(Topic ID: 289562)

When will music licenses catch up with modern times?

By Dkjimbo

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

guy-goes-to-disney-land-wearing-a-deadmau5-shirt-and-is-confronted-by-minnie-mouse (resized).jpg
    tumblr_4773995ea923eb0768c393b6665d23c0_a629957f_500.gif
    pan flute (resized).jpg
    84539BE7-E01D-4ADE-9384-9A2DC2186243 (resized).jpeg
    What-happened-to-The-Weeknds-face-at-Super-Bowl-2021-990x660 (resized).jpg
    slash (resized).jpg
    theweeknd-1-1612561263 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SunnRAT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 3 years ago

Interesting thing about the Weeknd/Prince comparison, is nobody ever said Prince was the next James Brown or the next Jimi Hendrix, because he took things to different levels and created Prince.

If the Weeknd is the next Prince, then that's not really much of a compliment IMO. It just says you sound like someone more famous and they did it first.

The comparison reminds me of when everyone (except me) were saying Oasis are the next Beatles.

One band remains timeless while the other's relevance is stuck in the few years of post-grunge "WTF do we do now?" music industry confusion.

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from LordHumungus:

The Weeknd is fuckin shit. Modern music basically stinks. Sorry but way to many classic bands still to go before then try anything new and thank sweet innocent baby Jesus for that.
    Slayer
    Motorhead
    Sabbath
    The Priest
    Deep Purple

Haz you're speakin' the TRUTH.

It would be smart for Stern to do a Deep Purple pin after Sabbath. That way they can market the two with Led Zeppelin as a trinity line up of 70's British Hard Rock. Buy all three!

...or take Pinside's advice and make a pin out of whatever is popular today, i'm sure it will be a classic.

#176 3 years ago

There are some current bands that I really like. I also really like Kurt Vile's music too. He's another modern artist. So I wont entirely say todays music sucks, but I say most popular music today is pretty terrible. It has no substance and very very poor lyrics. It sounds artificial and bland.

Plus now that I think about it, not since the 90s could you hear diverse acts on a radio "todays hits" station. Where were at now is this pop/hip hop hybrid mess or the occasional gimmick song that is only popular for a season.

#200 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

What the “new music” theme guys don’t get ...
    Where’s the story line?
    What happens?
    You can’t just have a pinball playing music.
    What’s on the LCD?
    “Daft punk works on Tron” ... yeah it sure does. Because it enhances the Tron story amd gels with the ruleset.
    You couldn’t remove Tron from that game and just have a Daft Punk pinball - what’s the story? How do you write rules to music that mostly doesn’t have words? Just plonk the ball around?
    Other pins - Maiden, ACNC, etc - each song follows the song theme/lyrics. There’s an overarching goal to “battle the beast” or “escape the castle” or something.
    I don’t know how you’d apply that to pop music.
    Maybe someone has some ideas?
    rd

The source material is unlimited!

The LCD can feature screenshots of the artist's Twitter accounts, referencing Twitter beef and how award shows are so unfair.

If the mode of earning a Grammy nomination is not achieved, the machine will power down in protest.

It will be easy to design because you can interchange various modern pop and hip hop artists and it will all be the same.

There can also be a mode where you have to hit X number of shots to keep the copyright infringement lawyers away.

If the mode is not completed, the game will deduct points to settle things with the estate of the deceased artist that did the song first.

Another mode can be whatever song you select, you can earn a DJ Khaled team up. It does nothing. The only thing it does is adds a "DEE JAY KHALED!" shout out for whatever song you selected in the first place.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SunnRAT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-music-licenses-catch-up-with-modern-times?tu=SunnRAT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.