Topic Stats

• 565 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

thrones.jpg
Boobs2.jpg
Boobs1.jpg
Boobs3.jpg
kate-upton-game-of-war.jpg
342207.jpg
340306-i.jpg
stern-confirms-mustang-ii.jpg
images.jpg
2.png
image-698.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-01-19-52-58.png
th.jpg
Killer Klowns From Outter Space.jpg
132880-i.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-01-03-01-57.png

There are 565 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 4 years ago

ugggghhhh, really?

Slightly better than KISS I guess...

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

OK, what am I missing?

You won't be missing much.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

What Am I missing?

It clearly states a Total Divas pinball machine isn't coming.

#205 4 years ago

WWE will go down in flames just like Mustang did if its really on the agenda for Stern.

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WWE will go down in flames just like Mustang did if its really on the agenda for Stern.

They won't pay attention Ice. Let it be man.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They might actually use the voices of the WWE wrestlers unlike TWD. It's a festivus miracle!

I maybe the only one who would want to see a WWE pin. However, I highly doubt one will be made.

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They might actually use the voices of the WWE wrestlers unlike TWD.

I don't know. Those walker grunts in TWD sounded legit to me.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I maybe the only one who would want to see a WWE pin.

Bad Tom! Bad!
image-556.jpg

#210 4 years ago

WWE would be an unexpected twist. Definitely not something I would want. Hopefully they do some great marketing on the actual show. Maybe give away some machines to random people who buy the pay-per-views. I just delivered an NIB TWD to a rich lady in Florida who saw the game on the TV show. She never would have known about it if it was not on the show every week for the drawings.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Bad Tom! Bad!

image-556.jpg 24 KB

where are those callouts your friend at Stern kept hearing with AMC character voices? Bad Underlord!

spanking-banned.jpg

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They might actually use the voices of the WWE wrestlers unlike TWD.

I'm sure its the same hillbilly voice work for WWE Tom! If so, I'm in

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not my dream theme but if it was "WWE Wrestling Greats" I'd be mildly interested to maybe more interested. Hulk Hogan, HHH, Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, Undertaker, The Big Show, Jericho, the Rock, etc - a full database of various wrestlers from today and yesterday and you need to battle your way to the championship - could be cool. Shaker motor could be used to it's fullest and a mini play field that either could act like the top ropes or a cage match. Think of the light show to tie into the intro's of each wrestler.

Wrestling is still very popular but I don't relate with the new guys too much. I could see with new toys how this could be fun. Not in my top request either, but could be interesting. JT would be best for this theme based on whysnow comments.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure its the same hillbilly voice work for WWE Tom! If so, I'm in

I heard the next title was KISS but who knows until we hear something official.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

where are those callouts your friend at Stern kept hearing with AMC character voices? Bad Underlord!

spanking-banned.jpg 14 KB

I've been so naughty.

But they are in there. Lots of callouts not used yet. Whether stern implements? Who knows?

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Not my dream theme but if it was "WWE Wrestling Greats" I'd be mildly interested to maybe more interested.

I agree with that, couldn't tell you who the new guys are other than John Sena. Old school would be kinda cool although I don't see that one happening with what I would think WWE would want to promote.

Quoted from TomGWI:

I heard the next title was KISS but who knows until we hear something official.

That one's underwhelming to me too. I'd love to see a James Bond pin.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

But they are in there. Lots of callouts not used yet. Whether stern implements? Who knows?

If the callouts are there Rick I can't figure why they wouldn't use them. Waiting to implement in the next big update?

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree with that, couldn't tell you who the new guys are other than John Sena. Old school would be kinda cool although I don't see that one happening with what I would think WWE would want to promote.

Yeah KISS won't get me buying unless it was a spectacular shooting pin. WWE would get me interested but I would still sit it out to see how it turns out given the code Wong be done for a year or two anyways.

#219 4 years ago

Stern should do a WWF Legends. I need Kamala, George the animal Steele, Rowdy Roddy Pipper, etc.

images.jpg
#220 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes. James Bond would be awesome! Sean Connery to Daniel Craig.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Stern should do a WWF Legends. I need Kamala, George the animal Steele, Rowdy Roddy Pipper, etc.

images.jpg 10 KB

Wizard mode: hogan vs Andre!

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

images.jpg 10 KB

Ohhhh Yeah!

image.jpg
#223 4 years ago

Ahhhhh memories.

Loved eighties WWF.

#224 4 years ago

She was mine before she was yours. Greatest time in Wrestling history.

untitled.png
#225 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If the callouts are there Rick I can't figure why they wouldn't use them. Waiting to implement in the next big update?

No friggen clue man. Next update could be big.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

What Am I missing?

Clearly this nugget:

Upcoming films for WWE Studios in Spring 2015 include The Flintstones: Stone Age Smackdown! with Warner Bros. Home Entertainment releasing which joins Fred, Barney and the whole Bedrock gang with stone age versions of WWE Superstars and Divas

#227 4 years ago

How would KISS appeal to a mass market of different ages? Wrestling would be even worse. I love a lot of stuff from the 70's and 80's but that doesn't mean it all needs to be re-hashed. I can see Jaws because even if you don't know the movie, you get the shark theme. The new Star Wars movie would be the best theme.

#228 4 years ago

I would be totally in with a WWE theme like all have said gotta be classics like Hogan, Flair, The Legion of Doom! Oh what A Rush!image-648.jpg

#229 4 years ago

.image-612.jpg

#230 4 years ago

Comic book Hero's and great movies can make for good pinball themes,

but World Wrestling Entertainment?

no.jpg
I can see the 5 bash dolls on the playfield already.

I'll pass.

My interest for another pin will rekindle if I ever see:

Resident Evil
Battlestar Galactica
Ghost Busters
The Matrix
Blade Runner
Tomb Raider
Jurassic World
JAWS!!!

I was fortunate, I just became conscious of the world of Pinball when my Grail theme was announced:

queen alien ripley.jpg

#231 4 years ago

UFC, XGames, Crusty Demons, Nitro Circus!
Surfing,
Speedway,
Virgin Galactic,
Harry Potter,
Bedknobs and Broomsticks.
Not Jaws because weve demonized sharks more than enough.

#232 4 years ago

+1 for Resident Evil, very disappointed in TWD as the first zombie pin.

#233 4 years ago

Not sure where people are getting this WWE thing from but yes, that's an even dumber idea than KISS.

To play devil's advocate though, on paper AC/DC sounds awful and Avengers sounds like a smash. As real pins, the opposite was true.

"Nobody knows anything!"

#234 4 years ago

Theme is almost secondary, if the machine has a great design. There's a few machines I like to play, but the theme is "eh" to me.

I doubt anyone could possibly be a bigger Star Wars fan than me, but I won't own any of the currently available Star Wars pins. I don't find them to be enjoyable pins.

I wouldn't mind owning Batman Forever. When I saw that in the theater, the whole time all I could think about was how crappy the movie was.

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Not sure where people are getting this WWE thing from but yes, that's an even dumber idea than KISS.
To play devil's advocate though, on paper AC/DC sounds awful and Avengers sounds like a smash. As real pins, the opposite was true.
"Nobody knows anything!"

Couldn't agree more.

Avengers is exactly what I should be buying and AC/DC is exactly what I should be passing up...based solely on theme.

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It will do better than Mustang because it's "personality based" - it will instantly look more action packed and fun than a "Car Commercial" game. That being said, while Wrestling is popular it is a very specific niche - it doesn't have the crossover appeal that other titles might have.

#237 4 years ago

Mustang is a really fun game.

#238 4 years ago

I love how the OP asks, "How and when does Stern determine WHEN the next title is announced".

And then 90% of the responses are all speculation about what that title will be and if recent titles suck or don't suck.

You know what suks? The ability of Pinsiders to pay attention.

I wonder if most people posting all the garbage and insults/opinions realize that MOST people looking over the forums just skim over it and ignore all the junk posts to read the actual substance anyway. All the bantering really is a wasted effort.

You do know that you can start your own thread if you want to talk about topics not related to this thread's subject, right?

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Mustang is a really fun game.

Absolutely an underrated game.

As for WWE: would that be a WWE:RR Vault Edition? A new WWE pinball could be a fun game if it has The Rock and all his catchphrases in it. But with all these wrestling legends from the past? Just trying to figure out how that would translate into a fun game without it being chaotic. I mean even the storylines focus on a few wrestlers at a time. Also wondering how the theme would appeal to home users.

#240 4 years ago

Thought it was KISS, then GOT.

WWE?

Well, it would have to have LCD and then as you complete modes, seeing actual wresting take downs might be ok.

#241 4 years ago

I don't know any wrestling fans with a $6000 car, let alone a spare 6 grand for a pinball machine.

#242 4 years ago

Ass: The Movie pinball

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Nobody knows anything!"

Just more evidence that THE most important thing is that the game flips well!

A good theme can't save a poor flipper, but a good flipper and a blag theme can do just fine so long as it is a readily identifiable liscence/theme.

Liscenses are only so important as to not shut off a sector of the buying population. If you can get a great liscense then you will sell some games based on title alone but the long haul will be all about if the game flips and has a good layout and good software.

Liscense/theme is like a double edged sword that needs to be address and imbraced once choosen but still important to have a good design.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It will be as big as Mustang, maybe slightly better or worse. I have about 9 friends that own pinball machines and none of them seem to have any interest in it if it's made. Yes, that's a small subset but seems to be pretty common with what I'm hearing. Kiss crap can be found everywhere and Mustangs are seen all over the road. Doesn't mean it's a good idea to make a pinball machine based on either of them.
That Kiss/cubs shirt is an abomination, who would wear that?

Are you crazy???? Kiss is a lot bigger in Europe than Mustang. You are blinded by your hate. If the art is awesome, this pin will do very well.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I don't know any wrestling fans with a $6000 car, let alone a spare 6 grand for a pinball machine.

Actually Wrestling fans have money. They regularly pay $100 for pay per view. Look at the people in the crowd sometime on WWE. Wrestling is obviously the sister sport to NASCAR. It is mostly the same fans. NASCAR fans have money.

Funny, I think Mustang is better than most of the themes discussed in this thread. I would not mind having one at some point. KISS on the other hand I would not allow in my house it is so ugly. I am hoping the Stern sticks to the Muppets instead of WWE and hopefully KISS is out completely.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Camaro SS
3 Pinball machines…with a soon to be 4th.

And I watch Wrastling.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Actually Wrestling fans have money. They regularly pay $100 for pay per view.

Correction: They HAD money until they paid $100 for pay per view...

I think the notion that wrestling fans have no money comes from the demographic. They're usually young males, under 30, who haven't really had enough time to work up a nest egg yet. Plus, once you get over 30, you're not really into wrestling anymore because you recognize it for the hokey fake shit that it really is.

#248 4 years ago

there are adults who watch pro wrestling?

thats just embarrassing.

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

How awesome would GOT be with a massive interactive dragon that eats the ball and spits it back out? Just sayin'.

the dragon(s) arent a central plot theme (yet) and and the queen of dragons is the most annoying character on the show anyway.
the bad guy would probably revolve around a whitewalker (which is a little too close to a zombie IMO)
with the secondary bad guy of the lannisters

Quoted from badbilly27:

GoT physical ball lock that places the balls on the bodies of the Stark family. When third ball is locked they are massacred in dmd and their heads fall off onto the play field.

brilliant

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wrestling is obviously the sister sport to Nascar.

And the result.

1.jpg 2.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Forever
$ 88.00
There are 565 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside