(Topic ID: 169915)

When will NIB prices price out operators?

By InfiniteLives

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 175 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Tesla-II
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CockpitHUDPod (resized).jpg
    Simulators Group View2 (resized).jpg
    f5NWEUg (resized).jpg
    44000201.jpg
    GameSlide_PUSHERS_WizardOfOz (resized).png
    image-43.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Figure 50% split with a location (still the norm)

I was 50%, then renegotiated after awhile to 80%. The owners know they are not making money off the pins, it's the food and booze. They see the amount of people coming in to play, people who wouldn't normally be in their establishment. Pins go, so do the people, so does the money from food and booze.

50% is not the norm in my town anymore. No OPS would do it, as the money is not there.

I also did away with 3 for $2. The bonus kicks in at 6 for $5.

Mind you, up here, a Pro is $7600 after tax and shipping ...

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

I will make FAR more money buying and routing older games than NIB's. Not even close TBH.

There is no right answer, every location is different for sure.

I had a cherry WH2O in a line up of 5 games. It averaged $7 a week. The Met Pro beside it is doing $150.

My WoZ was down more than it was up (1st run ECLE), so it was a dog.

Stern will keep the Pro's under $6K is my guess. It's tough to buy a 20 year old machine for the same price as a brand new title.

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from oyvindmo:

That said, the pattern is similar here: The newest games (GoT Premium and Hobbit) typically have double the coin drop of an older game. Of the older games, the semi-new Sterns (LOTR and Spiderman) are more popular than the Bly/Wms (AFM, WH2O, FH, CftBL, SoF).

Yup. I have customers constantly asking for the old B/W classics. They cost roughly what a new Stern does up here.

I bring one in (MM, for example) ... then watch the newer/newish Sterns earn double/triple what MM is doing, with less maintenance.

Within a couple months, I'll have a customer make a good cash offer on the MM. Sold! Rinse, repeat ... except now, those old B/W's are priced out of reach in my area ... MM is 10K plus, TZ's in decent shape are $8K plus ... heck, old SYS11's/WPC's with play field wear and shitty cab's people are asking over $4k. EM's that don't power up are $1500.

#120 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tickerguy:

once you break the 50c/play

It's not 1987 anymore.

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

The new Batman pricing is absurd...

Agreed, also why I was out on SMVE.

Stern is not getting rid of the pro model. The next title will have an affordable Pro version for operators.

Quoted from marcos:

I don't have that 100% deal, but I refuse to be a pinball martyr at 50/50.

Yup, this x100.

I just signed another location yesterday, 3 pins, 5% off the top for parts and supplies, 90/10 split after that.

#137 7 years ago

$1 a play, 6 plays for $5 - newer pins
    $1 a play, 3 plays for $2 - older pins

Luckily we have a $1 coin and a $2 coin. My kids hate counting quarters.

#142 7 years ago

Side note ... if I open a location, am I still an operator?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-nib-prices-price-out-operators?tu=smokedog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.