Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,064 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0033 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9718 (resized).jpeg
    matrix (resized).png
    IMG_2451 (resized).png
    IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1322 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
    nX-xq0NC_400x400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230321-083755 (resized).png
    19AC6A64-764B-4176-B902-1F68AC54D7CF (resized).png
    298AD8C2-82EF-4FB2-9290-7FDF822D70AA (resized).jpeg
    70CA1EFE-2F4D-4B5A-80DB-4177E4CB5647 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfemaaan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#310 4 years ago

Maybe because the recent lackluster “other” pins being released have made POTC a very desirable pin in comparison and now it’s back in demand? I only say this because there are very few listed and the ones that are go fast at $11-$20k

#340 4 years ago

I’ll never buy Toy Story, but on the other hand would rather they do Toy Story first so they can have more time to perfect GNR

1 week later
    #344 4 years ago

Yeah I’m having a hard time with how JJP is going to pull off GNR in 2020. The original was built during their heyday and really was epic during that time. Now 25 years later Guns has a rumored album but no new songs to speak of. So maybe the theme will be irrelevant but i can tell you no matter how good Toy Story will be, I’ve got zero interest in buying that theme. So really curious how they place the band in their current state into this 2020 version of GNR.

If it’s a bust, no biggie cuz the original is awesome. I’ll just HEP it

#347 4 years ago

A successful tour does not equate to a good pin. A good pin equals a good pin.

Putting flowers and new movie on top of Ghostbusters doesn’t make it good.

Now if you mean people are going to buy the pin based on current interest in the bands live shows, that may be true and would be a success for JJP (and that’s good thing of course).

You could say Supreme is a successful pin because they sold out. But it straight up sucks, like Spider-Man HD

So again, hoping JJP pulls it off, if so I’ll be NIB’n one next to my DE GNR. But I’m having a tough time thinking what they could do with this band and music from 25 years ago in 2020

#354 4 years ago

See now if it comes with the original AFD artwork, all the previous GNR albums, a new unreleased full album exclusive to only the pin, signatures from all band members past & present, A real guitar neck in the game, magnets that throw balls much crazier than the data east. An Axl that jumps out of the pin and starts a real riot, not only G & R Ramps, but GUNS N ROSES Ramps for every letter, real cocaine on the playfield, a full Slash Top hat Topper, all the rules from the DE GNR, more rules, modes, and wizards than POTC, real snakes in a snake pit, leather pants, a mini replica of The Rainbow Bar including the Lemmy statue, lifetime tickets to all GNR shows, and a private party and concert with the band every time you press start. Oh, and the extra ball button (even though i never use it)

Did I leave anything out?

#356 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The Song List-
    It's So Easy
    My Michelle
    One In A Million
    I Used To Love Her
    Back Off Bitch
    Mr. Brownstone
    Night Train
    Out To Get Me
    You're Crazy
    Right Next Door To Hell
    Pretty Tied Up
    Welcome To The Jungle

I believe I covered those with “all the previous GNR albums” but I guess that wouldn’t include Ain’t Goin’ Down no More

So that one as well

#363 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

You know JY64 - that's a great point. GnR is not relevant b/c the last two albums sold significantly less - one being a cover album and the other not even being produced by the full band.
    I'm happy someone like JY64 exists on these boards. Tries to make a point, get that jab in based on something anyone with half a deck would say - wow that's just completely wrong and not even in touch with reality. You have one of the most successful bands ever and literally someone (in the same topic) just posted the INSANE sales on their last tour which factually proves how relevant they are but no.....JY64 goes into the wiki page and pulls out an absolute irrelevant fact and tries to make a point....and fails.
    haha - well done.

Did you at least think my JJP GNR requirements for the pin were reasonable? Maybe the extra ball button was over the top?

#371 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

If Stern was making Guns N Roses would everyone change their minds about getting this title? Stern has only done 10 music pins. Jesus Christ!

If Stern was making GNR it would be DOA for me. So really glad its JJP

#374 4 years ago
    Quoted from Snailpin:

How do we know who's designing it?

You don't. Just like we really don't know JJP is making it. So were all guessing.

Eric from JJP will be at TPF coincidentally though, but everything else is fake news until it isnt

#376 4 years ago

I would never play a JJP again if that were true

#380 4 years ago

I would have canceled my order after they removed the 3 spinning discs. To this day, you look at the LCD and see the 2 spinning discs in the graphics which is lame AF. POTC didn't become great until everything else Stern was turning out fell way short and it became unavailable as mentioned. So POTC is good, but seriously a pin you get bored of regardless how many modes it has. I've seen it in an arcade with people playing other pins instead.

So hopefully they figure that out and go beyond for GNR. If they make a typical JJP pin and slap an LCD with GNR videos on it, that's DOA for me. They are really gonna have a tight rope to walk. But rather JJP than Stern any day. Time will tell

#383 4 years ago

I would rather JJP take their time and make a pin good out the gate. Otherwise buy a Stern, they constantly release unfinished lack luster game fast

#395 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I agree with everything you said except this. It did work well granted the very few prototype games on tour had ten thousand plays on them so yeah they did get weak over time which is why they test them in these torture test scenarios. While it sadly never made the BOM cut I will always stand firm that Eric’s amazing creation was a huge innovation to pinball. Dialed in it works perfectly and hope some day to see this advancement return. If your ever in my area let me know and you can see how a new mech plays.[quoted image]

Yeah I got to play one, it was the centerpiece of the game (literally) and did have a magnetic effect no other pin had. So to say the game didn’t lose anything when it got thrown out is bogus. I get why they had to do it though.

Maybe something better makes its way into GNR

#400 4 years ago

Figuring out how to get these “Risky Items” into the games is going to be the key. With all the people complaining about minor issues these days I hope they keep pushing the envelope. This is why Stern games are so bland to me because they hardly do anything risky. Everytime I play one of those then play Indiana Jones Williams or a TOTAN you can clearly see the difference and why the 90s pins hold up 25 years later. They took risks because the future of pinball was near and they pulled out all the stops.

I’d rather have an over the top game with mechanics, etc with the possible risks vs a wide open simple playfield with the typical LCD screen we’ve been seeing.

#404 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What? you see this is why I love JJP threads and the fanboys. Maiden, JP3, Deadpool nothing lack luster in those games sir. JJP isn't taking their time, they have no choice. If you think for a second they wouldn't rather be in Stern's place even with all the lame complaining from Pinball dicks then ur more delusional than it appears which is highly delusional.

I just liked when Stern Jurassic Park with a dinosaur in the upper left corner picks up a ball better when it was called Data East Jurassic Park. But at least they added a poorly spinning truck AKA TOTAN Lamp. Very original

If Stern is so great why are you lurking around JJP threads? Still waiting for completed code?

1 week later
    #423 4 years ago

With JJP moving to Chicago it might be Stern GNR at this rate. Guess we’ll find out in a couple weeks

1 week later
    #432 4 years ago

I'm losing all interest in this Pin. I have a Data East GNR with PinSound & all tracks, all albums, so I'm set as far as I'm concerned. I'm curious but not holding my breath for JJP to pull this off, they got a high bar

#434 4 years ago

It’s set in stone just like every pin rumor and the 15 Commandments

A24F621D-C159-4330-8CA2-7E3651E0A48C.gifA24F621D-C159-4330-8CA2-7E3651E0A48C.gif
    #454 4 years ago

I finally know the answer to this thread...

926CA760-4AF8-446D-9226-94139B2451BA.gif926CA760-4AF8-446D-9226-94139B2451BA.gif
    #457 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You don't know Jack.

I actually do. He’s a nice guy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfemaaan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-jjp-announce-next-game?tu=wolfemaaan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.