images.jpg
2.png
image-698.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-01-19-52-58.png
th.jpg
Killer Klowns From Outter Space.jpg
132880-i.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-01-03-01-57.png

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "wrestling".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WWE will go down in flames just like Mustang did if its really on the agenda for Stern.

Not my dream theme but if it was "WWE Wrestling Greats" I'd be mildly interested to maybe more interested. Hulk Hogan, HHH, Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, Undertaker, The Big Show, Jericho, the Rock, etc - a full database of various wrestlers from today and yesterday and you need to battle your way to the championship - could be cool. Shaker motor could be used to it's fullest and a mini play field that either could act like the top ropes or a cage match. Think of the light show to tie into the intro's of each wrestler.

Wrestling is still very popular but I don't relate with the new guys too much. I could see with new toys how this could be fun. Not in my top request either, but could be interesting. JT would be best for this theme based on whysnow comments.

#224 9 years ago

She was mine before she was yours. Greatest time in Wrestling history.

untitled.pnguntitled.png
#227 9 years ago

How would KISS appeal to a mass market of different ages? Wrestling would be even worse. I love a lot of stuff from the 70's and 80's but that doesn't mean it all needs to be re-hashed. I can see Jaws because even if you don't know the movie, you get the shark theme. The new Star Wars movie would be the best theme.

#230 9 years ago

Comic book Hero's and great movies can make for good pinball themes,

but World Wrestling Entertainment?

no.jpgno.jpg
I can see the 5 bash dolls on the playfield already.

I'll pass.

My interest for another pin will rekindle if I ever see:

Resident Evil
Battlestar Galactica
Ghost Busters
The Matrix
Blade Runner
Tomb Raider
Jurassic World
JAWS!!!

I was fortunate, I just became conscious of the world of Pinball when my Grail theme was announced:

queen alien ripley.jpgqueen alien ripley.jpg

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WWE will go down in flames just like Mustang did if its really on the agenda for Stern.

It will do better than Mustang because it's "personality based" - it will instantly look more action packed and fun than a "Car Commercial" game. That being said, while Wrestling is popular it is a very specific niche - it doesn't have the crossover appeal that other titles might have.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Mustang is a really fun game.

Absolutely an underrated game.

As for WWE: would that be a WWE:RR Vault Edition? A new WWE pinball could be a fun game if it has The Rock and all his catchphrases in it. But with all these wrestling legends from the past? Just trying to figure out how that would translate into a fun game without it being chaotic. I mean even the storylines focus on a few wrestlers at a time. Also wondering how the theme would appeal to home users.

#241 9 years ago

I don't know any wrestling fans with a $6000 car, let alone a spare 6 grand for a pinball machine.

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I don't know any wrestling fans with a $6000 car, let alone a spare 6 grand for a pinball machine.

Actually Wrestling fans have money. They regularly pay $100 for pay per view. Look at the people in the crowd sometime on WWE. Wrestling is obviously the sister sport to NASCAR. It is mostly the same fans. NASCAR fans have money.

Funny, I think Mustang is better than most of the themes discussed in this thread. I would not mind having one at some point. KISS on the other hand I would not allow in my house it is so ugly. I am hoping the Stern sticks to the Muppets instead of WWE and hopefully KISS is out completely.

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Actually Wrestling fans have money. They regularly pay $100 for pay per view.

Correction: They HAD money until they paid $100 for pay per view...

I think the notion that wrestling fans have no money comes from the demographic. They're usually young males, under 30, who haven't really had enough time to work up a nest egg yet. Plus, once you get over 30, you're not really into wrestling anymore because you recognize it for the hokey fake shit that it really is.

#248 9 years ago

there are adults who watch pro wrestling?

thats just embarrassing.

#291 9 years ago

Next pinball Stern....Wrestling.....!!!

#328 9 years ago

ho wow a wrestling pin... great... i just can't wait

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

If stern builds a WWE I cant wait to see how they use it for promotion during live TV events.

This reminds me of some wrestling footage I saw during a holiday in Greece where a yellow pinball machine was flipped on top of another wrestler in some sort of bar. Probably not WWE, but not sure. Anybody seen this too?

#362 9 years ago

I don't understand the WWE one, as a wrestling fan I can say they aren't relevant outside of the wrestling fan "bubble" and I couldn't see this as a big seller if they use the modern roster. It would be difficult to use the classic roster(legends) as most are dead sadly and would seem a little morbid to me. RD Reynolds would be a perfect one to chime in on this theme as he is actually a wrestling journalist/author and a Pinball fan. Stern seems to lean towards "sure things" here lately and I don't see this as one. Just my opinion...

#415 9 years ago

Wwe wrestling pin is a good idea
Clash of clans ? Who knows

#468 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I can only speak for myself and the answer is a huge NO.

And not to mention the dropping Aussie dollar. If it is a wrestling title, it will want to be a great playing game with a great soundtrack to do well in Australia....unless I'm out of touch and my fellow Aussie pinheads are closet wrestling fans. This will probably be Mustang II. A title that will sell comfortably, but won't set the pinball world on fire. Maybe the soundtrack is the key? A mix of 12 rock songs that hypes the player....and another what if? A colour display with wrestling clips. Pinheads may not warm to the theme straight away, but want to own a Stern game on the new system. Let us continue the speculation....

#472 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, the bookies have now made WWE favorite
If this is true it has to be new system, with LCD. Dots would be lame.

It's always fun watching these speculation threads. I remember when it was a certainty that Avengers was going to be the title with the new system with lcd....and now we're still speculating.

Last year, The Muppets were coming and that never eventuated. A few months back, KISS was a dead certainty for 2015, then Game of Thrones. Now at the 11th hour, WWE wrestling has popped up to take the lead.

It now seems like Iron Maiden has met the same fate as the Muppets. A fun Stern Facebook bait and switch?

#499 9 years ago

So the cat is out of the box: next Stern is Wrestlemania. As John Trudeau said in his recent Pinball Magazine interview: I am surprised, although the theme had been mentioned the past week several times.

With the possibility of a WWE pin coming up I was actually about to post how I did think of some wrestling integration that could work well in pinball, contrary to what I posted earlier, and be authentic at the same time. It would be more of a Road to Wrestlemania type of game where you'd have character modes (wrestlers) that need to be defeated. On the playfield would be one or more kickout holes that would indicate a pin attempt. Just like in wrestling the opponent can kick out, which will happen more often once you get deeper into the game. If timed well this could interact very nicely with commentator voicecalls. Eventually you're qualified to hit your finisher move, after which the opponent will stay down, 3-count and a win, which leads to the next feud/opponent.

Simultaniously you could have Pay-per-View modes, like Summerslam, TLC, Royal Rumble and such.You would need to work them all to get to the Wrestlemania wizard mode. Not sure yet how I would integrate Raw and Smackdown modes.

Interestingly the translite shows mainly current roster Superstars, of which Triple H and brock Lesnar aren't active wrestlers, John Cena the most prominent one (but also disliked the most) and 'newbies' like Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns. I couldn't make much of the sideart as it is hardly shown. With Stephany McMahon and Triple H around the coindoor I guess The Authority will be in the game as well in some way. I'm also curious how storylines would be integrated in the game.

It's not a theme that I saw coming, but I do see the potential for a fun game. Whether it's a game that home users will be interested in... We'll have to wait and see.

#502 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm taking it you are just guessing, that the actual game may not have that at all? Would be a good idea to use a kickout hole as a "pin" attempt. Ball falls in there early, it gets popped out immediately, but as the "match" goes on, it will get closer to a 3 count and finally a pin for the win.

Would be a unique pinball experience.

Actually this was an idea that came to me when thinking about how Wrestling could be integrated in an authentic way in a pinball game. By no means am I suggesting it will be like this in Stern's game, although it would be cool if it did

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "wrestling".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-next-stern-be-announced?tq=wrestling&tu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.