(Topic ID: 29463)

When will LEDs get more affordable?

By Crash

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Convave_#555_playfield_t10_wedge.jpg
    Convave_#44_playfield_ba9s.jpg
    2012-10-15_19-08-08_359.jpg
    P1010004.JPG
    playfield.jpg
    cointkr.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diskoboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 11 years ago

I only use ablaze 1 LED's for inserts, but I use the concave lens bulbs since they have better light spread. I use frosted bulbs for incandescent bulbs on the playfield that would normally be capped. For GI, I use the ablaze 4 LED/SED bulbs.

For flashers, I use Cointaker super flashers.

1 week later
    #66 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I was doing a little more reading and it appears the singe led concave lens from PBL are very similare to the CT 170 degree bulbs. Do you have issues with them ghosting in your inserts? Thinking mainly for a newer Stern.

Only in my TZ. They tend to ghost in WPC games, but when I use them for inserts, I don't see them ghosting. However, when I use them on or above the playfield, that's the only time I notice them.

I did use some for the inserts and pop bumpers in my friends Tron, and I never noticed any ghosting. But we used Cointakers for the GI lighting.

But from what I've experienced, they only ghost on the controlled lamps. I've never seen ghosting in normal GI lighting.

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Well, there are conflicting opinions. If I don't like them, I can always order the frosteds. I'll see what these look like and go from there. I figured based on the larger spread, they would fill out the bigger inserts, like the light cycles.

I would use the 3-LED's or 4-LED/SED bulbs for GI.

While the PBL concave bulbs have a good light spread, most people (including me) still find them to dim for playfield lighting.

But those 4 LED bulbs throw out some serious light!

#74 11 years ago

When you guys are talking about using the concave single LEDs for GI, are you talking about playfield GI? I was planning on ordering some in red and blue for my Pinbot. I had tried colored incandescents, but they were too dim.

Yes.

I use these for standard playfield lighting.
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2561

I use the blue and red ones on my TZ and they look amazing. However, I use the white ones around the flipper/slingshot areas.

2012-10-15_19-08-08_359.jpg2012-10-15_19-08-08_359.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diskoboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-leds-get-more-affordable?tu=diskoboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.