images.jpg
2.png
image-698.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-01-19-52-58.png
th.jpg
Killer Klowns From Outter Space.jpg
132880-i.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-01-03-01-57.png
There are 565 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 9 years ago

When / or how often are titles usually announced? Will we know by feb? I guess I should never try and pin down a date in this business but what's a good guess? Was hoping to be looking for a used Hobbit or MMR by feb. but don't think that is happening...

#2 9 years ago

Stern seems to be on the two new titles per year wagon right now. With that in mind my guess is early March announcement with games shipping in late March.

#3 9 years ago

Did a bunch this year didn't they? IMVE, Mustang, walking dead, star trek(2014?) 2 is good with me, at least they are coming out....

#4 9 years ago

just follow their facebook, watch pictures they are posting, and search for a small clue on the background (as often now)

#5 9 years ago

WNBJM please please please

#6 9 years ago

I'm guessing game of thrones near end of March a little before the new season premiers.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveB:

I'm guessing game of thrones near end of March a little before the new season premiers.

Maybe KISS first?

#8 9 years ago

I have been told we will find out in February

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveB:

New season starts in Feb I believe so that would line up properly with the rumour that their next announcement is also in Feb.

#10 9 years ago

Wow, too many good themes coming out! Walking Dead owners seem to be really happy with their games. I wonder what the next game will bring? I'd like to see Stern do another toy like the pirate ship or castle in Medieval Madness. Looking forward to seeing the playfield design.

#11 9 years ago

It's game of thrones by Ritchie.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This rumor getting stronger and stronger - I believe now

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This rumor getting stronger and stronger - I believe now

All the recent rumors have ended up being true...

Avengers
Metallica
Star Trek
Mustang
Walking Dead

Those were all strong pinside rumors. Some of them I literally bet money against (and lost!) so at this point I'm inclined to believe the titles being kicked around are accurate. We just don't necessarily know their order.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I'm excited about Ritchie doing GoT but having it be the game following TWD means that it most likely won't be coded by Lyman which is a bummer. A Trudeau/Lyman Muppets game to follow it would make up for it though

#15 9 years ago

Things look grim for Muppets but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

#16 9 years ago

I thought it was confirmed that the next release will be John T as designer?

I was told announcement from Late Jan-Late Feb timeframe.

I would prefer almost anything besides KISS that has been mentioned thus far.
My biggest vote is MORE flippers. I need another John T 3 (or more) flipper game with unique upper flipepr shots.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm excited about Ritchie doing GoT but having it be the game following TWD means that it most likely won't be coded by Lyman which is a bummer. A Trudeau/Lyman Muppets game to follow it would make up for it though

Oddly enough I think Richie has Lyman for his next game

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Things look grim for Muppets but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Yeah I doubt it will be Muppets even though they get brought up in the rumor mill every couple years and get my hopes up. Most likely it will be Kiss (Trudeau) and Guardians of the Galaxy (Borg) for the 2 games following since Stern has a thing for Superhero and Music themes.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That would be cool if it's true since they are the best combo in pinball. SM and ACDC are among the best games ever! ST could have joined that group if it had Lyman's rules. I wonder what the other programmers have been working on since it's been nearly a year since Mustang was released?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would prefer almost anything besides KISS

Phew I'm glad im not the only one.........

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Phew I'm glad im not the only one.........

Kiss will be a complete sales dud if they do it, huge mistake. Not sure that them doing WNBJM is such a good idea either. Great looking game, but who are their customers for this one? Is it worthwhile for them to do a run of 200 machines in a custom cabinet?

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Steve's game isn't due until late 2015 4th 1/4 around expo time.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Steve's game isn't due until late 2015 4th 1/4 around expo time.

You sure? By the rotation is should be Steve.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Kiss will be a complete sales dud if they do it, huge mistake. Not sure that them doing WNBJM is such a good idea either. Great looking game, but who are their customers for this one? Is it worthwhile for them to do a run of 200 machines in a custom cabinet?

I think pricing is the key to WNBJM.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Stern will say Lyman is lead on EVERY game from here on out.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

That's what I wonder...an EM with a tasteless theme? How many of these will actually sell? And for what price?

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Agreed, it may be for some but I have no interest personally.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Yes, Trudeau next up then Steve later in the year. Stern is on a 2 new game a year with reruns, vaults, WNBJM, MMr etc .

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Yes, Trudeau next up then Steve later in the year. Stern is on a 2 new game a year with reruns, vaults, WNBJM, MMr etc .

Huh.......oh well, would have bet money it was Steve's turn.

#30 9 years ago

With titles coming up, I'm guessing only a moderate amount of collectors will care.

TWD was a bold step for Stern, too bold. Time to pull it back. (?)...

Whatever. Great ideas were abound, back to playing it safer I guess.

Hoping designs will rock cuz themes won't.

Not bashing Stern, just was hoping they would've stayed in the current direction of adult themes AND built friendlier titles @ the same time. One lane road thinking over there is gonna cause financial headaches later.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Only 2 games next year then?

Well, strongest rumors are KISS plus Game of Thrones.

We shall see.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

TWD was a bold step for Stern, too bold. Time to pull it back. (?)...

I'm just curious why you think "TWD was a bold step...too bold". There's nothing bold or revolutionary about the game play or features and the theme is not that bold. Think Tales of the Crypt.

QSS

#33 9 years ago

In the Trudeau interview, he mentioned that whatever theme he is working on is very clear in direction. Not like Mustang where they had to create a whole game concept. So I would think likely not a music pin since those are pretty much wide open books.

So a movie or tv show.

#34 9 years ago

I feel like folks have just about given up even speculating on whether the next game will have a new system, LCD, etc. It feels like under the current regime it will never come.

Aside from an LCD, the biggest game-changer I'd like to see would be wifi for saved scores and profiles, better and more comprehensible asynchronous tournaments (think: notification on your phone when someone beats your score - better get back to the bar), and automatic software updates.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

more comprehensible asynchronous tournaments (think: notification on your phone when someone beats your score - better get back to the bar)

wow, there is money right there.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So a movie or tv show.

Muppets!!

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I'm just curious why you think "TWD was a bold step...too bold". There's nothing bold or revolutionary about the game play or features and the theme is not that bold. Think Tales of the Crypt.
QSS

Gore. Not as tame as TFTC. For Stern in the last 20 years it's bold.

Going to an Adult theme. David mentioned he liked the concept. But...

Gary still has influence on ideas I guess.

Shouldn't Gary be moving to Florida anytime soon? Maybe give the reins to someone who cares a bit more about the collector?

I'm just frustrated. Not a big fan of going backwards in life.

Btw, since TWD was such a success, guess the LCD color display idea is scrapped. Great! Another awesome cost cutting measure. Cheap asses ...

#38 9 years ago

I've had a few drinks. I 'M FINE!!

Btw, Mnpinball, I've been staring at your boobs all year! SLUT!

#39 9 years ago

Let me be the first to bring Tron VE into this thread...

Is 2015 the year? Let's hope so!!!

#40 9 years ago

The sad truth is I don't care what the next game is. Won't be buying it no matter the theme. Stern doesn't want to sell finished games, not wasting my money to play the frustrated code dance for a year or more.

#41 9 years ago

Next game is a JT machine with a family theme.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from monty-:

Let me be the first to bring Tron VE into this thread...
Is 2015 the year? Let's hope so!!!

No no no LOTR VE, yes yes yes

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

So zero Borg titles in 2015? That sucks...bad.

#44 9 years ago

Yep Stern either fixes quality control out the factory or I see continued declining sales.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Next game is a JT machine with a family theme.

If family theme that means no Kiss or Game of Thrones. Also likely means it will be another DMD game. I figured Ritchie would be doing the first LCD release.

#46 9 years ago

On one hand I can see a game like GoT benefiting from an LCD and have it compete with TH. On the other hand I'd prefer not to pay an additional ~$500 just to get into the game. It will be interesting if they release Pro's with DMD's and Premiums/LE with LCD's. It seems that would be a lot of work to do both dots & video production for the same title though..

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Steve said on Spooky's podcast that his project was going to be a longer dev cycle than normal due to the new tech so it make sense that it will be "out of order". He also brought up GoT a few times, FWIW.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Steve said on Spooky's podcast that his project was going to be a longer dev cycle than normal due to the new tech so it make sense that it will be "out of order". He also brought up GoT a few times, FWIW.

Let's hope the new tech is the LCD display...finally. I need to listen to that podcast.

#49 9 years ago

This has been the rumors as of late.

image-741.jpgimage-741.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
#50 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This has been the rumors as of late.

image.jpg 79 KB

image-741.jpg 127 KB

WWE is "family" themed? If they went legends on WWE that would be awesome. Focusing on the Attitude era would be even better...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 565 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-next-stern-be-announced and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.