Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by westofrome
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whoa nellie melons.jpg
    walking-dead115-second-printing.jpg
    godzillawave.gif
    576px-Early_Pinball.jpg
    godzilla 2.gif
    image-15.jpg
    pushead.jpg
    liveafterdeath1920x1200.jpg
    iron_maiden_eddie__with_video__by_darthmischee-d6h3hnq.png
    somewhere_back_in_time_43.jpg
    walking_dead_banner.jpg
    There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 10 years ago

No real interest in Mustang, though I wouldn't mind playing.

When will the next game be announced? Summer? Fall?

Any informed guess on the theme?

#2 10 years ago

As soon as the next update for Monopoly is released with the long-awaited Community Chest feature, celebrating the game's 30th anniversary in 2031

#3 10 years ago

I wish thinking after they sold their 10th Mustang LE.

#4 10 years ago

I would guess right before the new season of the walking dead starts

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from MRG:

I would guess right before the new season of the walking dead starts

I hope so, and not. I don't have any pins I want to sell.

#6 10 years ago

Generally, it is at least 3 months after they start shipping a game.
    So, I will venture to say, July 20th will be the next game announcement.

#7 10 years ago

walking_dead_banner.jpgwalking_dead_banner.jpg

3rd 1/4

#8 10 years ago

When the next Terminator movie comes out

#9 10 years ago

I would say late May early June, hoping something great.

#10 10 years ago

The next pin will be released alongside the epic reimagining of Blade Runner. Starring Shia Labeouf as Rick Deckard, Snookie as Rachel and Lance Bass as Roy batty!

#11 10 years ago

we should see some rumors soon

#12 10 years ago

Whatever it is, new is good and it will likely be fun for sometime.

Looking for a mirrored backglass on the next LE, not a translite (as indicated for the Mustang LE). Lower the price please. Keep it up the fun!! Add more spot lights, and add stereo.

BTW: Link the Mustang LE's as GG did with NBA Fastbreak....so much more fun!! Think of it..... Sunday, Sunday Sunday, at Oswego Drag Raceway...Big Daddy Don Garlits, Don The Snake Prudhome....

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Whatever it is, new is good and it will likely be fun for sometime.
    Looking for a mirrored backglass on the next LE, not a translite (as indicated for the Mustang LE). Lower the price please. Keep it up the fun!! Add more spot lights, and add stereo.
    BTW: Link the Mustang LE's as GG did with NBA Fastbreak....so much more fun!! Think of it..... Sunday, Sunday Sunday, at Oswego Drag Raceway...Big Daddy Don Garlits, Don The Snake Prudhome....

Can they be linked in the same way for head to head play? Is it coded for that and timed play?

#14 10 years ago

I would like a horror theme. Evil Dead

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

3rd 1/4

walking_dead_banner.jpg 39 KB

Well, unless it plays like a dog, this theme is one I've got to have! Please no Iron Maiden.

Walking Dead should be a huge seller……they will need it after Mustang although I'm assuming Ford has underwritten a big chunk of that project.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Well, unless it plays like a dog, this theme is one I've got to have! Please no Iron Maiden.
    Walking Dead should be a huge seller……they will need it after Mustang although I'm assuming Ford has underwritten a big chunk of that project.

I've heard several people speculate about Ford footing some of the bill. I don't see it happening but who knows, I guess we could find out since ford is public ally traded. No one ever thinks Disney pays to have machines made.

I totally agree, walking dead would be a cool theme.

#17 10 years ago

No one has predicted Mustang being re-themed as Camero FGY/Shrek style.

#18 10 years ago

Stern can close its doors now as STLE cannot be topped. hehe

#19 10 years ago

STERN has DR.FLASH on the pay role now . In the next year I would also dig Forbidden Planet

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I would like a horror theme. Evil Dead » YouTube video

Right on!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from chad123:

Stern can close its doors now as STLE cannot be topped. hehe

I like the game, but can't be stopped is an overstatement. I hope they continue to aim higher.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Can they be linked in the same way for head to head play? Is it coded for that and timed play?

Hey TM, No idea if they will be linked. Threw that out there hoping the car themed pinball machine could be linked with another machine for head-to-head race style competition. GG made a good game in the NBA Fastbreak and took it to another level when they are linked. So much fun to be side by side with a friend elbowing each other as the game points are being made and the time clock is ticking down to the buzzer. Linked machines mix it up, and that I find to be a good thing. Racing your friend in a linked pair of machines seems to have more potential than a single pinball machine that is not linked. All the best.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ozzie:

No real interest in Mustang, though I wouldn't mind playing.
    When will the next game be announced? Summer? Fall?
    Any informed guess on the theme?

Reports all suggest Walking Dead - Dirty Donnie was confirmed for doing the artwork.

- I do not think you hire Dirty Donnie for a pin that is not the Walking Dead

Mustang is a great game. It has really been growing on me. In fact, for the first time in years I play Tron much less and seem to be playing quite a bit of Mustang. The game is on par with Iron Man in terms of speed and punishing shots. I highly recommend people seek it out and give it a try.

#24 10 years ago

About the time Paul Di'Anno teams up with Iron Maiden for the big reunion tour.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

3rd 1/4

walking_dead_banner.jpg 39 KB

Borgie doing it? Walking Dead sounds good especially if done with comic book stuff.

#26 10 years ago

After AC/DC and Metallica I would love to see Iron Maiden made by Stern. Not only would they be the next logical band based theme, but their music is also much more suitable for a fast flow based game. Of course opinions in music and taste may differ, (too each their own) but I think the artwork on the playfield, cabinet etc. would be awsome! Eddie would also make a great (bash)toy.

Choose your translite

iron_maiden_eddie__with_video__by_darthmischee-d6h3hnq.pngiron_maiden_eddie__with_video__by_darthmischee-d6h3hnq.png liveafterdeath1920x1200.jpgliveafterdeath1920x1200.jpg somewhere_back_in_time_43.jpgsomewhere_back_in_time_43.jpg
    #27 10 years ago

Why not get artists that actually drew the comic, to do the WD pin. I like Donnie's art and he is a nice guy, but his style doesn't fit WD, IMO.

#28 10 years ago

If Dirty Donny does the Iron Maiden art are you going to be happy?

#29 10 years ago

I'd love to see Aerosmith.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Oh hell no! Metallica never had distinct trademark art which defined them as a band. Iron Maiden does! So should a Maiden pin be made, Dirty Donny should keep his dirty hands off it! Let the orginal artists do the art or even copy the art. But don't change it!

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I have a feeling some people may end up disappointed. I have been anticipating DD being tied to an Iron Maiden pin since the pictures came out of DD and Gary and working on non-Met stuff.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I have a feeling some people may end up disappointed.

I know that feeling. We'll see!

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from MTC4U:

Oh hell no! Metallica never had distinct trademark art which defined them as a band. Iron Maiden does! So should a Maiden pin be made, Dirty Donny should keep his dirty hands off it! Let the orginal artists do the art or even copy the art. But don't change it!

Untrue. Pushead did a majority of Metallica's artwork. Donnie's stuff is relatively new for Metallica

#34 10 years ago

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Pushead+Metallica&Form=IRTRRL

Very different from Donnie's stuff.

Donnie's art style would be a home run on a White Zombie pin!

#35 10 years ago

Why should graphic art define a band anyway? All the groups I ever liked/like have been defined by their music rather than their album covers.

#36 10 years ago

If all you want is sound, you're looking for a jukebox. If you want a pin, you need to have art that identifies with the band or pictures of their likeness. the visual art aspect of pinball is a huge consideration!

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from MTC4U:

Oh hell no! Metallica never had distinct trademark art which defined them as a band.

Personally I always associate Metallica with Pushead. Including the hammer image that made the game toy.

pushead.jpgpushead.jpg

#38 10 years ago

Like I said, I met Donnie at a couple events and he is a very nice guy. I think he is an extremely talented artist. But when the images leaked and I saw it was not Pushead's art, I immediately knew that the Metallica pin would never be in my collection.

I'm not the biggest Iron Maiden fan, but Eddie is such an iconic character. If they do this pin and don't get the original artist, they better hire a damned good copycat or they aren't going to sell a lot of machines.

#39 10 years ago

Why does every thread have to have Iron Maiden pushed into it?

There are two songs by Iron Maiden played once and a while on the major rock stations in the Detroit area, The Number of the Beast, and Run to the Hills. Most people do not even know those two songs. Now don't get me wrong where I live is just a small sample size, but the Detroit area is a huge rock radio market.

Stern picks titles with popularity beyond a fanatical fan base. How many casual Iron Maiden fans are there compared to AC/DC, RS, or Met?

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Why does every thread have to have Iron Maiden pushed into it?
    There are two songs by Iron Maiden played once and a while on the major rock stations in the Detroit area, The Number of the Beast, and Run to the Hills. Most people do not even know those two songs. Now don't get me wrong where I live is just a small sample size, but the Detroit area is a huge rock radio market.
    Stern picks titles with popularity beyond a fanatical fan base. How many casual Iron Maiden fans are there compared to AC/DC, RS, or Met?

Yes, Iron Maiden will be one of the most polarizing themes they could do, but it seems that there are hundreds of pinheads that are fanatic fans of the band. The latest rumors are that Iron Maiden is coming.
    I agree regarding mainstream radio, and I honestly don't recall having heard an Iron Maiden song on the radio in the last 15 years. AC/DC gets a fair amount of everyday coverage including commercial use. Metallica probably a little less than that.

#41 10 years ago

With no radio play Iron Maiden is huge, that's gotta tell you something. The 2 songs you mentioned, Run to the hills, and Number of the beast are actually weaker songs compared to others in their lineup. Believe me there are a lot of casual Maiden fans out there and this pin would be epic. I guess your in for a Justin Bieber pin then right...nice one LOL.

#42 10 years ago

The first few threads after Stern Mustang was announced had numerous people posting how they weren't interested, the theme was "meh", or some other negative attitude about the game. As I was wondering why they wouldn't at least give it a chance to see if the gameplay was really good, I realized that theme matters a lot to me, too. There is no chance that I will ever get a pin that features a band whose music I don't like (and I don't like Guns 'n' Roses, Metallica, or AC/DC). Conversely, my wife and I own four Mustangs, so I was immediately interested in a Stern Mustang pin.

Every thread like this one, with people speculating on what the theme of the next pin out will be, shows just how much a person's like for the game's theme will pre-dispose them to buy the game. Since knowing only the title or theme of an upcoming game precludes knowing anything at all about how it will look or play, and some people will swear they are "in" after just hearing the theme (be it Walking Dead ot Iron Maiden or whatever), it seems that theme is of primary interest to a lot of people.

Besides being interested in the Mustang pin because of owning four Mustangs, I also own nine electric guitars including 5 Fender Stratocasters. How about the next pin feature the Stratocaster in cab and translight artwork and have an eclectic music soundtrack featuring various artists well-known for playing a Strat? This could include fabulous guitar players such as Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Dick Dale, Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits, Buddy Guy, etcetera. (On second thought, don't make a Stratocaster pin because I would have to buy it and I can't afford another pin.)

#43 10 years ago

Two Minutes to Midnight and Wasted Years are my two favorites by Iron Maiden. I think getting their own pin would be neat. I hope the fans get it, but it needs to be done right. I won't own one. I'm waiting for an original theme to come along. Pinball needs a good original theme to come along and shake things up.

#44 10 years ago

If it has to be a music pin, Led Zeppelin makes a hell of alot more sense than an Iron Maiden pin does.

#45 10 years ago

Maiden please!!!!
    Song wishlist...

Aces High
    Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Fear of the Dark
    The Trooper
    Number of the Beast
    Children of the Damned
    2 Minutes to Midnight
    Killers
    Run to the Hills
    Rime of the Ancient Mariner
    Wrathchild
    Running Free

#46 10 years ago

when the Muppet movie comes out - maybe Donnie is doing the Muppet art

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I have a feeling some people may end up disappointed. I have been anticipating DD being tied to an Iron Maiden pin since the pictures came out of DD and Gary and working on non-Met stuff.

That was an old pic without his beard, Donny has had a beard since expo But I get your point.

#48 10 years ago

I think the next one will be either Led Zeppelin or Walking Dead (comic book based). Either one should be pretty interesting.

#49 10 years ago

Fingers crossed for Bosom Buddies or The Greatest American Hero!

#50 10 years ago

I've spent some time listening a watching Iron Maiden videos recently because I have always sort of dismissed them as a band. I really want to like them and see what these fanatics see, but I can't. I do like some of the artwork, but the music is just not for me. I love ACDC and can stomach Metallica just fine, but not Iron Maiden. Yeah this title would save me some money.

Almost any title will save me money at this point...after just completing building my house funds are low! If it does turn out to be the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones or ESPN Sportscenter, I might be in trouble.

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-stern-announce-the-next-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.