengers.

Hope it's a 3 pins year cause so far we have Mustang and ......well next please

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I seen ICP live in concert once not by choice as they opened for another band I did go to see.
    Funniest shit I ever saw, it was like the hip hop rap version of GWAR. They spray the audience with 2 liters of cola. Nuts !!

Faygo Multiball!!!!!!!

ICP is my guilty pleasure....they're funny as hell. I don't think I could handle a concert, though...my brother wrestles at their Gathering of the Juggalos

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I asked Borg at TPF. He said this was his next game, a cousin of Tron.

2nd time I've heard this, to me that points to the movies Gamer, or Matrix. I'm gonna go ahead and guess Matrix.

#66 10 years ago

I kind of hope TWD is next...with original artwork.

I'd like to see if the Pinside servers could handle all the posts from folks who've been wanting one so badly.

It would be nice to see a theme like that announced that would elicit pure rapture from so many in the hobby.

And it would give me more time to prepare for the arrival of Maiden in 2015.

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Garbage pale kids

Already done, but renamed "Metallica" at the last minute when the licensing came through

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

I kind of hope TWD is next...with original artwork.
    I'd like to see if the Pinside servers could handle all the posts from folks who've been wanting one so badly.
    It would be nice to see a theme like that announced that would elicit pure rapture from so many in the hobby.
    And it would give me more time to prepare for the arrival of Maiden in 2015.

Star Trek was that dream theme for many. Not me, wasn't a fan of the new movies breaking the cannon (don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the new movies just fine...just made it not a dream theme for me).

According the Gary's speech at the TPF they knew Mustang wasn't a theme that would be gushed over by the hard core collectors but were trying to tap a new audience, which is good.

#69 10 years ago

June!

My guess is a Mix Rock Music Pinball and Dirty Donny on Art,Band like Van Halen,Bon Jovi,CCR,Nirvana stuff like that...

I hope it's Maiden or a custom pin with DD artwork with some custom toys!

#70 10 years ago

I think Stern should do a combo music / sci fi theme. Nirvana saves the world from Zombie attack with their music or something. You would get a music pin with some original theming. Win win win.

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think Stern should do a combo music / sci fi theme. Nirvana saves the world from Zombie attack with their music or something. You would get a music pin with some original theming. Win win win.

Kurt would obviously have to be in zombie form for that theory.

#72 10 years ago

Kurt was not a zombie guy. He would have hated the zombie chic thing.

#73 10 years ago

Never know! I like stuff now that I hated 15 years ago.

edit : also the reverse.

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, Iron Maiden will be one of the most polarizing themes they could do, but it seems that there are hundreds of pinheads that are fanatic fans of the band. The latest rumors are that Iron Maiden is coming.
    I agree regarding mainstream radio, and I honestly don't recall having heard an Iron Maiden song on the radio in the last 15 years. AC/DC gets a fair amount of everyday coverage including commercial use. Metallica probably a little less than that.

Same goes for finding a pinball machine in a bar or outside area for entertainment. Yet still popular to some of us who buy collect and play these games still today. Point being radio these days does not determine what is great or made for a pin. In turn Iron Maiden will be a huge hit when done like I have said numerous times before. My guess not until 2015 with next tour. Hence my favorite band Motörhead which I'll see next Tuesday never gets any radio play as well. Not the best fit for a pin to sell worldwide like Maiden but still a great band that will be remembered without radio play and album after album. WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD and we play rock n roll.

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

The first few threads after Stern Mustang was announced had numerous people posting how they weren't interested, the theme was "meh", or some other negative attitude about the game. As I was wondering why they wouldn't at least give it a chance to see if the gameplay was really good, I realized that theme matters a lot to me, too. There is no chance that I will ever get a pin that features a band whose music I don't like (and I don't like Guns 'n' Roses, Metallica, or AC/DC). Conversely, my wife and I own four Mustangs, so I was immediately interested in a Stern Mustang pin.
    Every thread like this one, with people speculating on what the theme of the next pin out will be, shows just how much a person's like for the game's theme will pre-dispose them to buy the game. Since knowing only the title or theme of an upcoming game precludes knowing anything at all about how it will look or play, and some people will swear they are "in" after just hearing the theme (be it Walking Dead ot Iron Maiden or whatever), it seems that theme is of primary interest to a lot of people.
    Besides being interested in the Mustang pin because of owning four Mustangs, I also own nine electric guitars including 5 Fender Stratocasters. How about the next pin feature the Stratocaster in cab and translight artwork and have an eclectic music soundtrack featuring various artists well-known for playing a Strat? This could include fabulous guitar players such as Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Dick Dale, Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits, Buddy Guy, etcetera. (On second thought, don't make a Stratocaster pin because I would have to buy it and I can't afford another pin.)

How on earth do you not like GNR or Metallica or ACDC music? Sure I am not the biggest fan but to not like them is hard to believe.

#76 10 years ago

Slash plays a mean Strat. I like Fenders also. I grew up around them. Literally. Bring on the Strat Pack!

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Same goes for finding a pinball machine in a bar or outside area for entertainment. Yet still popular to some of us who buy collect and play these games still today. Point being radio these days does not determine what is great or made for a pin. In turn Iron Maiden will be a huge hit when done like I have said numerous times before. My guess not until 2015 with next tour. Hence my favorite band Motörhead which I'll see next Tuesday never gets any radio play as well. Not the best fit for a pin to sell worldwide like Maiden but still a great band that will be remembered without radio play and album after album. WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD and we play rock n roll.

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

How on earth do you not like GNR or Metallica or ACDC music? Sure I am not the biggest fan but to not like them is hard to believe.

Not everyone likes buttrock. I grew up on those bands, but I graduated high school over 10 years ago now. All the guys I know who are still HS/college age listen to Kanye. He'd be a good choice for a theme if Stern didn't need to sell in Europe.

I'd love a death or black metal pin, but I'll take Maiden since that'd never happen. Thrash and those subgenres wouldn't exist without them. It would also be a good excuse for DD to cram pirates, zombies, and mummies all in one game.

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

When the next Terminator movie comes out

Genesis supposedly is the title.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from SteveP3:

Fingers crossed for Bosom Buddies or The Greatest American Hero!

How about Alf.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from halpain24:

2nd time I've heard this, to me that points to the movies Gamer, or Matrix. I'm gonna go ahead and guess Matrix.

I was kidding.....hence the Automan video.

#82 10 years ago

Donnie could do a Fantastic job on a Ren & Stimpy pin

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I was kidding.....hence the Automan video.

I took the video as the joke but assumed the statement was true, as previously it was stated by someone that Borg had said "If you like Tron you will like the new Stern" ----my bad

#84 10 years ago

The new Godzilla might make a great pin.
    A while ago didn't someone check a Copyright website, or something, to see that Stern got the Star Trek Copyright?

#85 10 years ago

Ive never seen the show, but TWD with borg, DD, and the guys that coded xmen would be a nib purchase for me

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Slash plays a mean Strat.

I didn't list him because Slash most often plays (and is pictured with) a Gibson Les Paul.
    Not that I have anything against Gibsons - I also own two Les Pauls.

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

and the guys that coded xmen would be a nib purchase for me

I love seeing the respect XMen gets after that last code update. Totally well deserved and Stern got XMen right.

#88 10 years ago
    Quoted from halpain24:

I took the video as the joke but assumed the statement was true, as previously it was stated by someone that Borg had said "If you like Tron you will like the new Stern" ----my bad

Spooky. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.

#89 10 years ago

Borgie told me his next pin is The Golden Girls.

#90 10 years ago

Crossing my fingers for The Walking Dead....

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Crossing my fingers for The Walking Dead....

Me too! Huge fan!!

#92 10 years ago

How about a RUSH pinball???!!!!!!

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

The new Godzilla might make a great pin.
    A while ago didn't someone check a Copyright website, or something, to see that Stern got the Star Trek Copyright?

On Stern's FB-page there is now some sort of a Godzilla-type poster posted.

#96 10 years ago

Its a limited t-shirt on their newly relaunched merchant site

#97 10 years ago

What's the current rumor on whether the LCD will be released with this next game? Yay or nay?

#98 10 years ago

The rumor is that the LCD will be in the new Premium/LE models with DMD's to remain in Pro models for the next few years. Despite the lower cost of LCD's the sales of Prem/LE models with LCD's will allow recent higher prices of these tables to continue unchecked.

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from Don1:

The rumor is that the LCD will be in the new Premium/LE models with DMD's to remain in Pro models for the next few years. Despite the lower cost of LCD's the sales of Prem/LE models with LCD's will allow recent higher prices of these tables to continue unchecked.

Gosh . . . that would work to sell out of LE's immediately. A good theme with an LCD screen and fixed limited numbers would cause absolute panic on the LE's if they didn't do a premium too . . . talk about super heating the collectors market should that move be made.

#100 10 years ago

Programming nightmare. Code will be a huge issue as if it has not been already : (

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-stern-announce-the-next-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.