(Topic ID: 292465)

When will NFT's hit the Pinball Hobby?

By Bublehead

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is Home Use pinball becoming a rich man's hobby?”

• Yes, We got to keep you plebs from owning anything good. 12 votes
      15%
    • Yes, and I would sell my sister to buy the latest JJP machine. 6 votes
      7%
    • Yes, but damn man, remember the good old days of $1000 TZ's? 13 votes
      16%
    • No, I'm not rich but these prices are killing me. 23 votes
      28%
    • No, I got all my machines before the huge price increases. 18 votes
      22%
    • No, I think you can still drop a dollar or two at the arcade if you need a fix. 9 votes
      11%

(81 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

have-you-ever-heard-of-nfts-leopold-butters-stotch (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220327-062927_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210429_090504 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Yep. Being a designer for the last 20-ish years, what's gong on with NFT's is exactly what I've seen throughout my career. And the only explanation I have for it is everyone is in this giant lottery pool, and the universe hand-selects those who instantly get what they want. I've seen designers work their ass off creating a product, promoting it, and get nowhere with it. Only for someone else to do something similar, make one random comment about it, and boom, instant fame.
    These last two months I've been inspired by it all and deflated.

Imo the most important aspects of an NFT is A) the community B) the utility.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Why do you all want to own a receipt for a jpeg?
    NFTs and Crapto are complete garbage. They are literally unregulated scam ecosystems that play on the weakness of gamblers and get rich quick suckers.

Strong disagree.
    The jpeg is equivalent to a stock certificate. It’s not the jpeg that brings the value (most of the time) it’s the smart contract code attached to the token that brings the value.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody24:

I get the community portion, sorta. Been following a lot more NFT and Crypto people on Twitter, and man, it's a whole other world. People are crazy about the bored ape social aspects. Like owning a Ferarri or Laborgini.
    But don't feel that every collection needs to be a community. I've seen a lot of projects where they give their 8 step roadmap, and exclusive discord whatever. I don't care about any of that. And really, I'm sure 99% of the creators don't ether. It's just something they feel they need to show. I'm not going to join a Discord channel based on an avatar.
    But I do see some projects, like the Dogami, that would benefit from a community.
    I just think that the next evolution will be geared more towards those larger players and less on individuals like myself. A lot of money will be invested in the creation of their NFT project. Unlike me trying to sell my film photos.

I spend a lot of time on Discord, too much for sure. Right now I’m hitting about a 75% success rate in picking projects either pre or post launch. My two biggest indicators right now are A) community B) utility.

For those art 1 of 1 or the erc-1155 opensea isnt a good place to post. I think you’d do better on rarible or perhaps switching to Sol and using holoplex. Those aren’t what I buy but ppl seem to do much better there.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody24:

I've got stuff on Objkt too. Sold two things so far. But found out it's definitely a screaming match. Way too much noise to try and find your way through to get noticed.

Yeah hence the community. Antebellum is about to launch and I expect it to be an instant sellout with x2 x3 same day markup.

NFT started with art but has moved past it already imo. You need the utility. Like if your art has a following launch a collectors pass where every month you airdrop or have claimable free mint for members. This only works if you have enough fans who will buy your pass. Marketing and community are very important in this space.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Never going to come to pinball.

https://www.mprnews.org/amp/story/newscut/2012/02/the_internet_futurist_who_thou

As far as pinball applications, I agree. It doesn’t make much sense. Maybe if you had an arcade and wanted to give members a discount on coin drop. Or if Stern wanted to sell VIP NFT that promised a rsvp for LEs. But overall it isn’t a good fit for pinball.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

This might be a stupid question, but why not just market the utility for whatever that is? Why does it need to be connected to an NFT with no underlying value?

Think of it like a membership that you pay the value upfront. When you’re done with the membership you can sell it to someone else. How the NFT makes money is they get a cut of every sale.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Couldn't that all happen without an NFT involved?
    The membership, or whatever else of value which is being marketed, just needs to structured to allow that.

Sure it could but if it’s programmed into a smart contract that’s tied to a token, then everything is transparent. If you allow the company to handle everything internally on the backend then you lose the ownership.

I’m not saying anyone should buy these…just clearing up that NFTs are a lot more than pictures of monkeys.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-nft-s-hit-the-pinball-hobby?tu=Pdxmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.