images.jpg
2.png
image-698.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-01-19-52-58.png
th.jpg
Killer Klowns From Outter Space.jpg
132880-i.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-01-03-01-57.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Kiss will be coming sometime in 2015 from Stern. I'm excited for it but really depends who is coding/designing it.
I'm laughing at many of you who think Kiss is a bad title to go after and "Stern will be disappointed in sales because only a small group follow". Say what?? I'm not a huge Kiss fan but think they are a perfect next mainstream band pinball theme choice. The creativity is endless for toys, gimmicks and rules. As much as many of you want to slam Kiss they are marketing geniuses. The reason so many stores carry their stuff is because it sells. Rock HOF anyone. Yeah they were a gimmick band but it sold. Plus, rock and roll anthem "Rock and roll all night" of all time.
Check this out - I was amazed to see this in a store window during X-Mas shopping. Sold out inside the store. Kiss is a past theme. LOL I say. LOL.

kissshirt.jpg 95 KB

It will be as big as Mustang, maybe slightly better or worse. I have about 9 friends that own pinball machines and none of them seem to have any interest in it if it's made. Yes, that's a small subset but seems to be pretty common with what I'm hearing. Kiss crap can be found everywhere and Mustangs are seen all over the road. Doesn't mean it's a good idea to make a pinball machine based on either of them.

That Kiss/cubs shirt is an abomination, who would wear that?

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I see your 9 and raise to against at least 60+ pinsiders who would be happy with a Kiss pinball.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-vs-iron-maiden-new-stern

Well, they already made a Kiss pinball machine so I guess it was an ok idea. Also, I wonder when all the "....isn't a good idea for...." when Kiss has been used in video games, video pinball, lunch boxes, wobble heads, cartoons, comic books (yes even fought Dr Doom), movie (bad one), toys galore, Halloween costumes, mugs, shirts, board games, pachinko, slot machines, hell - I think they even had a sex toy with their brand on it.
It's totally cool if you don't like Kiss. Not trying to convince you otherwise. But to say it would be a bad theme for a pinball machine - nah. I dislike Metallica the band but the pinball machine is pretty good. Just wish different music could be used.

I don't dislike KISS and for any of the people that want one I hope it happens for them. I just don't think it will sell well. There popularity has dropped greatly and I don't think much of the new blood coming into the hobby is going to have any interest in it. Doesn't mean stern isn't about to release it, but when I think of all of the people that I know that play pinball and the general population of pinball owners I just don't see it selling great. Even if it's a great game I will pass on it. Not something I'm interested in having in my house. To each there own though. Some people hate some of the games that I own.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Unique and solid layouts typically. I like more than 2 flippers. More experience than others and much better games. If stern will let him build the game he wants without cutting stuff then it could be epic if combined w the right theme.

It's all subjective based on what you like. He has tons of experience and has some great games but I think a case could be made that Ritchie and Borg are on his level or might have passed him. CFTBL and Congo are both great games. But if I look at their games both Ritchie and Borg have more games that I would want to own. It's all personal preference though.

Hopefully stern lets him design something unique so we can see another unique layout like CFTBL.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you want to see the strength of john t games then go examine 80s era gottliebs. That said, congo, dredd, flint, and creech are unique and great games. Heck congo is so good they ripped it off for tron.

Very good points. My only comment would be that it's not the 80's anymore. Hopefully he can bring his creativity to 2015 pinball.

I own both Tron and Congo and while the general layout looks similar nothing feels or flows the same other then the GREY and QUORRA shots. They play completely different to me.

#399 9 years ago

Hopefully the do not announce any game soon. I'd much rather have the code completed for my TWD then another game released.

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Game will be announced in the next 7-10 days.

Still want my code update

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-next-stern-be-announced?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.