images.jpg
2.png
image-698.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-01-19-52-58.png
th.jpg
Killer Klowns From Outter Space.jpg
132880-i.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-01-03-01-57.png

There are 565 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yep! QE for short!

Quantitive Easing?

This means Stern buys their own pinball machines to keep profits high right?

#352 6 years ago

This is one of only a few themes. Could not stand no matter what. WWe or an Opera pin. Ugh!!

#353 6 years ago

An Oprah pin?
Cool!
On the day it's delivered, it's wide body. 3 months later, regular. 6 months later, wide body again!

#354 6 years ago

Should be this.......

Screenshot_2015-01-01-03-01-57.png
#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Should be this.......

Screenshot_2015-01-01-03-01-57.p... 986 KB

Basketcase. 1988 I believe? Decent Troma film. Iirc.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Should be this.......

Screenshot_2015-01-01-03-01-57.p... 986 KB

Ahhhh, so you know of Belial. Enjoy.

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

If stern builds a WWE I cant wait to see how they use it for promotion during live TV events.

This reminds me of some wrestling footage I saw during a holiday in Greece where a yellow pinball machine was flipped on top of another wrestler in some sort of bar. Probably not WWE, but not sure. Anybody seen this too?

#358 6 years ago

Once again, after seeing the AC/DC machine do so well, it is my opinion KISS would do as well or BETTER in sales. There are people willing to pay for Paul Stanley to break a $300 guitar at then end of a show and sign the broken body for a mere $5K. The LE's will sell out as fast as they are available..., Pro's will sell better than anything. I would expect a Premium to happen as well.

Why do I do believe this? Because being a Kiss collector myself, I see personally the money that many will spend on pure shit. Look at the value of a non working, blown out, original Bally Kiss, $1500? You can buy a B/C rated DMD game for that.

It will sell, and it will sell REAL well. Don't care if you are here on Pinside and hate KISS. Your wishes will not make it sell any less. I am not a Metallica fan, I love the pro because it is a great game, and if I had the room, I would own it.

Right now in my personal collection that is set up I have A13, Tron, ACDC prem, BH & HH. I have a Stargate waiting in the wings, along with 2 or 3 original KISS machines in various states. When the new KISS comes out, 1 or 2 are getting the axe. Most likely SG and/or HH. Throw in a GnR in a pkg deal I might be picking up and I am really screwed!!!

KISS for a band that "SUCKS" so much, has sold millions upon millions of $$$ in merchandise I guess to no one or to people who believe they suck.

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

KISS for a band that "SUCKS" so much, has sold millions upon millions of $$$ in merchandise I guess to no one or to people who believe they suck

1+

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Looks like someone is doing it.

Screenshot_2014-12-28-19-25-04.p... 1.5 MB

That's what you get when you cross recent music pins with the walking dead.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

An Oprah pin?
Cool!
On the day it's delivered, it's wide body. 3 months later, regular. 6 months later, wide body again!

YOU get a jackpot! YOU get a jackpot!

#362 6 years ago

I don't understand the WWE one, as a wrestling fan I can say they aren't relevant outside of the wrestling fan "bubble" and I couldn't see this as a big seller if they use the modern roster. It would be difficult to use the classic roster(legends) as most are dead sadly and would seem a little morbid to me. RD Reynolds would be a perfect one to chime in on this theme as he is actually a wrestling journalist/author and a Pinball fan. Stern seems to lean towards "sure things" here lately and I don't see this as one. Just my opinion...

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Quantitive Easing?
This means Stern buys their own pinball machines to keep profits high right?

No, it means the pinball community puts funds into some big ass pot and then Stern buys their own machines, but we dont get to play!

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

I don't understand the WWE one, as a wrestling fan I can say they aren't relevant outside of the wrestling fan "bubble" and I couldn't see this as a big seller if they use the modern roster.

Kind of like pinball, it's not relevant outside the pinball fan "bubble".

I totally agree if they use the modern roster it will not sell well. If they use legends that are timeless then it may do well.

Prediction: The code will be not done on release. I guaran damn tee it!

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

It will sell, and it will sell REAL well. Don't care if you are here on Pinside and hate KISS. Your wishes will not make it sell any less. I am not a Metallica fan,....

Agreed. We share much of the same thoughts on Kiss and other games you mentioned. If you ever need a fix of GnR let me know, it's set up right next to AC/DC. If Stern Kiss turns out good, having GnR, AC/DC and Kiss in a row is a must.

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Agreed. We share much of the same thoughts on Kiss and other games you mentioned. If you ever need a fix of GnR let me know, it's set up right next to AC/DC. If Stern Kiss turns out good, having GnR, AC/DC and Kiss in a row is a must.

I really like the music pins...Met, GnR, ACDC, & KISS would be one hell of a lineup. I could care less about RS because it is a shitty game. I have only played Tommy once over the years, so not sure about that one.

#367 6 years ago

There is no muppet movie this year but the Peanuts are coming to the big screen...That could be a family friendly theme.

#368 6 years ago

I'm guessing the Kiss license is easier and cheaper to get because they are all about the money and promotion.

They are so far down the list of "rock band" rankings for most I can't imagine Stern will actually go with Kiss. Maybe back in 1978 when Bally made the original, not now.

Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin, now we are talking, licensing, that's another issue with those guys.

#369 6 years ago

I'd be in for def Leppard or even Flock of Seagulls before Kiss.

Like the music enough, but man, license fatigue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#370 6 years ago

Rob/White Zombie would be so superior to this stupid old man butt rock Kiss garbage horse shit malarkey.

Throw some art on the PF resembling old Blacklight posters & fill it with tits, monsters & hot rods.

We need something dope. Not some grand pappy nutsack "back in my day" slow driving retired man nonsense like Rolling Stones or Kiss.

#371 6 years ago

Come on, Slayer would make the coolest band pin to date. Artwork, fast and furious music, damn.

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Rob/White Zombie would be so superior to this stupid old man butt rock Kiss garbage horse shit malarkey.

Throw some art on the PF resembling old Blacklight posters & fill it with tits, monsters & hot rods.

Preaching to the choir man!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-open-letter-to-stern-this-should-be-your-next-license

132880-i.jpg

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'd be in for def Leppard or even Flock of Seagulls before Kiss.
Like the music enough, but man, license fatigue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maiden will prevail. Iron Maiden can't be bought, Iron maiden gonna get all of you,And you and you.

#375 6 years ago

It would be nice when Stern comes up with a big surprise theme nobody thaught off, and still is awesome.

Cause if the rumors keep on being true, the excitement of a new pin announcement is a bit less. Still awesome though, .

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Preaching to the choir man!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-open-letter-to-stern-this-should-be-your-next-license

I've never been a huge fan, but just started getting into Alice Cooper's music and thought that would be a great spooky theme in this cartoon horror style and enough memorable songs to fill 12 tracks. I'd buy it! That Rob Zombie backglass would also entice me.

Cheers!
Adam.

132880-i.jpg 69 KB

#377 6 years ago

Top themes that would have me interested in a NIB Stern (pro likely)

Rush music theme
Ghostbusters
Beavis and Butt-Head

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

We need something dope. Not some grand pappy nutsack "back in my day" slow driving retired man nonsense like Rolling Stones or Kiss.

White Zombie broke up in 1998. I actually agree that it'd be a cool theme, but he's gotta be 50 years old. Not exactly a hot up and coming band. lol

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

White Zombie broke up in 1998.

That's the thing for me. I love White Zombie, but can't get into his solo stuff. If it were just White Zombie and with the kind of art in their albums that would be fantastic.

No need to knock the Stones though, PBW. Also, "butt rock"?

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

White Zombie broke up in 1998. I actually agree that it'd be a cool theme, but he's gotta be 50 years old. Not exactly a hot up and coming band. lol

When it comes to badmotherfuckery Rob Zombie is king.

His age is irrelevant as he is the Chuck Norris of rock n roll.

Quoted from Erik:

That's the thing for me. I love White Zombie, but can't get into his solo stuff. If it were just White Zombie and with the kind of art in their albums that would be fantastic.
No need to knock the Stones though, PBW. Also, "butt rock"?

Agreed, White Zombie is where it's at. Rolling Stones are fine... If I'm having dinner at 4pm at Bob Evans. I prefer to smoke Adderal & skydive listening to White zombie however.

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If I'm having dinner at 4pm at Bob Evans

night owl!

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I disagree. Steve & John design pins. Take a theme, any theme, and use physics, toys, magnets, and rules to make it come to life. A super designer (which I believe both are) should be able to take Oprah and make it into something interesting.

The best pins come from a designer who is so invested in the theme that he is able to bring the entire package to life. That's tough to do if you are not enthusiastic about the title. That being said, even JPop says his current batch of pins are those he thinks his buyers want rather than his own dream themes, so you can imagine a minority of games Stern designers create are not their dream themes either.

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

As Rob Zombie has branched out into films, animation, acting and such, it would be more likely something more recent may work out with White Zombie background music...

#384 6 years ago

I think its a bit relevant to remember that Stern is building these to get a wide variety of players interested now, especially with arcades, more specifically "barcades" becoming a pretty big area for them (Stern). I just couldn't seem them releasing a Kiss. How many people in the mid 20s can say they're a Kiss fan? I would say in most barcades here in Seattle the average age is around 24-34. Of course there is plenty of deviation from that.

I'm not saying only focus on that generation but I think it would be a bit alienating to them and Stern is concerned about selling the most units and having popular themes. Not only have I heard for a really long time about GOT being the next title, I think it makes sense with this considered as well.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can't imagine Stern will actually go with Kiss.

Prepare to imagine very soon....

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

I think its a bit relevant to remember that Stern is building these to get a wide variety of players interested now, especially with arcades, more specifically "barcades" becoming a pretty big area for them (Stern). I just couldn't seem them releasing a Kiss. How many people in the mid 20s can say they're a Kiss fan? I would say in most barcades here in Seattle the average age is around 24-34. Of course there is plenty of deviation from that.
I'm not saying only focus on that generation but I think it would be a bit alienating to them and Stern is concerned about selling the most units and having popular themes. Not only have I heard for a really long time about GOT being the next title, I think it makes sense with this considered as well.

Dunno about you, but I didn't have money for a NIB pin at 24-34 yrs of age.
I don't want a KISS machine, but I'll bet there are a lot of KISS fans who used to play pinball, with money for a game or two in their basement now. They might have kids who are 24-34 though!

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

As Rob Zombie has branched out into films, animation, acting and such, it would be more likely something more recent may work out with White Zombie background music...

If your read my pitch thread I was basically pitching a Scared Stiff style game, with Rob Zombie as the host instead of Elvira, and not strictly another band pin. Use a personality with a fan base, who has credibility in the horror scene, and the build an original design around it. He could do the call outs since he has an awesome voice, and he comes with a built in soundtrack.

I don't expect Stern to ever do it. I think it's too much thinking for them. So whatever, I'm not going to waste any more time trying to do their job. But I'd love to see that approach used to make more original ideas while still having a license to help sell it.

If not Rob Zombie then fine, find someone else. He just seemed like a good spokesman. He's a pinball fan, he's directed horror films, his wife would be down to pose for the backglass, he has a huge music catalog that's sold a ton of records, he has a great voice for call outs, the lowbrow art aesthetic was super popular with Metallica. Checks off a lot of good things. Obviously some people aren't a fan of his. Some people don't give a shit about KISS or Rolling Stones or Metallica or AC/DC. You're never going to win that one.

#388 6 years ago

How about this classic....

Killer Klowns From Outter Space.jpg

#389 6 years ago

How about a Tater pin !

th.jpg
#390 6 years ago

Screenshot_2015-01-01-19-52-58.png

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm guessing the Kiss license is easier and cheaper to get because they are all about the money and promotion.

They are so far down the list of "rock band" rankings for most I can't imagine Stern will actually go with Kiss.

Not easier and not cheaper from what I was told. Thus, why after Stern was awarded the license for Kiss they will most likely have to build it due to the costs associated with the arrangement. Insiders say Gary himself wanted this one.

Listen, I can't stand Metallica the band. Some of their music is good but the band, meh. Would never buy that NIB because I don't want to help that band make a penny off of me. But, I respect what Borg built and think it's a very fine pin which I may own in the secondary market someday. You Kiss haters should take a similar approach.

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Insiders say Gary himself wanted this one.

That makes sense. Gary is about the same age as Gene Simmons.

#393 6 years ago

I love white zombie too! This has to be their best album

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

You Kiss haters should take a similar approach.

Problem is that I can live with the KISS music being meh. What I can't live with is the way they look. I hate that big hair and make up bull [email protected] I could never have a KISS pinball or KISS anything in my house. Period. I honestly would not take a KISS pinball for free even if it was the best playing game ever. It would be the visual equivalence of nails on a chalkboard just seeing it.

(Actually I will take a KISS pinball for free and just trade or sell it before it ever gets set up in my house. You get the idea though...)

#395 6 years ago

Fingers are crossed that Stern continues with the same strategy they used on TWD:
If KISS is made, I hope none of the actual people/actors from the band are seen or heard on the new machine.

#396 6 years ago

Muppets would allow me to splurge on an LE since the wife would be doing back flips.

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Muppets would allow me to splurge on an LE since the wife would be doing back flips.

Exactly! I don't think Gary Stern appreciates this angle.

#398 6 years ago

Rob Zombie is a hack. He shit all over Carpenter's Halloween. [email protected] him.

#399 6 years ago

Hopefully the do not announce any game soon. I'd much rather have the code completed for my TWD then another game released.

#400 6 years ago

Wishful thinking for the above comment.... I will be spitting out another few videos Again when it does come out

There are 565 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside